American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

2.7

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the next day to schedule an interview. Walked into the store and talked with the manager. There were 2 other applicants since it was a group interview. Employees were nice and the interview only took about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Go select and outfit and try to sell it to me.   1 Answer

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Had a quick skype interview with a recruiter and was invited to their office a few days later for the final round interview. The interview involved a project and presenting it to ~20 people in a conference room. These people are in various functions across the department so be careful when presenting your project with your group that you do not say anything that could offend anyone (i.e. the design of something). They watch you the entire time and I truly believe I didn't get it because the other people in my group were so eager and overshadowed me when we were coming up with our project. Just try and standout as much as you can and have good presentation skills.

Interview Questions

• Who are competitors that are doing better in this industry?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I was given a challenge to work on after the initial interview but the interviewers for the second interview didn't even know that I was given a challenge. And they never got back to me.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

I walked into the store I wanted to work in and filled out an application. Luckily I was able to interview the same day since one of the managers had some free time. The interview was pretty quick, easy and laid back. The whole process took less than an hour and I was hired on the spot and given my start date.

Interview Questions

• Pick out an outfit for me for a concert I'm going to this weekend.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online for an IT Internship. Did an 8-question video interview via webcam. Was called in the next day for an in-person interview where 3 different people talked to me for 30mins each. Overall a very easy interview experience for a first-timer

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to overcome a challenge in a group   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

There was no interview other than going to my staffing agency. I was told this job would be very boring and tedious. It was much more than that, one of the worst jobs I've ever had.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

There were two interviews and then I was invited to the HQ for the final round of interviews. The recruiters were not very efficient and took a while to respond, also they never update their website with new/old internships. they said we would all hear back with a phone call the following day but it took them a week.

Customer Service Representative Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was a series of meetings with HR department, the CS department director, and the Lead Analyst of the Direct Operations team. Each meeting was approximately 30 minutes and each interviewer had their own questions to ask. Interviews were very informal, and were all 1 on 1 with the exception of one meeting. Based on the interview, I felt a good impression that I had a chance to earn this position. Also based on what I have been told, AEO's HR department works very slowly with new hires.

Interview Questions

• If you could redo college and schooling, what would you do differently/keep the same   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Employers are very nice. They talked with me about my education experience and projects listing on the resume. It is not difficulty interview. i just need to explain details about projects and answer some behavior questions. Enjoy it.

Inventory Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

This interview involved a day long process with two 45 minute interviews. There was a group activity and presentation as well. There were about 20+ college level students seeking full-time employment after graduation. But there were also internship candidates for that similar position.