American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.1

894 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I felt extremely comfortable in my interview. The lady I had interviewed with was very friendly and had asked the typical American Eagle interview questions. I had left feeling confident and not worried, mainly because she had made sure I was comfortable and not nervous during the process.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to deal with a frustrated customer and how did you manage the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

It was great!interview experience can convince a talented person to join your team but a negative experience can tarnish your company's reputation. In this guide, recruiters, hiring managers and interviewers will learn what it takes to provide candidates with the best possible interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

A tedious application at the store, long wait for interview callback, and group interview with 5 other candidates lead by the store manager and other sales associates. Weeks before called I was called again. Did not return the call

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2017.

Interview

Moved extremely quick because they are in need to fill the role. Was offered the position the day after the interview. One phone interview, then in person interview with boss, team member, and HR.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview and she made me feel very comfortable and at home. She was very laid back and didn't really hound us; she let us answer the questions at our own pace.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to speak in front of a large group, how did your peers react, and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online. About three weeks later, I got an email saying to call to set up an interview. I called and had an interview the next day. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you saw good customer service.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

The interview process was a screening phone call in addition to a casual group interview with other candidates, very low pressure and in a food court. The interview took about 45 minutes tops.

Interview Questions

• The usual - any retail/ customer service experiences; hypothetical service situations; past work and skills.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, OH

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Aurora, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application online. A few days later I received an email to contact the store to set up an interview. I set up an interview with the store manager 2 days later. The interview was an hour long with the store manager. It was your basic interview questions. We talked a lot about the company and how American Eagle runs. Very informative. She told me she would get back to me either way in 2 days after she completed all interviews and discussed everything with her district manager. Never heard back from her. That is very poor business.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online, the next hour I was called to set an interview. The interview was pretty easy, lasted 8 minutes. The manager was super sweet, it was a simple talk.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any difficult customer? If so, how did you manage?   Answer Question

Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in August 2017.

Interview

I was a nervous wreck but the manager made me feel super comfortable and was very open about herself and the company. District manager was there as well but I interviewed with only the manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer
    • What were your duties at your last job?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest strength? Merchandising? Sales?   1 Answer
    • What's your weakness?   1 Answer