American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in April 2017.

Interview

Group interview with about ten others. I was the first to speak for many questions and the other candidates basically repeated everything I said for questions I answered. The hiring manager seemed to like me. She collected our resumes and asked 6 questions. Then she told us all to fill out applications. Before I was done she picked me and another girl, took us 3 feet away and told us the next step of the application process would be to get an email from one of three hiring managers after they looked at our availability. We said okay and she sent us on our ways. The next day they sent me an email saying "we have offered the position to a candidate who best fits the specific needs of the position". At least they responded back quickly lol

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Had a quick skype interview with a recruiter and was invited to their office a few days later for the final round interview. The interview involved a project and presenting it to ~20 people in a conference room. These people are in various functions across the department so be careful when presenting your project with your group that you do not say anything that could offend anyone (i.e. the design of something). They watch you the entire time and I truly believe I didn't get it because the other people in my group were so eager and overshadowed me when we were coming up with our project. Just try and standout as much as you can and have good presentation skills.

Interview Questions

• Who are competitors that are doing better in this industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in for a group interview that was for multiple stores in the area. The Questions were mostly about customer service. Everyone had the chance to speak at least one. hiring manager said that they were looking for people with at minimum 4 days of availability and one over night ability. being a student i did not meet the overnight requirement and was not called back

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

first: you apply online. Second they call you for a group interview. third they will send you an email if you were hire. you don't need to be dress in business attire.

Interview Questions

• What you like to do with your free time?   1 Answer

Merchandise Planner Interview

Interview

The interview process was simple. I met a recruiter at job fair and then I received a phone call 2 weeks after asking to come to campus to interview. Met with recruiter and they read from a list of questions that they have provided already.

Interview Questions

• what brands/labels do you wear? what are competitors of AE? what are some fashion trends you notice? what was a time you took a risk and failed? what was a time you went above and beyond in a task or accomplishment? your generic interview questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2016.

Interview

It was an average interview I guess. I applied online the process took 4 days. I went in and filled out a personality survey and was interviewed. We talked about the latest fashion, who's fashion inspires me the most. It was a very chill and laid back experience. Make sure you be yourself. Haven't heard back yet.

Merchant Teammate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2016.

Interview

Had to take an online retail math test. Then had to video record myself answering about 6 questions. Then I was invited to skype interview with an assistant buyer. The skype interview lasted about 40 mins. I was also asked to complete this buying report, but what then never asked about it..

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

This was an on-campus interview in the day following an internship/full-time recruitment fair. I interviewed for the position of Information Technology Intern. This was a first-round interview so the questions were largely behavioral; that is, the questions were not focused on my technological qualifications, but were instead focused on subjects pertaining to general interpersonal/leadership skills and personal qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to do something of questionable morality.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Macon, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Easy going, informal, relax and be yourself! They ask why you picked to wear the outfit you did, so you don't have to dress super professional! I suggest wearing american eagle clothes if you have them, but make sure to dress appropriate for a meeting. The manager told me that they have the Asst Manager interview you, and then if the main manager likes your resume/application and the asst manager liked you they will call you in for a second interview, and after that if both managers think you are a good fit for the job then they will call and offer you a position, if not I guess you didn't make the cut :p I LOVE AEO, so I hope I get a call back and get a second interview :) Its been a week since my interview and i haven't received a phone call yet :p

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your style?
      Why did you pick the outfit you are wearing today?
      What are your hobbies?
      Tell me about yourself
      What position would you prefer to work?
      Why do you want to work for AEO
      How would you give great customer service to our customers?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate & Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I saw a job posting online and submitted my resume through email at a local AEO, I was emailed back telling me to come in for an prescreening the following week. I walked in, was greeted by one of the sales associates who kindly pointed me out to one of the hiring managers, the manager was very brief and asked me a few questions like why I wanted to work for AEO and a little of my background. He then lead me to a computer where I took a short personality test. I was going to go home and wait to schedule an interview the next day, but the manager mentioned how they were offering walk in interviews that same day and asked me if I'd be interested. I said yes, came back 15 minutes for an impromptu interview. I was interviewed by a different manager, he was very polite and informative. It was a group interview, he basically gave a little introduction about AEO and his experience working for the company. He then preceded to asking us multiple questions to get to know each one of us and our background. And that was it, he told us that he would call us the following week if we were hired, unfortunately as excited as I was to work there, I didn't get a call back.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Tell me about yourself?