American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Was a relaxed group interview with three or four people. Simple questions, asking about your experience, scenarios, and your style, also information about the store and location. It was an average interview.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Had a quick skype interview with a recruiter and was invited to their office a few days later for the final round interview. The interview involved a project and presenting it to ~20 people in a conference room. These people are in various functions across the department so be careful when presenting your project with your group that you do not say anything that could offend anyone (i.e. the design of something). They watch you the entire time and I truly believe I didn't get it because the other people in my group were so eager and overshadowed me when we were coming up with our project. Just try and standout as much as you can and have good presentation skills.

Interview Questions

• Who are competitors that are doing better in this industry?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Chesapeake, VA).

Interview

I made the mistake of coming in on a Saturday.. Don't do that!! Come in at a quiet time such as a weekday or morning. However, I did save myself by including a resume. I would suggest turning in a resume even if you have little to no previous experience. It might seem silly but it sets you apart. The manager brushed me off until I mentioned my resume, I was then interviewed on the spot and hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was super easy. I went in for an interview and was hired on the spot. They had paper applications so I was able to go in the store and fill out the app without waiting for call backs and emails. I really loved working for the company

Interview Questions

• What makes you the perfect candidate for his position? (The only question they asked me)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in for a group interview that was for multiple stores in the area. The Questions were mostly about customer service. Everyone had the chance to speak at least one. hiring manager said that they were looking for people with at minimum 4 days of availability and one over night ability. being a student i did not meet the overnight requirement and was not called back

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed setting. I wore american eagle jeans and a cute top from another store. The manager just took me aside and ask me a few questions about 4 or 5 days after I submitted my application.

Cash Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

One group interview then they either call you for a second interview which is a one on one interview or Afterwards they let you know whether you made it or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Fill out app, asked about how you learn about latest trends, how flexible are your hours, are you willing to work overnights for floorset, take a quiz on personality. Once hired you go through orientation and usually start out in the fitting rooms or room one as a greeter. You might not get many hours at first, but if you make it known that you want to learn how to cashier you will get hours. They typically have one person on the floor during the week and they need a cashier (so that's where you'll get hours).

Interview Questions

• How do you learn about the latest trends?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online got an email couple days later to call to schedule for an interview and had the interview the following week. They basically told me on the spot that they will probably move forward with me. Wear something casual and comfortable but no to causal like jeans.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Garden City, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The manager had all prospective employees stand together in one of the fitting rooms so as to not crowd the store. She then asked all of us several questions and we all took turns answering.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to work at American Eagle Outfitters?   1 Answer