American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

It is all about: the first impression is the last impression so make it good impression and everything would be better..keep hopes high and impossible is nothing just keep working hard and have faith in God

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2010.

Interview

Through networking, I was able to set up an initial interview with the DM for an interview. We were doing things backwards according to her as she usually is the last interview and my interview with a store mgr wasn't until the following week. I had to take an online personality survey after she sent me the link and after I had filled out the app. During the course of the interview we discussed her expectations, methods of development, and company values and work culture which aligned well with my previous employer. The only sticking point I had was that she brings all external candidates at the assistant store manager level without exception. While there may be some validity to the point of a learning curve, there should also be an individual's background and experience taken into account as well. Very team-oriented, customer-oriented and driven to be the best business owners mentality in each of their stores, so good learning opportunity for someone new(er) to management.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Albany, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

I was recruited by the DM to come in for an interview. The paperwork process seemed quite lengthy, it took a few weeks, but the interview was brief. The interview itself took about 45 minutes and was basic experience, situation, behavior, and outcome themed questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your performance was below expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Stated that I had to make what I was currently making if not better.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Richmond, VA) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview was very informal. I had 1 in person interview and was offered a job within a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything. I was told that I was being brought in at the highest rate for my position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

The process is fairly easy, questions are basic and easy to answer. It is important to show a positive personality, because it is something that recruiters look for. Make sure to dress casually for the 2nd and 3rd interviews, style is important. Look like you belong there. "Live your life, love your job" is more than just a slogan at AE, be yourself and have fun.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. When I arrived to the job offer meeting, the job offer letter was already printed and signed, and it included the proposed salary, so it's take it or leave it.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I applied on the American Eagle website. I got a call back about 4 days later. I was a year out of college at this point so it was great timing. I had applied for a position at a certain location, went to that location for the interview, and was met by a store manager of a different location. She insisted she liked me so much that I go with her to her location (double the distance, less pay) instead. Liking my interviewer so much I took the chance. Anyways, the interview took place right outside of the store. The questions were great, having delivered them myself after being hired I would know. They go into detail about past jobs, pluses and minuses about yourself, if you are good in front of a crowd/public speaking, personal hobbies, etc. Its very in depth but very conversational too, which is nice!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever brought an idea to the table for a team project? I think it asked what the outcome was too.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got asked what I was looking for, I told her, and I got it. The hiring manager at the time was the best woman ever, she paid good talent well. i also didn't need much back then

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Only went on two interviews, one with the district manager and then one with the store manager of the store they wanted to place me in. Looking for someone wearing and representing the American Eagle brand by even wearing casual laid back clothes to the interview.

Interview Questions

• how do you keep up with your fashion trends?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Tulsa, OK) in March 2012.

Interview

One interview with the District Manager...very open and honest conversation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in August 2013.

Interview

In the beginning the was a lot of phone tag, the person scheduled to give my interview rescheduled a few times. We were able to connect and had a phone interview. The questions were not out of the ordinary. 'Where do you get your style from?" There were also some scenario questions, "what would you do if...?".

Interview Questions

• The interview flowed naturally, there wasn't any questions that stand out as difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, I was satisfied with the offer.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Very simple and straightforward. Typical interview questions asked. Focused on previous management experience. Be prepared to interview with store manager and district manager. Be prepared to speak about past experiences to show leadership skills.

Negotiation

DM asked for a recent paystub from current employer to verify income. The company is very salary conscious, tries to get each manager at the minimum amount they will take.