American Councils for International Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Councils for International Education Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.6

Participant Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Councils for International Education.

Interview

The interview was conducted on Skype and included two supervisors who asked thought-provoking questions which tested your wit and judgment. The interviewees did not dress formally and were pretty casual and humorous. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

It was completely unprofessional. I had no idea when the interview would be taking place or whether it would take longer than expected. Overall, I got through it because it was very easy and I could sweet talk the interviewers

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself growing as a business analyst?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Councils for International Education (Washington, DC).

Interview

I have never been through a more unprofessional interview than this one. The interviewer ended up being about 10 minutes late, but then continued throughout the entire length of the interview to remind me that we had to stick to a time schedule. They were constantly checking the time to see how much time was left. Two of the interviewers continued to bicker with each other throughout the interview which not only took away time from the "strict schedule" but showed a lack of professionalism making me question the work ethic of their employees. Questions were easy but for the interviewer continued to interrupt between each question before I had the opportunity to give my full response. I feel sorry for the person that they ended up hiring that has to work with them.

Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Councils for International Education (Washington, DC).

Interview

Had two in-person interviews with the senior program manager at the American Coucils office. Questions included sharing my background and experience, capacity to problem solve and overcome challenges, and strengths and weaknesses. Was also asked to talk through how I would address a student case study. Staff was very genial and open to talking about the position and work culture.

Interview Questions

• Which community stakeholders would you engage in student communities?   Answer Question

Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Councils for International Education (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

I heard back initially from the organization for an interview, and one was set up in a reasonable amount of time. The initial interview was a one-on-one discussion with the program/hiring manager and lasted for well over an hour. Following that interview, I did not hear anything (even after a thank you follow-up). I then was contacted exactly a month later for a second interview, after I had written the position off (due to not hearing). I returned for a second interview to meet the rest of the team, as well as one of the organization's directors. I again sent follow up thank you notes and just never heard from the organization ever again. I have no doubt that the work that this organization does is meaningful (which was my reason to apply in the first place), but this was the most unprofessional interview process I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for American Councils?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Councils for International Education (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application through the online system, I was contacted a week later for an interview. The interview was scheduled for a week after the initial email contact. Three staff from American Councils for International Education interviewed me, and they all took turns asking me questions. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes. I was told I would find out the results about 1 month after the interview, but I didn't hear back until about 2 months after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position?   Answer Question
    • What experiences do you have in your current or previous jobs that have prepared you for the position you are applying for?   Answer Question
    • What is a challenge that you have faced, and how have you handled it?   Answer Question
    • What type of communicator are you, and do you work best in a group setting or as an individual?   Answer Question
    • What do you think will be the biggest challenge of the job?   Answer Question

Summer Resident Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Councils for International Education (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Application was submitted online. Phone interview with all staff involved with administering the language programs. There was a troubleshooting essay question to complete about 2 weeks after. Following correspondence was electronically.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Councils for International Education (Washington, DC) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online through the AC website and got the phone interview within 2 weeks I think. There were two-rounds phone interview. after that the HR contacted me told I was given an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Councils for International Education (Washington, DC).

Interview

There is a fairly extensive online questionnaire with specific questions that you are never asked about. You get called in for an interview, with your potential work supervisor and their supervisor. I was asked standard interview questions that can be prepared for by reading the job description and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• One question that was very difficult asked me to predict a solution to a problem that I didn't know the company standard operation procedure for (but I was sure existed).   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Councils for International Education (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The department I applied to contacted me within a week of my application to set up an in-person interview. The process was quick and mostly to make sure I could speak coherently - I was offered the position after the interview concluded.