American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2018

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Sayreville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Sayreville, NJ).

Interview

I applied online and got a call two days later for a quick 5 minute phone interview. Then a week later I was called in for a 5 minute in person interview. The next day I received a job offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

The interview was around half and hour and somewhat casual. They really just wanted to get a feel for my personality and work experience. They gave me a general over view of the store and how it’s ran, we spoke about random things, I was asked a few random questions, and finally I was challenged to sale an item I didn’t like.

Interview Questions

• Pick out the ugliest item in the store and sell it to me.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Very informal, met with the hiring manager, she was very nice and informative and made me feel comfortable. It was one on one, and once you are hired you'll do your orientation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, two weeks later got an automated email to call the store to set up an interview. Scheduled an interview for the following week. Came in a little early, one of the managers took me to a section of the store in the corner and asked me general interview questions. Afterwards, I was asked to take a personality test on their computer using adjectives to describe myself and adjectives that would describe myself in the position. An hour later, got a call back from the store manager offering me the position.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Denver, CO) in February 2018.

Interview

Got email after couple day of application and told to call the store to set appointment with manager. Got interview the next day right away. They told me that someone from the store will contact me soon. Didn't hear anything after 2 weeks.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Went into the store for an interview and they offered me the job right after. Really simple and basic questions, and more about why I wanted to work there and why I'd be a good employee in a retail environment.

Interview Questions

• Pick out an outfit for a potential customer and show me how you'd sell it to them   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Concord, NC) in January 2018.

Interview

The lady interviewing me was nice but also strange. She asked me if I had any work experience when I put that I had none, on my job application. She pretty much declined me because of the no work experience, I was unhappy.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I applied in store and was asked why I wanted to work at AE. Then one of the managers set up an interview time for the following week. She made me feel very comfortable and asked me about some of my skills and experience with retail.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in December 2017.

Interview

I got an email that requested I give the store a call to set up an interview. I went in for my interview and chatted with the current acting manager. It took about an hour or so. She had me do a personality quiz. It was a pretty normal and laid back interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Phila, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

They had put outfits together for men and women and I was asked me more questions.thwy sad I would get a call back in a week that as a lie no call back at all.

Interview Questions

• They asked me have been in Sales person before I have been and other.....   1 Answer