American Eagle Outfitters Cashier/Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Eagle Outfitters Cashier/Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2017

1.6

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Straightforward, was called in after applying online. Went in thinking it was a face to face interview and then found out it was a group interview. Not a fan since answers are piggy backed off and fine tuned If you spoke before someone else.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge you come across and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Sales Associate & Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I saw a job posting online and submitted my resume through email at a local AEO, I was emailed back telling me to come in for an prescreening the following week. I walked in, was greeted by one of the sales associates who kindly pointed me out to one of the hiring managers, the manager was very brief and asked me a few questions like why I wanted to work for AEO and a little of my background. He then lead me to a computer where I took a short personality test. I was going to go home and wait to schedule an interview the next day, but the manager mentioned how they were offering walk in interviews that same day and asked me if I'd be interested. I said yes, came back 15 minutes for an impromptu interview. I was interviewed by a different manager, he was very polite and informative. It was a group interview, he basically gave a little introduction about AEO and his experience working for the company. He then preceded to asking us multiple questions to get to know each one of us and our background. And that was it, he told us that he would call us the following week if we were hired, unfortunately as excited as I was to work there, I didn't get a call back.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Elizabeth, NJ).

Interview

Filled out the application and handed it in. I got interviewed right on the spot and was told to come back. I was told to call and then my interview was scheduled. We went over the basics and I was hired

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Chattanooga, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application with my resume, and received a call that night to set up an interview for the next day. The interview was very laid back and took place on couches located within the mall. The interviewer was very personable, and it felt much more like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in retail? Why do you want to work for American Eagle? How would you help a female customer who was looking for an outfit for that weekend? (For reference, I'm a male).   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in November 2015.

Interview

Didn't even do a interview with them, hired me on the spot then did orientation with like 6-10 people.and it's not fair training, they pretty much partner you up and you have to either watch or wait for the other person to get done with the stuff before you can.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

They just wanted to know if I had experience in customer service. The next week they called me and told me i was hired. I started working there 4 days later. Just be friendly and clean.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2015.

Interview

Walked in and asked if they were hiring and a lady gave me an application and told me to get her when I was done filling it out, I automatically had an interview which I had no idea I was even doing that day. I have orientation tomorrow morning the interview was very simple just be yourself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They don't give you many hours the most so far I have they offered was 20 hours I am hoping to show how hard of a worker I am to get more hours

Anonymous Employee in Newington, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Newington, NH) in August 2015.

Interview

I got a call and had the job right from there. They told me they were going to make me an appointment to come in and take a survey to see where I would be best placed within the store. I went to the store when they told me to and filled out a few informational papers and then took the survey. Process took about 2 hours and I was paid for it. Very uncomplicated and easy process, couldn't of gone better.

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Brownsville, TX).

Interview

I filled out my application and gave my resume to the main manager. He told to come back the next day for an interview. When I arrived, I was taken to the backroom. It wasn't much of an interview, it was more of an immediate hire. I filled out forms and what not. After all of that, I was put on the sales floor to help out as a trial run.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any retail experience?
      Is your schedule flexible?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Basically, the interview process was simple. After turning in my application I was called back to interview. They asked pretty basic retail questions and nothing caught me off guard. I would suggest having a few buzzwords memorized, things like "responsible" and other things to that affect.