American Express Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Express Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

The process took forever! I applied online on early December in additional to an internal referral. I got a quick reply from the HR/Recruiter (with AMEX use an external agency), the recruiter did a quick 10-min interview about my background and the basic info. A week later, I got another call from a different recruiter, asked me the same basic questions. A week later, got a phone interview scheduled with the hiring manager. No status or anything after the phone interview. Totally thought I bombed it. With the holidays, I gave it a couple weeks before hearing back. Never heard back, i followed up with the recruiter, was told the hiring leader is on PTO, waiting for her to return. Two weeks went by, nothing. Then another two weeks went by, finally got an email from ANOTHER recruiter (third recruiter), asking my availability for 2.5 hours in-person interview in the NYC office. Told her my availability, never hear back, had to follow up again. Finally got the interviews scheduled, traveled all the way to NYC (WITH NO REIMBURSEMENT OF TRAVEL). Thought the interviews went okay, mostly behavior questions, people were nice to talk with.

A week went by, didn't hear anything. I got an offer from another company, but i wanted this position because it sounds interesting based on the description. Followed up with the hiring leader, NO REPLY. Followed up with one other person. NO REPLY. Finally days later, I got a message from AMEX saying "Your application has been cancelled, and your position will not be filled at this time."

Please work on the communication! I wasted more than TWO months on this one position, working with three HR people, went through 2.5HR interviews, had the most patience and positivity, BUT GOT A HUGE RUDE REJECTION EMAIL IN RETURN. It seems they didn't want to hire anyone in the first place, should have communicated to me and not wasted my time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the Amex website and received a call a week later by a general recruiter. She didn't know much about the job but was verifying graduation, previous employment, accomplishments and strengths/weaknesses. The next week I went in for an in person interview with a Director and Senior Manager. The following week I spoke with a VP and the received an offer the week after.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Why are you leaving your current job?
      What are your weaknesses?
      What can you bring to the team?
      Have you dealt with large amounts of data?
      Do you have experience multitasking?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for an interview. Recruiter screening was an hour long interview. A couple of weeks after was contacted for a follow-up interview with the hiring manager. That was another hour long interview - went through my qualifications, the role responsibilities, and then behavioral interview questions

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager reviewed the role; went through my qualifications and then asked 4 behavioral questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Although the hiring process is long, I did not feel it unusual or excessive.

I interviewed in person twice, making it clear that American Express was my first choice. For the first opportunity I got no acknolewgement of my thank you letters and no response or updatefrom anyone. I figured it was an isolatrd incident.

The second interview came and went and after great communication up to the second in-person interview I once again did not receive acknowledgement or update on their decision.

The sad part of the story was when I received an email to complete a survey of my experience three weeks after the interview. I did not receive a generic rejection later a month after.

Needless to say it was demoralizing and downright unprofessional. I have no intention of ever applying to this (my first choice for years) company again.

Interview Questions

• What would your boss say about you? Coworkers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Had the recruiter for the role reach out to to me after a month. They quickly asked for a short 15-20 minute interview and asked general questions, make sure you have a reasonable salary expectation for the role you are applying for. Then met with three members of the team, Manager, Director and then the Vice President.

Interview Questions

• Why this role?
      What Excel functions do you use?
      What role would you be interested after role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email to chat with the HR person on the phone. He asked a few typical interview questions as pre-screen. Then came in to the office and met with 4 different people on the team I would join.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had convince/influence a group of people, of which some were your superiors.   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

i applied online, then they emailed me, then i had a phone conversation with an hr contact, then an phone interview with the hiring manager. the final step was to meet in person with the hiring manager. overall the process was easy and enjoyable.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Took about a month to receive HR interview. Then the recruiting process sped up. Phone screening with HR: Basic HR questions; Phone interview with the hiring manager: Current/past professional experiences; Final onsite interview. Overall the interview process was very quick and efficient.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

I had applied for a different position. My resume was forwarded to the financial intelligence unit manager, by whom I was contacted directly. After a phone interview, I was asked to come in for a written assessment. I wish I was given a little more direction. I was told to be specific but s concise as possible. I gave more of a factual summary rather than a story-like narrative. For this reason, I was not offered the position.
    The decision making was quick, and they did inform me I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• I was given a case to read and analyze and asked to create a summary narrative.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

There will be around 2 rounds of Skype and a face to face interview. you will also have a coding test in both of Skype rounds. each step takes 2 weeks of process