American Express Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Analyst

American Express Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at American Express

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Had the recruiter for the role reach out to to me after a month. They quickly asked for a short 15-20 minute interview and asked general questions, make sure you have a reasonable salary expectation for the role you are applying for. Then met with three members of the team, Manager, Director and then the Vice President.

Interview Questions

• Why this role?
    What Excel functions do you use?
    What role would you be interested after role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

It was an interview with many phases. I met several people. They were all very friendly.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult. It was a very straightforward conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied via campus recruiting and immediately had an interview scheduled the next week. The first interview was on campus and it went very well. The interview is structured in 45 minute interviews with 2 different recruiters. The first 45 minute interview went really well. The questions were behavioral, leadership, teamwork, and some technical questions. The second second 45 minute interview took place immediately after my first one. The questions the second interviewer asked were similar to the first set. In summary, American Express is looking for candidates with good teamwork and leadership experience. Both interviews that day went smooth and it felt like I was having a conversation with a good friend and thats what they want it to be like. I will explain the questions in detail below.

After these two 45 minute interviews I was contacted immediately the next few days regarding an invitation to a final interview on-site in Phoenix AZ. I travelled to Phoenix AZ from Tucson AZ the next week. American Express was kind to pay for my gas and hotel room. The next morning I went to the American Express site around 7:30AM along with a bunch of other University of Arizona and Arizona Statue University candidates going for the same potential positions for Amex. We were lead to a group meeting room and given our schedules for the day. I had my interview immediately that morning. The interview style and process was similar to the first round interview I had on campus. 2 sets of 45 minute interviews with 2 technical mangers. The interview was almost the same style. Asked leadership, technical and teamwork questions. I was very pleased with their professionally, friendliness, knowledge and passion of their field. After both interviews I went on a tour around the beautiful American Express campus. After the tour we were all served a delicious lunch and had a chance to have a chat with the managers present. After all of that we were told when we would hear the news for a follow up offer or denial very soon.

The next week I got word of an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with difficult team members in order to complete a project.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to use your persuasion skills in order to complete a certain task.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to seek someone outside your circle to help you complete a project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me how file compression works without destroying or harming the quality of a file.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Although the hiring process is long, I did not feel it unusual or excessive.

I interviewed in person twice, making it clear that American Express was my first choice. For the first opportunity I got no acknolewgement of my thank you letters and no response or updatefrom anyone. I figured it was an isolatrd incident.

The second interview came and went and after great communication up to the second in-person interview I once again did not receive acknowledgement or update on their decision.

The sad part of the story was when I received an email to complete a survey of my experience three weeks after the interview. I did not receive a generic rejection later a month after.

Needless to say it was demoralizing and downright unprofessional. I have no intention of ever applying to this (my first choice for years) company again.

Interview Questions

• What would your boss say about you? Coworkers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

the entire interview was a total of 3 rounds, meeting with my direct manager first, then other team manager, and finally the department VP was the last round. It was standard - about 30 minute to one hour round interviews. I would recommend dressing business casual with a flare. I feel as though they mass interviewed for analyst roles, and you should stand out physically as well as with work experience. everyone is qualified and unique - make yourself MORE qualified and MORE unique.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Met with three or four people--mostly directors and VPs

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Express in June 2010.

Interview

It was well organized.Phone call from HR.Then they call you onsite for 3 rounds of interviews. First goes with the hiring manager, then with the Director level person take the interview and then closes with the HR round

Interview Questions

• HR round - do you share the news with your friends when you are upset   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

I had applied for a different position. My resume was forwarded to the financial intelligence unit manager, by whom I was contacted directly. After a phone interview, I was asked to come in for a written assessment. I wish I was given a little more direction. I was told to be specific but s concise as possible. I gave more of a factual summary rather than a story-like narrative. For this reason, I was not offered the position.
    The decision making was quick, and they did inform me I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• I was given a case to read and analyze and asked to create a summary narrative.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

i applied online, then they emailed me, then i had a phone conversation with an hr contact, then an phone interview with the hiring manager. the final step was to meet in person with the hiring manager. overall the process was easy and enjoyable.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a pre-screening phone interview with HR then one in-person interview with 2 managers and 1 director which lasted about an hour. Most questions were behavioral and the atmosphere was relaxed. I sent the follow-up e-mail 2 weeks and were told that the position is cancelled.