American Eagle Outfitters Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Eagle Outfitters Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at American Eagle Outfitters

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Albany, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

I was recruited by the DM to come in for an interview. The paperwork process seemed quite lengthy, it took a few weeks, but the interview was brief. The interview itself took about 45 minutes and was basic experience, situation, behavior, and outcome themed questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your performance was below expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Stated that I had to make what I was currently making if not better.

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2010.

Interview

Through networking, I was able to set up an initial interview with the DM for an interview. We were doing things backwards according to her as she usually is the last interview and my interview with a store mgr wasn't until the following week. I had to take an online personality survey after she sent me the link and after I had filled out the app. During the course of the interview we discussed her expectations, methods of development, and company values and work culture which aligned well with my previous employer. The only sticking point I had was that she brings all external candidates at the assistant store manager level without exception. While there may be some validity to the point of a learning curve, there should also be an individual's background and experience taken into account as well. Very team-oriented, customer-oriented and driven to be the best business owners mentality in each of their stores, so good learning opportunity for someone new(er) to management.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Richmond, VA) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview was very informal. I had 1 in person interview and was offered a job within a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything. I was told that I was being brought in at the highest rate for my position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

The process is fairly easy, questions are basic and easy to answer. It is important to show a positive personality, because it is something that recruiters look for. Make sure to dress casually for the 2nd and 3rd interviews, style is important. Look like you belong there. "Live your life, love your job" is more than just a slogan at AE, be yourself and have fun.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. When I arrived to the job offer meeting, the job offer letter was already printed and signed, and it included the proposed salary, so it's take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Canada, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Canada, KY) in June 2016.

Interview

Very easy and basic, some personal questions, explain your previous job experience, some examples about how will you face situations in the store or tell personal testimony about previous troubles.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minot, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Minot, ND) in November 2017.

Interview

They were very flexible with the interview scheduling, I had to reschedule and we ended up doing it during my break at my current job. The guy was a manager from another store and they were hiring all new management. The environment when I came in was so upbeat and friendly! They were really excited to meet me. Since this was a quick interview, he just brang me to the back of the store and asked me very simple questions. Really easy interview! Usually get really nervous about interviews, but the guy was so friendly and nice and made me feel comfortable. (I am currently waiting for a call back as this was just today for me)

Interview Questions

• How would you encourage the employees to reach the sales goal for that day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was with the store manager of the location. It was very laid back and casual. Basically filled out my knowledge of retail and management experience. From there, I was passed on to the District Manager, which was a bit more grueling and arduous. The interview with the store manager was in person, while the DM was over the phone.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

They ask all basic employee questions. They are not very broud with the questions. Its all very plain and straight foward but decent. Wish they would interview managers as managers and not so much as a sales associate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, OH

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Aurora, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application online. A few days later I received an email to contact the store to set up an interview. I set up an interview with the store manager 2 days later. The interview was an hour long with the store manager. It was your basic interview questions. We talked a lot about the company and how American Eagle runs. Very informative. She told me she would get back to me either way in 2 days after she completed all interviews and discussed everything with her district manager. Never heard back from her. That is very poor business.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I applied on the American Eagle website. I got a call back about 4 days later. I was a year out of college at this point so it was great timing. I had applied for a position at a certain location, went to that location for the interview, and was met by a store manager of a different location. She insisted she liked me so much that I go with her to her location (double the distance, less pay) instead. Liking my interviewer so much I took the chance. Anyways, the interview took place right outside of the store. The questions were great, having delivered them myself after being hired I would know. They go into detail about past jobs, pluses and minuses about yourself, if you are good in front of a crowd/public speaking, personal hobbies, etc. Its very in depth but very conversational too, which is nice!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever brought an idea to the table for a team project? I think it asked what the outcome was too.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got asked what I was looking for, I told her, and I got it. The hiring manager at the time was the best woman ever, she paid good talent well. i also didn't need much back then