American Eagle Outfitters Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Assistant Store Manager

American Eagle Outfitters Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2017

2.1

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minot, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Minot, ND) in November 2017.

Interview

They were very flexible with the interview scheduling, I had to reschedule and we ended up doing it during my break at my current job. The guy was a manager from another store and they were hiring all new management. The environment when I came in was so upbeat and friendly! They were really excited to meet me. Since this was a quick interview, he just brang me to the back of the store and asked me very simple questions. Really easy interview! Usually get really nervous about interviews, but the guy was so friendly and nice and made me feel comfortable. (I am currently waiting for a call back as this was just today for me)

Interview Questions

• How would you encourage the employees to reach the sales goal for that day?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, OH

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Aurora, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application online. A few days later I received an email to contact the store to set up an interview. I set up an interview with the store manager 2 days later. The interview was an hour long with the store manager. It was your basic interview questions. We talked a lot about the company and how American Eagle runs. Very informative. She told me she would get back to me either way in 2 days after she completed all interviews and discussed everything with her district manager. Never heard back from her. That is very poor business.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

They ask all basic employee questions. They are not very broud with the questions. Its all very plain and straight foward but decent. Wish they would interview managers as managers and not so much as a sales associate.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was with the store manager of the location. It was very laid back and casual. Basically filled out my knowledge of retail and management experience. From there, I was passed on to the District Manager, which was a bit more grueling and arduous. The interview with the store manager was in person, while the DM was over the phone.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2015.

Interview

Very easy for me, I knew the SM going into it so I kinda had a leg up. She was able to help me through the entire process of my phone interview. I never even had a face to face interview. We talked briefly on the phone then my SM called me and Tom me I had got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

One on one with manager. Interview lasted about 30 minutes and it was mainly general questions nothing out of ordinary. Since its American Eagle they did ask about fashion & how I would describe mine.

Interview Questions

• Describe your sense of fashion and where your inspiration comes from   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

I met w/ the district manager. Overall the interview was very lighthearted. She asked me to tell her about my experience and then talked to me a little bit about how they needed help to "turn the store around". Then she asked my salary expectations. I got hired pretty much the next day.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Very simple and straightforward. Typical interview questions asked. Focused on previous management experience. Be prepared to interview with store manager and district manager. Be prepared to speak about past experiences to show leadership skills.

Negotiation

DM asked for a recent paystub from current employer to verify income. The company is very salary conscious, tries to get each manager at the minimum amount they will take.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Miami, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Brought in a paper application. I was called to schedule a job interview shortly after. It was held in the back room of the store. The interview wasn't very long. I think they were looking for a fresh mind to mold into their company culture.

Interview Questions

• Business acumen questions, integrity questions, general management questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

It was very intresting that the person who interview me was not prepare. I was actually the one who ask questions and refer to info about company status from my reseach. This was District Manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AEO?   1 Answer