American Eagle Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 21, 2017

2.0

534 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

They constantly told me to apply every time I walked into the store. I applied twice, once for seasonal and the second was for a part-time position. I checked on my application and they constantly gave me the runaround. I never got called in for an interview either. Hopefully your experience is different.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Anonymous Employee in Birch Run, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Birch Run, MI).

Interview

We interviewed offsite. I actually was hired along with someone else. I feel like all you have to do to get hired is seem slightly professional and preppy. We showed up to the information center, answered a few simple questions and went on our way.

Anonymous Employee in Post Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Post Falls, ID) in October 2017.

Interview

my Interview was fast and professional. Assistant manager and the store manager both interviewed me and ask various questions and were very informative. I got a call with a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experienced an upset customer and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

The process was pretty simple. It was quick, and painless. I was asked a few simple questions that were not hard to answer. If you have ever worked with people or in retail it is a definite bonus.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I felt extremely comfortable in my interview. The lady I had interviewed with was very friendly and had asked the typical American Eagle interview questions. I had left feeling confident and not worried, mainly because she had made sure I was comfortable and not nervous during the process.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to deal with a frustrated customer and how did you manage the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

It was great!interview experience can convince a talented person to join your team but a negative experience can tarnish your company's reputation. In this guide, recruiters, hiring managers and interviewers will learn what it takes to provide candidates with the best possible interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online. About three weeks later, I got an email saying to call to set up an interview. I called and had an interview the next day. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you saw good customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2017.

Interview

I applied about a month ago online and received an email requesting that I call and schedule an interview. The interview was set up for the following week and that was that. When I arrived at the store, they had a spot for interviewees to wait, which meant it was a group interview. After waiting a few minutes, an assistant manager led me and 4 other girls to the food court for the interview. She asked us to go introduce ourselves and and the interview was easy. It's good to answer first and make sure you pay attention to the other people in your groups answers but don't copy them. After the interview she asked us if we had any questions(always ask a question) and talked about the company. We were told that she'd be making her decision that evening and we'd receive an email either that day or the next. I received an email today(the day after the interview) offering me a position.

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Lancaster, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I walked in to ask if they were hiring and they hired me on the spot without an interview. That should've been a sign for me to run out the door right then 😂

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview went really well. Although it was a waste of time because I wasn't offered the job because I wasn't available enough days out of the week. I wish they would've explained that to me before spending nearly 2 hours at the interview.