American Eagle Outfitters Seasonal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Eagle Outfitters Seasonal Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Seasonal Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2009.

Interview

I am a minor (16) and I applied for a seasonal position at American Eagle. I filled out and submitted and application; the hiring manager called me back two days later. She offered me an interview. When I went into the store there were several other people there for a group interview. We walked down to the food court and began the interview. It was very generic. Simple "What would you do in this situation" questions. The hiring manager asked me to sell her a pen. I thought that was funny. She told us if she was interested, she would call us back within 14 days. She called me back nearly two weeks later and offered me a position. I declined it, as I had already accepted a position at another retailer.

Interview Questions

• What was a conflict between your friends that you helped solve? How?   1 Answer

The hiring manager didn't make much of an impression on me. She seemed rude and indifferent, like she hated her job. She made me feel like I would be miserable if I worked at American Eagle. Also, American Eagle employees tend to be quite rude at the store in my mall. I was offered a position at another retailer; I accepted their offer because it seemed like a friendlier work environment.