American Express Interview Questions in Burgess Hill, England | Glassdoor

American Express Interview Questions in Burgess Hill, England

2.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burgess Hill, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Express (Burgess Hill, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, recieved an email three odd weeks later with a bunch of questions relating to the job role. Filled that in sent it off, another three weeks later, get a phone call to set up a phone call interview. Interview went really well, very friendly had a laugh and showed real interest, with my skills and qualities. Get another phone call a few days later setting up a face to face interview. Interview went well, I would get calls from hr asking if everythings okay etc before the face to face interview, was pleased about everything. Face to face interview went really well, talked about my portfolio, skills qualities faced with a UX test. Very friendly and showed real interest, was told id recieve feedback and a yes or no within a week. Havnt heard back from them since, emailed in and called hr to ask no response, dont pick up my calls. Been over a month. Pleased with everything except the fact that they didnt reply back with atleast a no.

Interview Questions

• Experience questions, general CV questions and a test to show UX skills.   Answer Question
    • Gave an example of a current problem on laptop, had to show all the UX problems and how to improve them on white board   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burgess Hill, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Burgess Hill, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Approached by an in-house recruiter and an interview was arranged a month later. Visited the magnificent building and met the team leader and a senior developer who both asked a few questions. Then they gave me a piece of code (on paper) to find and suggest how it can be improved.

Interview Questions

• Basic object oriented concepts (e.g. Inheritance, polymorphism)   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burgess Hill, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Burgess Hill, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

2 step process usually; a competency based interview and a technical interview. For competency based interview, several questions on competency such as 'driving results' (there are a set of competency statements in the company, mainly on leadership skills) are asked and you need to answer them based on your experience. For technical interviews, you are not usually asked low-level details but rather high level understanding of concepts, technologies and architectures. Usually, again, you may be asked to answer based on your experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected, but I don't really know the 'right' answer for a question like "what do you do when you disagree with your colleague/leader..".   1 Answer

Negotiation

For this role, I was expected to accept a fixed salary (due to the contract I had earlier). So, no negotiations.