American Eagle Outfitters Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Eagle Outfitters Store Manager Interview Questions

2.3

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Jackson, MS) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very frustrating. After the initial phone screening with the district manager, i recieved a email to move forward with the OAD exam. Recieved results within 24 hours.. didnt hear back for two weeks, finaly got a email to come in for a 1:1 interview with a nearby store manager, very laid back questions. Just getting to know you questions, nothing business related what so ever. Had three more 1:1 interviews within the next two months following the first in person interview. 6 total .... Waste of payroll in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan out your week? How do you forcast business? Schedules ect.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Meet with the DM and talk about previous work. They like to hear about your personal progress as an individual and where you see yourself going in the future. They will also have you take an OAD

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2013.

Interview

Applied on craigslist. Had a short interview with DM. That day had a call for a second interview a few days later started the following Monday.

Negotiation

I got what I asked for they told me it was more than usual. Go to find out was paid a kot less than usual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Kansas City, MO) in August 2013.

Interview

Be prepared to have several interviews. Ask why the previous manager left and what was there successes and opportunities. They will ask scenario questions. Be prepared to be analyzed and questioned on all your decision making and time management. They want superman so give it your best shot.

Interview Questions

• Being asked to explain each answer and then waiting to know why I would make that decision. On every scenario it was the same thing.   1 Answer

I don't want to work for someone that after I answered a question I'm ask to explain each answer. They weren't interested in me just my ability to do a job. Tells me there not much into there people.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Woodbridge, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a very casual interview, but they are not really willing to hire store managers externally. They offered to bring me on as an assistant and train to possibly be promoted. Not really a reliable situation.

Interview Questions

• What did your recruiting process look like?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Usually interview with the District Manager (very vague questions) and the Regional Manager (much more focused on how you react to visits, speak to visits, and react to the pressure of visits). Will question your prior visual background and business acumen skills. Overall the interview is more about how you react to the questions, then the answers themselves.

Interview Questions

• When you had your last Corporate Visit, how would you say your Regional Manager reacted to the visit? Was it positive or negative, and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They always try to start around 40,000 but an experienced person can garner an additional 10,000-20,000 without much problem.

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (San Mateo, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Asks personal questions:
    Why do you want to work here?
    Where have you worked before?
    Is there anything i should know about you?
    How would you approach a customer?
    Do you go to school? or have other activities?

Interview Questions

• How would you/why would you be a great addition to our staff?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in August 2009.

Interview

Was approached by a former boss and initial communication was engaging, dealing with the paperwork process was rather tedious and disorganized and a bit slow.

Interview Questions

• What would be my top priorities to drive comp sales   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got a fair deal but no opportunity to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2009.

Interview

Was internally promoted. Still believe I was hired on the people I knew and impressed rather than accomplishments, education, or prior experience. Was promised salary, advancement opportunity, and bonuses that never came true. Interviewer lied about leadership style and what day to day life would consist of.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal, which would you be and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was accepted. Take it or leave it scenario

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Seattle, WA) in March 2009.

Interview

Applied online, had initial phone interview with recruiter. They asked typical "get-to-know-you" questions. Then had a series of personality/skills tests. Had a 1:1 interview with District Manager. Offered job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, always negotiate.....there is always room! It is easier to ask for it now than later!