American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2018
1,007 Interview Reviews

2.1

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Took a while to get a call back and had to check in to ensure my interest in the position. Interviewed with a manager for about 15 minutes. Asked questions about myself and problem solving skills and interests in college. Lastly I had to pick out an outfit for a certain situation and sell it to him.

Lead Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarksburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Clarksburg, MD) in May 2018.

Interview

the interviewer was so friendly we sat down and she interviewed me we talked about the weather and other things and eased into the interview questions she informed me on the importance of patience and listened to me speak. as I was speaking she was writing notes about me on her paper. she asked what I wanted to do for a career since I was in college and what not

Interview Questions

• what do you like best about American eagle and why do you wanna work here   1 Answer
    • how would you describe yourself   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

It was a group interview of about 9 people. We were all asked questions and went around the room. The interview was pretty positive and the group was diverse and easy to get along with.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

It was a very casual face to face interview. I was asked the generic questions like how would you handle certain situations, what stands you apart from other applicants, why do you want to work for American Eagle, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe the best and worst bosses you ever served under, what were their desirable and not desirable characteristics?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Applied in store (now they only allow online applications though), had a quick prescreen interview, was called later that day to set up a group interview. Five of us sat at a table and reviewed availability and previous work experience, and then went back to the store to build an outfit.

Interview Questions

• -Whats your availability like?
      -How do you keep up on current fashion trends?
      -Why do you want to work at American Eagle
      -How does your previous work place experiences apply to this job?
      -Build an outfit   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mashantucket, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Mashantucket, CT) in March 2018.

Interview

Took a couple of days from submitting application to having an interview. Interview was only 20 minutes long. Only asked general question about my education but nothing about my skill set. Manager was very sweet and easy to talk to but did not seem interested in the interview.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was very informal, she asked about my job experience and availability. It was obvious right off the bat that she didn't look at my application or resume that i attached...
    She also failed to explain that the job i was applying for was one week out of the month, which is sort of a big deal to an interested candidate. She made it seem like it was a full time job when in reality i wouldn't work for 3weeks in a row.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any merchandising experience   1 Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2018.

Interview

I came in for my interview and the hiring manager took me out to the food court. He asked myself basic interview questions. He seemed more concerned with my availability more than anything

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (San Diego, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Quick interview with manager. I walked in asked for the manager at registers, the manager met me soon after and we went to the corner of the store where she asked me a few generic interview questions, and had me take a quick personality quiz on the tablet. Interview was about 20 minutes, it would've been quicker she just got distracted a lot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Dallas, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

the interview didn't take that long it was a one on one interview and it was my first job at the time so i got super nervous when i did the interview but the managers understood and took it easy on me.