American Eagle Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.0

521 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I felt extremely comfortable in my interview. The lady I had interviewed with was very friendly and had asked the typical American Eagle interview questions. I had left feeling confident and not worried, mainly because she had made sure I was comfortable and not nervous during the process.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to deal with a frustrated customer and how did you manage the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

It was great!interview experience can convince a talented person to join your team but a negative experience can tarnish your company's reputation. In this guide, recruiters, hiring managers and interviewers will learn what it takes to provide candidates with the best possible interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

A tedious application at the store, long wait for interview callback, and group interview with 5 other candidates lead by the store manager and other sales associates. Weeks before called I was called again. Did not return the call

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online. About three weeks later, I got an email saying to call to set up an interview. I called and had an interview the next day. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you saw good customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online, the next hour I was called to set an interview. The interview was pretty easy, lasted 8 minutes. The manager was super sweet, it was a simple talk.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any difficult customer? If so, how did you manage?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cabazon, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Cabazon, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was very chill and easy! The person who interviewed me was super nice and made me feel comfortable during the process! She made me feel like I belonged there!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Submitted by application online and got a call back 2 weeks later. Interviewer was nice, answered some average questions and did a personality quiz. Got a call back 5 days later and they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What was the last item of clothing you bought and why did you buy it   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

They are still on paper applications so I went in and asked if they were hiring. They said yes and handed me an application. I filled it out right away and the manager had some down time so she just interviewed me then and there. It was pretty quick since I already had retail experience and I showed a couple days later for training.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Sarasota, FL).

Interview

Went in with an interview with the Store Manager after applying online. I got an offer the same day of the interview and was able to do a speedy completion of almost all paperwork online. Proud of the speedy and friendly process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the next day to schedule an interview. Walked into the store and talked with the manager. There were 2 other applicants since it was a group interview. Employees were nice and the interview only took about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Go select and outfit and try to sell it to me.   1 Answer