American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview and she asked us about 7 questions and we went around and each answered. I was surprised that the second round was the same day, but those of us who moved on had an interview with the managers. It was really fast and easy and they were all really nice.

Stock Lead Interview

Application

Interview

Applied on Indeed. Got a call a day later. Set up the interview a few days later. Had an interview with the AM because the SM was on a conference call. I had experience so it was basically telling me what I would be doing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I know retail doesn't make a lot unless you're on commission. I ask for what I made at my previous job and the SM accepted. I feel that 11.00 is definitely a fair starting wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Walked in one day asking if they were hiring and they gave me an application to fill out. I turned it in and she told me i can be interviewed couple days later. Interview was really easy and the manager was very nice. She only asked me like 2 questions and discussed my previous jobs and my results of my personality test.

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Brea, CA).

Interview

One sit down interview with assistant manage. Asked basic interview questions. We went outside of nordstroms and interviews on a bench. Super laid back. It took about 30 minutes. I had to wait for the girl giving me an interview to finish with customers before we went outside

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Was a relaxed group interview with three or four people. Simple questions, asking about your experience, scenarios, and your style, also information about the store and location. It was an average interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Went to a group interview that took place in their stock room in the basement. Very laid back, more of an effort to get to know you. Asked us a series of questions and than had us fill out an application. We were than pulled aside and told we should be expecting an email within the week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at American Eagle   Answer Question
    • If your former employer/teacher were here what would they say about you?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (McLean, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Met with 2 different store managers, and then with the district manager. Everyone was very kind and open about why they enjoy working for AEO and the benefits. All three interviews were held at the same mall, and each interviewer asked different questions. The interview was more getting to know you type of questions rather then "what if" scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current employer to come to American Eagle?   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Had a quick skype interview with a recruiter and was invited to their office a few days later for the final round interview. The interview involved a project and presenting it to ~20 people in a conference room. These people are in various functions across the department so be careful when presenting your project with your group that you do not say anything that could offend anyone (i.e. the design of something). They watch you the entire time and I truly believe I didn't get it because the other people in my group were so eager and overshadowed me when we were coming up with our project. Just try and standout as much as you can and have good presentation skills.

Interview Questions

• Who are competitors that are doing better in this industry?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Chesapeake, VA).

Interview

I made the mistake of coming in on a Saturday.. Don't do that!! Come in at a quiet time such as a weekday or morning. However, I did save myself by including a resume. I would suggest turning in a resume even if you have little to no previous experience. It might seem silly but it sets you apart. The manager brushed me off until I mentioned my resume, I was then interviewed on the spot and hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was super easy. I went in for an interview and was hired on the spot. They had paper applications so I was able to go in the store and fill out the app without waiting for call backs and emails. I really loved working for the company

Interview Questions

• What makes you the perfect candidate for his position? (The only question they asked me)   Answer Question