American Eagle Outfitters Part-Time Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Eagle Outfitters Part-Time Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2017

1.8

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Applied in store, received call from hiring manager the next week to come in with two forms of ID. Signed the forms, took a short quiz (with a given guide that basically has the answers), entered my information in the computer and will begin the following week.

No interview, very easy process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Tampa, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

It wasn't long. The questions were short, simple and direct to the point. The interview was 10-15 minutes long at most. I had already filled the form in store and the manager was already setting the interview schedule so she told me then when to meet and where. It was conducted in a relaxed friendly environment. no pressure.

Interview Questions

• Past Experience, Skills, Availability, Education, Reference   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Bolingbrook, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

It was very relaxed. The questions were mostly about who I am as a person and where I stand with experience if I've had previous jobs. I applied in store and got an interview date same day. Came back and mostly had a fun conversation during my interview with the store manager. At the end of the interview, I did a quick evaluation on an iPad to show them what I'm like as a worker in the work field.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

You have to put together an outfit based off of items in the store... make sure you pick at least 3 things. 5 is probably best.
    Check for obvious things when you are working in a retail store, ie previous experience, cashier (though their register system is really easy), that you like and wear the clothes.
    They may give you a brief run down on the jeans and quiz you - back to school and denim is a big thing

Interview Questions

• Put together on outfit, previous sales experience, availability, check to make sure you're a "people" person/comfortable with sales   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Charlottesville, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied in person (American Eagle tends to prefer it this way in my opinion). Process took 1 day. Met the following day with the hiring manager who hired me on the spot. She even had me stay for a few hours (I got paid for them) to shadow current employees, get a feel for the layout of the store and store procedures, and learn basic things like how to fold certain clothing items.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any retail experience?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at American Eagle?   1 Answer
    • What kind of hours can you work?   1 Answer

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

We did a group interview with an assistant manager. We were asked questions altogether and then had one on one interviews. You'll be asked questions about how you view the brand as well as your personal style. Also expect typical retail questions like how to handle a difficult customer. It was very casual and relaxing as well as informative.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Bethesda, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

I was very nervous for my interview, but the hiring manager was supper friendly. He got to know me little first before interviewing me. It was a friend like conversation at first which eased my nerves. Then he began to ask me some retail related questions. After it was all done, I had to go back behind the register and take a personality test. All in all, it was better than what I expected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at American Eagle?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houma, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Houma, LA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was easy and a good time. Manager talked about his experience in coming to the company. He didn't sugar coat any part of the job, so you know for the most part what you're getting into.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in November 2014.

Interview

I had asked for an application the day before the interview and when I came to turn it in they told me to bring it back the next day--so I did. When I turned it in my interviewer interviewed me right on the spot and right after the interview she offered me a job with them. The interview was fast, to the point, and comfortable--it also helped that my interviewer was incredibly friendly and welcoming.

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Lombard, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Relaxed, basic. Sat on the couch and felt comfortable talking to the manger. Basically asked why I want to work there. How I can help and if I can work overnight once a month. Great experience. I have orientation this week. Bad part was it took them a bit to get back to me after I turned application in.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your inspiration for your style?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None