American Eagle Outfitters Part-Time Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Part-Time Sales Associate

American Eagle Outfitters Part-Time Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2017

1.8

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (York, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was alright, I sat in a group interview with two others and I bonded well with the interviewer. Told us we would find out whether we got the job in a week, but received an email saying I got the job six hours later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview and she made me feel very comfortable and at home. She was very laid back and didn't really hound us; she let us answer the questions at our own pace.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to speak in front of a large group, how did your peers react, and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied and within an hour I got a call from the store to set up an interview. The interview is overall easy and very outgoing, my interview lasted approximately 8 minutes. The interview questions aren't that difficult, they're usually the same for everyone who I've talked with. They just want to know how much you desire working for them and not hire someone uninterested. You aren' t forced to wear their brand, just something that doesn't show another stores logo.

Interview Questions

• Tell me time you had a difficult customer and how did you managed it?   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Applied in store, received call from hiring manager the next week to come in with two forms of ID. Signed the forms, took a short quiz (with a given guide that basically has the answers), entered my information in the computer and will begin the following week.

No interview, very easy process.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Tampa, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

It wasn't long. The questions were short, simple and direct to the point. The interview was 10-15 minutes long at most. I had already filled the form in store and the manager was already setting the interview schedule so she told me then when to meet and where. It was conducted in a relaxed friendly environment. no pressure.

Interview Questions

• Past Experience, Skills, Availability, Education, Reference   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Bolingbrook, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

It was very relaxed. The questions were mostly about who I am as a person and where I stand with experience if I've had previous jobs. I applied in store and got an interview date same day. Came back and mostly had a fun conversation during my interview with the store manager. At the end of the interview, I did a quick evaluation on an iPad to show them what I'm like as a worker in the work field.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

You have to put together an outfit based off of items in the store... make sure you pick at least 3 things. 5 is probably best.
    Check for obvious things when you are working in a retail store, ie previous experience, cashier (though their register system is really easy), that you like and wear the clothes.
    They may give you a brief run down on the jeans and quiz you - back to school and denim is a big thing

Interview Questions

• Put together on outfit, previous sales experience, availability, check to make sure you're a "people" person/comfortable with sales   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Charlottesville, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied in person (American Eagle tends to prefer it this way in my opinion). Process took 1 day. Met the following day with the hiring manager who hired me on the spot. She even had me stay for a few hours (I got paid for them) to shadow current employees, get a feel for the layout of the store and store procedures, and learn basic things like how to fold certain clothing items.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any retail experience?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at American Eagle?   1 Answer
    • What kind of hours can you work?   1 Answer

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

We did a group interview with an assistant manager. We were asked questions altogether and then had one on one interviews. You'll be asked questions about how you view the brand as well as your personal style. Also expect typical retail questions like how to handle a difficult customer. It was very casual and relaxing as well as informative.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Bethesda, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

I was very nervous for my interview, but the hiring manager was supper friendly. He got to know me little first before interviewing me. It was a friend like conversation at first which eased my nerves. Then he began to ask me some retail related questions. After it was all done, I had to go back behind the register and take a personality test. All in all, it was better than what I expected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at American Eagle?   1 Answer