American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2018

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online. About three weeks later, I got an email saying to call to set up an interview. I called and had an interview the next day. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you saw good customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

It was great!interview experience can convince a talented person to join your team but a negative experience can tarnish your company's reputation. In this guide, recruiters, hiring managers and interviewers will learn what it takes to provide candidates with the best possible interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2017.

Interview

Moved extremely quick because they are in need to fill the role. Was offered the position the day after the interview. One phone interview, then in person interview with boss, team member, and HR.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview and she made me feel very comfortable and at home. She was very laid back and didn't really hound us; she let us answer the questions at our own pace.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to speak in front of a large group, how did your peers react, and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2017.

Interview

I applied about a month ago online and received an email requesting that I call and schedule an interview. The interview was set up for the following week and that was that. When I arrived at the store, they had a spot for interviewees to wait, which meant it was a group interview. After waiting a few minutes, an assistant manager led me and 4 other girls to the food court for the interview. She asked us to go introduce ourselves and and the interview was easy. It's good to answer first and make sure you pay attention to the other people in your groups answers but don't copy them. After the interview she asked us if we had any questions(always ask a question) and talked about the company. We were told that she'd be making her decision that evening and we'd receive an email either that day or the next. I received an email today(the day after the interview) offering me a position.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Cary, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

You put the application in online and if they are interested they will email you with directions to call the store and set up a time to come in and do 1:1 interview.

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Lancaster, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I walked in to ask if they were hiring and they hired me on the spot without an interview. That should've been a sign for me to run out the door right then 😂

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview went really well. Although it was a waste of time because I wasn't offered the job because I wasn't available enough days out of the week. I wish they would've explained that to me before spending nearly 2 hours at the interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice. He asked easy questions and was very helpful. Asked if I was willing to promote the rewards program. It was pretty casual and held in the food court of the cafeteria.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

The interview process was a screening phone call in addition to a casual group interview with other candidates, very low pressure and in a food court. The interview took about 45 minutes tops.

Interview Questions

• The usual - any retail/ customer service experiences; hypothetical service situations; past work and skills.   Answer Question