American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.1

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, OH

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Aurora, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application online. A few days later I received an email to contact the store to set up an interview. I set up an interview with the store manager 2 days later. The interview was an hour long with the store manager. It was your basic interview questions. We talked a lot about the company and how American Eagle runs. Very informative. She told me she would get back to me either way in 2 days after she completed all interviews and discussed everything with her district manager. Never heard back from her. That is very poor business.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

They do group interviews in the location I applied, and is set up in fours. Dress casually and you must bring a copy of your resume. The questions were straight forward and also try to stand out in the group and talk more. Also when they ask if the group has any questions, ask anything. One good question to ask is how was their overall work experience in American Eagle.

Interview Questions

• How do you start a conversation with someone that is shy?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in August 2017.

Interview

Submitted my application online and got an email 2-2.5 weeks later requesting to schedule an interview. The job posting asked for a sales associate but they were only hiring seasonal. Came 10 minutes early, but the sales associate was unclear of where to direct me to and they were late with the appointment.

The manager directed me to a mall bench and started the 1 on 1 interview by introducing herself and the company. Asked basic questions from the paper, the manager seemed nice, gave input to my answers to create a relatable vibe. I appreciate the honesty when she mentioned that they do alot of cuts and that the sales were a little slow so I knew what I would get into.

I was later redirected back into the store where I had to fill out a survey on their site via iPad regarding personality.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Two part interview. Basic questions on phone and more of experience questions in person. Relaxed in store setting with a laid back manager. Pretty casual but dress in their style of clothing

Interview Questions

• When is a time you received great customer services and what made it great   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I turned in a physical application at the store and introduced myself to an assistant manager. An assistant manager asked if I would come in the next day (day after turning in physical application) for an interview in-person at the store. They used my application and series of set questions during my interview. Interview was straightforward. They were interested in my personality, style, and ability to sell.

Interview Questions

• Where do you feel like you would be the best fit for? Cashier, sales floor, or fitting rooms? American Eagle or Aerie (side-by-side stores only)?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Straightforward, was called in after applying online. Went in thinking it was a face to face interview and then found out it was a group interview. Not a fan since answers are piggy backed off and fine tuned If you spoke before someone else.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge you come across and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

It was super easy, went in and handed my resume and then I was called later that day for a interview, it was a group interview and we all introduced ourselves and then to say an interesting fact! after they pulled us out the room one by one and going to tell us if we got hired on the spot or they're going to move on or if you'll have to interview with another person. I got hired on the spot and started working the next week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a unruly customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Knoxville, TN) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and they contacted me by email about a week later and told me to call the store. I had an interview a week after that, and it was a pretty good experience. This was my first job interview, so I was really nervous. The interviewer was very laid back, so he made it easy and as it went on I became less nervous. Even though I did not get the job I am still glad I had the interview. It was a good first interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you describe yourself more as an introvert or extrovert?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Handed in application, interview was set up by phone. First interview with store manager and then interviewed with district manager. General customer service and company culture based questions. The interview took place in the middle of the mall so it was a bit distracting, be prepared. Still got the offer call a few days later.

Group Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by a Webcam interview. After reaching the last stage, I had a facility tour and two round panel interview. I was given a negotiable offer in the following weeks.