American Eagle Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Eagle Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

It was a rather quick process. It was a group interview of 4 other people. The lady who interviewed us was nice. To get an offer make sure you speak since you are in a group interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Anonymous Employee in Destin, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Destin, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I walked into the store to ask if they were hiring and grab an application. Brought the application back the next day and after briefly looking it over they told me to come back the following day for an interview. Went in for the interview and it was extremely casual; a 5-10 minute conversation with the store manager by the registers while someone who was training to be a manager observed. They asked me to tell them about myself, why I want to work there, what I hope to get out of the experience, etc. Very basic questions. Was told I would receive a call that night informing me of their decision but I didn't get one for 2 days. However, I ended up being hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on their website which a lot of people don't know is a possibility, but they responded to my application the next day asking me to call and schedule an interview. When I got to my interview, the manager took me out of the store to a small sitting area in the mall to have a one on one interview. It lasted about 30 minutes and it was mostly about fashion and of course customer service. At the end of the interview he gave me an offer and I officially accepted it online later on.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in May 2017.

Interview

The manager on duty was very laid back and seemed like a chill person. She took me back to the back room and didn't ask many questions. She said that she was hiring early for the busy season.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in April 2017.

Interview

Group interview with about ten others. I was the first to speak for many questions and the other candidates basically repeated everything I said for questions I answered. The hiring manager seemed to like me. She collected our resumes and asked 6 questions. Then she told us all to fill out applications. Before I was done she picked me and another girl, took us 3 feet away and told us the next step of the application process would be to get an email from one of three hiring managers after they looked at our availability. We said okay and she sent us on our ways. The next day they sent me an email saying "we have offered the position to a candidate who best fits the specific needs of the position". At least they responded back quickly lol

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Applied online then 1 month later got a call to schedule an interview. After the interview got offered the job immediately. The interview was one on one. Met with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (King of Prussia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a few days later. set up interview. Got interviewed by hiring manager which was easy and chill. Then I got a second interview with the actual manager.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview and she asked us about 7 questions and we went around and each answered. I was surprised that the second round was the same day, but those of us who moved on had an interview with the managers. It was really fast and easy and they were all really nice.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Walked in one day asking if they were hiring and they gave me an application to fill out. I turned it in and she told me i can be interviewed couple days later. Interview was really easy and the manager was very nice. She only asked me like 2 questions and discussed my previous jobs and my results of my personality test.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Was a relaxed group interview with three or four people. Simple questions, asking about your experience, scenarios, and your style, also information about the store and location. It was an average interview.