American Eagle Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.0

504 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I felt extremely comfortable in my interview. The lady I had interviewed with was very friendly and had asked the typical American Eagle interview questions. I had left feeling confident and not worried, mainly because she had made sure I was comfortable and not nervous during the process.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to deal with a frustrated customer and how did you manage the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

They are still on paper applications so I went in and asked if they were hiring. They said yes and handed me an application. I filled it out right away and the manager had some down time so she just interviewed me then and there. It was pretty quick since I already had retail experience and I showed a couple days later for training.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Sarasota, FL).

Interview

Went in with an interview with the Store Manager after applying online. I got an offer the same day of the interview and was able to do a speedy completion of almost all paperwork online. Proud of the speedy and friendly process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the next day to schedule an interview. Walked into the store and talked with the manager. There were 2 other applicants since it was a group interview. Employees were nice and the interview only took about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Go select and outfit and try to sell it to me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Houston, TX).

Interview

I walked in and took this personality type test on their computers at the counter then had to go pick out and outfit to "sell" to them which wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be then we went outside and she asked me standard interview questions then I got an email the next day saying I got the job. The only weird thing was, was that they had back to back interviews so you saw who they were interviewing and while I was waiting I was just standing awkwardly near them wondering if we were "fighting: for the same job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for American Eagle?   Answer Question
    • What are 2 positive things about yourself and 2 things you could improve on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job online and about 1-1.5 weeks later I got a phone call asking me when I could come in for a group interview. The interview was with two of the staff and six other prospective sales associates and it was in the back of the stock room. Overall, it was pretty casual and relaxed, they just gave us a brief presentation on the position we were applying for and asked us a series of questions for which we had to raise our hands to respond to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

Group interview, I actually made an effort in providing thought out detailed answers but I guess people who don't talk at all or try to engage shine the most. i had a phone interview first and had to choose a day to come in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Tampa, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

It seemed to go very well, I had a very easy going interview. I was being myself, every little thing I said was written down. I thought it was a good interview, I didn't get a call back. It's hard to know what they are looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (White Plains, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I wish I could give this store a better review, I love American Eagle as a brand and have had great luck finding exactly what I need. I applied for a job here and unfortunately, my time was wasted. The managers did not thoroughly read through my application and my interview was only 3 minutes long because I wasn't available when they needed me. This would be understandable, however, the online application asks you check off boxes when you are available to work. Since I work a 9-5 job, I selected only evening/closing shifts during the week and availability at all times on weekends. Upon arriving to my in-person interview, I was asked when I would be available to work and I relayed the shifts I had submitted on my application. After hearing my availability, I was thanked for my time and dismissed because they were looking for someone who had open availability. If the hiring managers had read my application or even asked me over the phone when I was scheduling my interview to confirm my when I would be available, time could have been saved for all parties and $3 would not have gone to the Westchester Mall parking for a 3 minute interview. I'm sad to say that this American Eagle has not lived up to its expectations all because of poor communication and management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Maumee, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

It was very casual. The manager was very upbeat and friendly. She took me into a back room in the store and asked me a few questions, it was more like a conversation than an interview. She was very easy to talk to and made it seem like working at AE would be really fun. She told me that I would hear back from them by 5 pm on Friday, and it is now Saturday so I'm assuming that I did not get the position.