American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2016.

Interview

It was an average interview I guess. I applied online the process took 4 days. I went in and filled out a personality survey and was interviewed. We talked about the latest fashion, who's fashion inspires me the most. It was a very chill and laid back experience. Make sure you be yourself. Haven't heard back yet.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

The first interview was very simple, I walked in Sunday. Asked for an application, filled it out then went back into the store. The manager then took me over to an open register, looked over my application, and asked a few questions on how would I apply myself if I worked holidays with how it gets stressful. I told her at first I would be nervous and scared, but once I get a grip on what im doing Ill have no problem. She then asked me how my former job related to American Eagle, and I told her I can help teach other employees if they don't understand something, and learn from other employees. The manager I talked to was very sweet and nice. She made my experience at the interview, to really WANT this job. Keep eye contact, and be outgoing, don't be shy. Think about the questions they will ask you and try to not give basic answers.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with trends and fasion   1 Answer

Negotiation

Whether or not I would step up to the plate and be a very outgoing person. I had to show and tell her I would be more comfortable once I get a grip on the concept.

Merchant Teammate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2016.

Interview

Had to take an online retail math test. Then had to video record myself answering about 6 questions. Then I was invited to skype interview with an assistant buyer. The skype interview lasted about 40 mins. I was also asked to complete this buying report, but what then never asked about it..

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Jackson, MS) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very frustrating. After the initial phone screening with the district manager, i recieved a email to move forward with the OAD exam. Recieved results within 24 hours.. didnt hear back for two weeks, finaly got a email to come in for a 1:1 interview with a nearby store manager, very laid back questions. Just getting to know you questions, nothing business related what so ever. Had three more 1:1 interviews within the next two months following the first in person interview. 6 total .... Waste of payroll in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan out your week? How do you forcast business? Schedules ect.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

This was an on-campus interview in the day following an internship/full-time recruitment fair. I interviewed for the position of Information Technology Intern. This was a first-round interview so the questions were largely behavioral; that is, the questions were not focused on my technological qualifications, but were instead focused on subjects pertaining to general interpersonal/leadership skills and personal qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to do something of questionable morality.   Answer Question

Sale Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview 1:1 and consisted of multiple retail questions. It was a straight forward and a lot of it was common sense if you have a strong background with retail service.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about customer service and how it drives sales?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

The first interview is a group interview where they ask you questions about yourself, etc. Then you have an individual interview where you are asked to fill out paper work and watch a video about employment and make your schedule.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Two to three weeks after, got an email asking me to come in for a hiring event. Went in with a group and they asked us really basic questions.

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (White Plains, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email a couple of days later asking me to come in for "a hiring event" between 12-3pm. Went in, filled out another application, filled out a personality survey. The manager matched my responses to the survey to their metrics and she said that based on the survey I was a good fit. Was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty much easy. The head manager was super friendly, made me feel extremely comfortable. He sensed i was nervous but didnt let that get in the way of hiring me. I had to wait online because it was a hiring event , i was one out of the 5 (not sure) people to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why did i choose to wear what im wearing today? (what i was wearing to that interview)   Answer Question