American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview went really well. Although it was a waste of time because I wasn't offered the job because I wasn't available enough days out of the week. I wish they would've explained that to me before spending nearly 2 hours at the interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice. He asked easy questions and was very helpful. Asked if I was willing to promote the rewards program. It was pretty casual and held in the food court of the cafeteria.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, OH

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Aurora, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application online. A few days later I received an email to contact the store to set up an interview. I set up an interview with the store manager 2 days later. The interview was an hour long with the store manager. It was your basic interview questions. We talked a lot about the company and how American Eagle runs. Very informative. She told me she would get back to me either way in 2 days after she completed all interviews and discussed everything with her district manager. Never heard back from her. That is very poor business.

Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in August 2017.

Interview

I was a nervous wreck but the manager made me feel super comfortable and was very open about herself and the company. District manager was there as well but I interviewed with only the manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer
    • What were your duties at your last job?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest strength? Merchandising? Sales?   1 Answer
    • What's your weakness?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Visalia, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple, apply online, follow up with in person resume and contact with management. Scheduled an interview, took a personality test, interviewed with the district manager. Overall it was a very pleasant process, even though i didnt get the job lol

Anonymous Employee in Cabazon, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Cabazon, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was very chill and easy! The person who interviewed me was super nice and made me feel comfortable during the process! She made me feel like I belonged there!

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied and within an hour I got a call from the store to set up an interview. The interview is overall easy and very outgoing, my interview lasted approximately 8 minutes. The interview questions aren't that difficult, they're usually the same for everyone who I've talked with. They just want to know how much you desire working for them and not hire someone uninterested. You aren' t forced to wear their brand, just something that doesn't show another stores logo.

Interview Questions

• Tell me time you had a difficult customer and how did you managed it?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Handed in application, interview was set up by phone. First interview with store manager and then interviewed with district manager. General customer service and company culture based questions. The interview took place in the middle of the mall so it was a bit distracting, be prepared. Still got the offer call a few days later.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Submitted by application online and got a call back 2 weeks later. Interviewer was nice, answered some average questions and did a personality quiz. Got a call back 5 days later and they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What was the last item of clothing you bought and why did you buy it   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by a Webcam interview. After reaching the last stage, I had a facility tour and two round panel interview. I was given a negotiable offer in the following weeks.