American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.1

Merch Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Wilmington, DE) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was so easy and simple. The manager made me feel at ease as the interview went on and we got along greatly! There was no sweat or stress to the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Have you been in a situation where you felt uncomfortable but knew that a decision had to be made?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Evansville, IN) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was a quick phone call just telling what time to be there and there was no training either. I would recommend this really only as a seasonal job.

Anonymous Employee in Rocky Mount, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Rocky Mount, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was super easy and very chill since mine was schedule 30 minutes before I showed up. I tried to act calm and speak to the hiring manager in detail but not too much. Show how energetic you are , not too much, to show that you have good customer service.

Shift Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Really friendly, I met with the Assistant Manager who went through a list of interview questions and seemed genuinely interested in me. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. Then I took a computerized personality test

Interview Questions

• Describe one scenario where you experienced extremely poor customer service, what was your reaction and what would you do to change that?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I had to apply to several different American Eagle stores a few different times because I was never applying at good times, but I finally got a call and it ended up being a really simple process.

Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Applied for a sales lead position, received a call and met with the manager. Casual interview with the manager who played up benefits of the company, but I should have realized she was the problem with turnover. Was instead offered a manager-in-training position.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

They constantly told me to apply every time I walked into the store. I applied twice, once for seasonal and the second was for a part-time position. I checked on my application and they constantly gave me the runaround. I never got called in for an interview either. Hopefully your experience is different.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

After submitting a resume online, I was called in for a brief interview. I just basically talked to the manager for a little then she asked some seemingly routine questions.

Anonymous Employee in Birch Run, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Birch Run, MI).

Interview

We interviewed offsite. I actually was hired along with someone else. I feel like all you have to do to get hired is seem slightly professional and preppy. We showed up to the information center, answered a few simple questions and went on our way.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Miami, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Very easy, laid back, we went to a cafe a few stores down and sat down and had a chat. The interview was 4 other people and me. I was referred to this position by the store manager, so it was fairly easy to acquire a position at the store.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have?   1 Answer