American Eagle Outfitters Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.2

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (El Paso, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

got called for an interview after a month of applying. got interviewed by food court area at the mall. Few questions, got a call back the next day for job offer,

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Grapevine, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

After you fill out your application they'll do a pre-screen and then call you to set up an interview (make sure you fill out your availability or they will not call you). After the interview they will call you and let you know when you should come in for training and to take the placement quiz.

Anonymous Employee in Tinton Falls, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Tinton Falls, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Very quick and easy, usual interview questions. Very casual. I just spoke to the hiring manager at the time about my availability and past experience and we worked out a day to get my orientation done.

Interview Questions

• What's the hardest thing that you've had to do at work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Milpitas, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Group interview with common questions and very fast, also very nice people and I didn't feel intimidated. Met the staff and got familiar with cone of the clothing types. They made is try on all the jeans and say which one was our favorite. Satisfied with interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Interview

Went in person to get application, they gave me a mini interview right there. Then I got called a few days later for an official interview. They got back to me a few days later telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a tough situation with a customer you have previously had   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Lawn, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Oak Lawn, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

When I first approached the manager for an application, she was very judgmental and I could tell she really didn't want to even give me an application. When I was called back for an interview, I was put in a group with some of my friends who had also applied. When she asked us questions, she always pointed out negatuve things we were saying. I'm assuming she did this only because of a certain "look
     American Eagle wants from its employees.

Interview Questions

• Do you have enough money to wear the clothes that we sale? You must wear them when you work.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in March 2011.

Interview

It was brief they wanted to know about your previous jobs? And what you can bring into American Eagle? After answering I got hire the next day. I would recommend if you need a part time job. Its a great experience.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Melbourne, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

I was first approached at my other previous workplace on considering switching over to them. They were very interested in me, and I was glad to accept their offer because of their better pay and discounts for employees. I went in for an interview and they asked me about myself, where I saw myself in the company in the future, and if I had any challeneges in the workplace or in my personal life what they were and how I dealt with them. The interview process took about 15-20 mintues, and they said they would call me and keep in touch. My recommendation is for you to call them about a week after the initial interview. They appreciate this, but do it when business is slow and they don't have a lot of customers in. Having the one on one interview was very nice, and the people there are friendly and hard workers. They offer great benefits, and always have incentives for those who go the extra mile.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging thing you have faced in the workplace or in your personal life and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

When told what I was going to get paid, they did ask me if this was okay. If I were you I would expect anywhere between 7.50-9.50 an hour depending on youe expereince and location.

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in June 2011.

Interview

Very short interview. I was asked about fashion trends and why I picked AE. Seemed very busy. My completely focused on the interview. Everything was ready for when I arrived. The manager had my application, paper, and a sheet with questions. I hate having to wait 20 minutes past my interview time. I also too a personality test.

hours

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in August 2010.

Interview

Group interview in back of store
    everyone went around and answered the same question (I went first for all of them)
    they told us they'd call our references then give us a call in the morning
    got called back in the morning to set up an orientation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none. minimum wage