American Eagle Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.0

550 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I applied in store and was asked why I wanted to work at AE. Then one of the managers set up an interview time for the following week. She made me feel very comfortable and asked me about some of my skills and experience with retail.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and it took a while to get a call back for an interview. I had a one on one interview and was told to dress in casual trendy attire. The interview was very easy going and friendly. Most of the questions revolved around, tell me about your experience, a little about yourself, stressful situations, or what would you do in these types of situations.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are some clothing trends now?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Edinburgh, IN) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was casual and to the point. I walked into the store and told the first employee I saw that I was there for an interview and she grabbed my application from the back and took me to a jean folding table where we introduced ourselves and went over my application. After going over everything and asking a few questions she told me I had the job and that I'd receive an e-mail with an offer and when my orientation would be.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why American Eagle?   1 Answer
    • Q: Will you be able to work this holiday season, specifically Black Friday?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I had to apply to several different American Eagle stores a few different times because I was never applying at good times, but I finally got a call and it ended up being a really simple process.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

They constantly told me to apply every time I walked into the store. I applied twice, once for seasonal and the second was for a part-time position. I checked on my application and they constantly gave me the runaround. I never got called in for an interview either. Hopefully your experience is different.

Anonymous Employee in Birch Run, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Birch Run, MI).

Interview

We interviewed offsite. I actually was hired along with someone else. I feel like all you have to do to get hired is seem slightly professional and preppy. We showed up to the information center, answered a few simple questions and went on our way.

Anonymous Employee in Post Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Post Falls, ID) in October 2017.

Interview

my Interview was fast and professional. Assistant manager and the store manager both interviewed me and ask various questions and were very informative. I got a call with a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experienced an upset customer and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Visalia, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The manager was really nice, and the interview was easy. But I applied as a part time sales associate, yet was hired seasonal. Which I don’t understand and am going to ask in orientation. But overall I am very excited!

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

We sat outside the store on a bench one sunny morning. Talked for about 15 minutes or so, was a very enjoyable interview. I was offered a job right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AE?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

The process was pretty simple. It was quick, and painless. I was asked a few simple questions that were not hard to answer. If you have ever worked with people or in retail it is a definite bonus.