American Eagle Outfitters Assistant Buyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Eagle Outfitters Assistant Buyer Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I applied through a posting on our university jobboard. After an initial phone interview with HR, I was flown to Pittsburgh to interview with a buyer and then participate in a 2 day interview program. There were probably 2-3 dozen candidates and 2 days of activities including rounds of interviews back to back in a hotel meeting room (where 10 other candidates are interviewed at the same time at different tables), meet-and-greet the buyers at happy hour etc. Like someone mentioned, it was like a sorority rush event.

FYI: The company is not very diverse. Most employees are from Pittsburgh and/or University of Pittsburgh.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Assistant Buyer Interview

Interview

There were a lot of interviews in a short period of time. The final interview event was in Pittsburgh at the home offices. The final interviews lasted 2 days and were a mixture of presentations, in depth interviews, and social experiences to gauge one's personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

I was initially really impressed with the company during the first round. The final round was a lot more shady. It seemed as if right off the bat the HR people had favorites and if you weren't one of them, it felt as if you were literally wasting your time. They spent a lot of time badmouthing Abercrombie and trying to convince everyone how great Pittsburgh is. It was also a little bit too casual almost bordering on unprofessional. Unlike the first round where they prepared us well for what to expect, the final round seemed like more a gotcha game with surprise challenges. It felt like America's Next Top Model and not in a good way. It seemed like the chosen few were already hired and pretty much just had to show up. Everyone else was basically a seat filler. Overall, I feel like they hired people who are a lot like the people who already work there.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in August 2010.

Interview

The people are really nice and kind. They take every effort to meet with you. However, be prepared to make adjustments as they were constantly rescheduling me for my second interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses and how are your working to better that weakness?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went out of your way to help someone and why you did it?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in November 2009.

Interview

Phone interview was basic from a HR standpoint and then the interview process included multiple 1 on 1 interviews. If passed, a super day was scheduled with all canddiates at their headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA. The 3 day process included presentations, challenges, and group interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is the one item the retail store is lacking for men and women?   1 Answer

salary was not competitive