American Eagle Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Eagle Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Was a relaxed group interview with three or four people. Simple questions, asking about your experience, scenarios, and your style, also information about the store and location. It was an average interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was super easy. I went in for an interview and was hired on the spot. They had paper applications so I was able to go in the store and fill out the app without waiting for call backs and emails. I really loved working for the company

Interview Questions

• What makes you the perfect candidate for his position? (The only question they asked me)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in for a group interview that was for multiple stores in the area. The Questions were mostly about customer service. Everyone had the chance to speak at least one. hiring manager said that they were looking for people with at minimum 4 days of availability and one over night ability. being a student i did not meet the overnight requirement and was not called back

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed setting. I wore american eagle jeans and a cute top from another store. The manager just took me aside and ask me a few questions about 4 or 5 days after I submitted my application.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Fill out app, asked about how you learn about latest trends, how flexible are your hours, are you willing to work overnights for floorset, take a quiz on personality. Once hired you go through orientation and usually start out in the fitting rooms or room one as a greeter. You might not get many hours at first, but if you make it known that you want to learn how to cashier you will get hours. They typically have one person on the floor during the week and they need a cashier (so that's where you'll get hours).

Interview Questions

• How do you learn about the latest trends?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online got an email couple days later to call to schedule for an interview and had the interview the following week. They basically told me on the spot that they will probably move forward with me. Wear something casual and comfortable but no to causal like jeans.

Anonymous Employee in Limerick, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Limerick, PA).

Interview

They talk to you and get a biased feel for you while the other manager and associates talk the manager interviewing you over the headset about you. Basically they are looking for a attractive person that can do menial work hour after hour and take some verbal beatings here and there. After that they have you make them an outfit in five minutes, and then fill out a lot of paperwork in the back at a very slow compute. If they don't tell you that you got the job at the interview-you did not get the job, they will not call you back to see

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in East Elmhurst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (East Elmhurst, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied to American Eagle in November 2016 and got a call the next day. The interview was easy. They ask about you and your future goals and why you chose American Eagle. I got hired on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2016.

Interview

It was an average interview I guess. I applied online the process took 4 days. I went in and filled out a personality survey and was interviewed. We talked about the latest fashion, who's fashion inspires me the most. It was a very chill and laid back experience. Make sure you be yourself. Haven't heard back yet.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

The first interview was very simple, I walked in Sunday. Asked for an application, filled it out then went back into the store. The manager then took me over to an open register, looked over my application, and asked a few questions on how would I apply myself if I worked holidays with how it gets stressful. I told her at first I would be nervous and scared, but once I get a grip on what im doing Ill have no problem. She then asked me how my former job related to American Eagle, and I told her I can help teach other employees if they don't understand something, and learn from other employees. The manager I talked to was very sweet and nice. She made my experience at the interview, to really WANT this job. Keep eye contact, and be outgoing, don't be shy. Think about the questions they will ask you and try to not give basic answers.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with trends and fasion   1 Answer

Negotiation

Whether or not I would step up to the plate and be a very outgoing person. I had to show and tell her I would be more comfortable once I get a grip on the concept.