American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at American Eagle Outfitters

1,335 Interview Reviews

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Applied online via their website and was asked to attend an in-person group interview. Everyone was asked the same questions and given time to answer them fully. Received a call a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Choose one article of clothing from the store and share how you would style it.   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

They responded back to me promptly and the interview was very enjoyable. Of course, it depends on who is interviewing you and who your supervisor will be, but I had a good time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at American Eagle? Why not Abercrombie, or Pac sun, or Vans, or Aeropostle?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

First the manager asks interview questions: from a selective list of questions. Then they ask you to put together an outfit from the store. After that you might take a "Personality" test on the computer, to see what zone of the floor to put you in

Interview Questions

• -What is a piece of essential clothing in your closet?
      -Tell me how you planned for your outfit today.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (West Des Moines, IA).

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. I submitted a paper application (I think they've switched to all online) and they called within the next day to set up an interview. I was interviewed by the store manager within the store before they opened for the day.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (College Station, TX) in April 2020.

Interview

I applied online and got scheduled for an interview a few days later. Once I got to the store I was greeted and asked to wait for the manager. Once she arrived she asked me standard questions like "Why I choose to applied" and " What can I offer the business" All in all, it was a very chill interview

Interview Questions

• In your previous job, what was an unexpected issue that arose and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

It lasted about a week after my initial interview which was the the SM and DM. They asked the basic questions to know how much knowledge I had in the field and then went on to more personal in depth questions.

Visual Lab Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy. They mostly wanted to know about me and how my past experience could benefit me in this position. They were really nice and asked a lot of questions about my personal life and personal goals. I didn't feel intimidated and felt like the overall environment of the Visual department is/was chill and laid back.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I was introduced to a manager who interviewed me with several different questions. Overall it was a pleasant professional experience. Everything happened quickly as I received a call for a job offer the same night.

Retail Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Novi, MI) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview was quick, fun, and easy. I felt immediately comfortable and like I belonged. I had a great conversation with my employer and the process was very simple to go through.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Aerie?   1 Answer

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in February 2020.

Interview

Did a short online interview, completed a retail math exam, and trend project that involved choosing products or trends that would suit the next seasons line of clothing. For the first round. The second round interview is several weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose your school and major?
      What are some trends you see for the upcoming season?   Answer Question