American Eagle Outfitters Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Eagle Outfitters Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 9, 2016

2.3

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Quick and in store during business hours. Pretty basic questions. Got an offer that day during the interview. Was given a store tour and a tour of the back room the day of as well.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a situation in the past where the customer was not happy and why?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Boston, MA).

Interview

Thorough process from beginning to end. Meet with the recruiter, then interview with the District Manager followed by a panel interview with the District Manager as well as the Regional Manager. Then interview with the Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were faced with a difficult customer, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Akron, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

My interview took place in store with the store manager and the district manager on a Thursday. I first had to fill out a paper application, while they reviewed my resume. They asked for specific examples on how my prior mangement experience would benefit the company and what I could offer/bring to the table for the store. Although I was asked some pretty tough to answer managing questions It was a very comfortable, more relaxed interview where it felt as though I was just talkin to friends. After my interview they had me take a type of personality survey. Basically just had to select adjectives inwhich would describe myself. They use that to show what kind of worker you are and how you'd fit in with their current team. After filling out the form for my background the interview process was over. I got a call the following Monday offering me the position!

Interview Questions

• Tell me how I would know you are successful at your current managing position if I walked into your place of employment today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (San Marcos, TX).

Interview

turn in your application. follow up with it and yo ll get interview day. just be yourself and make sure your interviewer knows your abilities and what you can do for her/him.

Interview Questions

• there was not any hard or unexpected question. just use your common sense. if you were the owner of the AE, what would you do improve the company?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I got hired on the spot after a couple of questions. I learned a lot about what the company was and who they were about. I also got a lot of insight onto what my specific jobs would be and what I would be responsible for.

Interview Questions

• What type of animal would you be and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied in person via paper application after seeing the ASM posted on the website. I got a call two weeks later about an in-person interview with the store manager. A few days later I received a call from the District Manager to set up a phone interview. A few days later I received a call and an on the spot offer. I was offered 3k lower than I wanted. I negotiated and got my asking. I was in the store two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/weaknesses, when was a time where you had to multitask, how did you handle difficult situations, what would you do in X situation with a customer. (Huge customer first culture).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tannersville, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Tannersville, PA).

Interview

Filled out an application and brought my resume to the store.
    Interviewed on the spot and was asked to attend the training

Interview Questions

• Do you love retail?
      (can be hard to answer if you really didn't expect it)
      Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up good time for a phone interview. I was then set up for a time to meet the DM for the store I would be going to. We had a very casual conversation for about 30 minutes. I heard back from them with an offer within about a week.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I wanted to leave the complany I was with and why I wanted to come to American Eagle.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Rochester, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I was initially contacted within one week of initially applying by district manager for opportunity in a *soon to open* factory store. There was no Store Manager, or I could have been contacted by them first. Doubtful though, even after hiring, most initial outreach was done by DM and not SM. They were quick about interviewing, and told you they had plenty of candidates. The interview will be very much like a conversation, and not much at all like a formal interview. Dress as if you're working at American Eagle. They're a denim company, and preach that over and over. Nice denim, and a button down, more than acceptable for any store level position in terms of attire. They will ask you a lot more about people, and a lot less about your actual work qualities or experience, outside of the usual "what would you do in this situation/that situation" type questions.

Interview Questions

• How strongly do you feel about your business acumen?   2 Answers

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They had one number, and could afford one number.

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Auburn Hills, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

I was just hired because they needed to fill a spot, I never got any additional training and I had asked numerous times. I wanted to feel like I was part of a company that invested in their people but I was so excited to even work for AE I thought it would happen eventually. Unfortunately I was there for 1.5years and decided that I was never going to get the training and I deserved better than that.