American Eagle Outfitters Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Eagle Outfitters Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

2.1

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

They ask all basic employee questions. They are not very broud with the questions. Its all very plain and straight foward but decent. Wish they would interview managers as managers and not so much as a sales associate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was with the store manager of the location. It was very laid back and casual. Basically filled out my knowledge of retail and management experience. From there, I was passed on to the District Manager, which was a bit more grueling and arduous. The interview with the store manager was in person, while the DM was over the phone.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2015.

Interview

Very easy for me, I knew the SM going into it so I kinda had a leg up. She was able to help me through the entire process of my phone interview. I never even had a face to face interview. We talked briefly on the phone then my SM called me and Tom me I had got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

One on one with manager. Interview lasted about 30 minutes and it was mainly general questions nothing out of ordinary. Since its American Eagle they did ask about fashion & how I would describe mine.

Interview Questions

• Describe your sense of fashion and where your inspiration comes from   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

I met w/ the district manager. Overall the interview was very lighthearted. She asked me to tell her about my experience and then talked to me a little bit about how they needed help to "turn the store around". Then she asked my salary expectations. I got hired pretty much the next day.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Very simple and straightforward. Typical interview questions asked. Focused on previous management experience. Be prepared to interview with store manager and district manager. Be prepared to speak about past experiences to show leadership skills.

Negotiation

DM asked for a recent paystub from current employer to verify income. The company is very salary conscious, tries to get each manager at the minimum amount they will take.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Miami, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Brought in a paper application. I was called to schedule a job interview shortly after. It was held in the back room of the store. The interview wasn't very long. I think they were looking for a fresh mind to mold into their company culture.

Interview Questions

• Business acumen questions, integrity questions, general management questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

It was very intresting that the person who interview me was not prepare. I was actually the one who ask questions and refer to info about company status from my reseach. This was District Manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AEO?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

There is a few round interview. You interview with the store manager and if you pass that interview you move on to the district manaager. After the district manager you phone interview with the regional.

Interview Questions

• Our conversation talked about conversion. At that point in my retail career I hadnt dealt with traffic or conversion. It was clearly stated to me and then I understood.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We are offering you a postion at such and such an hr would you like to accept?

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I applied on the American Eagle website. I got a call back about 4 days later. I was a year out of college at this point so it was great timing. I had applied for a position at a certain location, went to that location for the interview, and was met by a store manager of a different location. She insisted she liked me so much that I go with her to her location (double the distance, less pay) instead. Liking my interviewer so much I took the chance. Anyways, the interview took place right outside of the store. The questions were great, having delivered them myself after being hired I would know. They go into detail about past jobs, pluses and minuses about yourself, if you are good in front of a crowd/public speaking, personal hobbies, etc. Its very in depth but very conversational too, which is nice!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever brought an idea to the table for a team project? I think it asked what the outcome was too.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got asked what I was looking for, I told her, and I got it. The hiring manager at the time was the best woman ever, she paid good talent well. i also didn't need much back then