American Eagle Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 14, 2018

2.0

561 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I applied in store and was asked why I wanted to work at AE. Then one of the managers set up an interview time for the following week. She made me feel very comfortable and asked me about some of my skills and experience with retail.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Phila, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

They had put outfits together for men and women and I was asked me more questions.thwy sad I would get a call back in a week that as a lie no call back at all.

Interview Questions

• They asked me have been in Sales person before I have been and other.....   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Brownsville, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed in a group of five people. The manager and her assistant were very friendly, telling us about the store and what to expect if we were hired. She asked a series of questions to each of us at the same time, and we each responded separately. The whole process took a little over an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why American Eagle? Out of all the other options, why did you choose us?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any retail experience?   1 Answer
    • Sell me this piece of clothing.   1 Answer
    • Why should I hire you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and it took a while to get a call back for an interview. I had a one on one interview and was told to dress in casual trendy attire. The interview was very easy going and friendly. Most of the questions revolved around, tell me about your experience, a little about yourself, stressful situations, or what would you do in these types of situations.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are some clothing trends now?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Edinburgh, IN) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was casual and to the point. I walked into the store and told the first employee I saw that I was there for an interview and she grabbed my application from the back and took me to a jean folding table where we introduced ourselves and went over my application. After going over everything and asking a few questions she told me I had the job and that I'd receive an e-mail with an offer and when my orientation would be.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why American Eagle?   1 Answer
    • Q: Will you be able to work this holiday season, specifically Black Friday?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Evansville, IN) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was a quick phone call just telling what time to be there and there was no training either. I would recommend this really only as a seasonal job.

Anonymous Employee in Rocky Mount, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Rocky Mount, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was super easy and very chill since mine was schedule 30 minutes before I showed up. I tried to act calm and speak to the hiring manager in detail but not too much. Show how energetic you are , not too much, to show that you have good customer service.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I had to apply to several different American Eagle stores a few different times because I was never applying at good times, but I finally got a call and it ended up being a really simple process.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

They constantly told me to apply every time I walked into the store. I applied twice, once for seasonal and the second was for a part-time position. I checked on my application and they constantly gave me the runaround. I never got called in for an interview either. Hopefully your experience is different.

Anonymous Employee in Birch Run, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Birch Run, MI).

Interview

We interviewed offsite. I actually was hired along with someone else. I feel like all you have to do to get hired is seem slightly professional and preppy. We showed up to the information center, answered a few simple questions and went on our way.