American Express Collections Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Express Collections Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview process was pleasant & simple...no real hurdles in interview...single person, one-time interview....interview not relevant to position though...not interviewed by working management...expectations set falsely as to real demands of the job..background check was long & tedious, some workers werent even cleared by the first day of work..

Negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I went online and applied. 1 week later I got a call from a recruiter that set up a phone interview. Phone interview went amazing. I jotted down regular interview questions and answered them b4 the interview so that I knew I would give amazing answers. Got an interview face to face scheduled with phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to problem solve a difficult problem at work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

just took what they gave me it was 16.65 plus bonus and commision

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

Easy phone screen interview, followed by an in person interview a couple days later. Decent starting salary, training was 13 weeks long and weird hours. Personality test and behavioral questionnaires for interview. You interview with one person, and then another person comes in to interview you. They give you a tour of the facility. It seems like a great company to work for, lots of security.

Interview Questions

Too long of a commute, hours did not work.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

Very simple questions and basic interview. I got the position through a staffing company, so they pretty much completed the first interview, reviewing skills/qualifications. The 2nd interview was in-person, and very laid back. I was applying for an entry level position, and the interview reflected that.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals? Are you comfortable completing multiple processes simultaneously?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

After applying I was called a week later. Had a phone interview then two days later called in for a personal interview which lasted all of about 45 minutes. Most of the time we talked about fashion. Upon leaving I met Tammy Weinbaum who started from the mail room and now has a very high position in the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a difficult situation and how did you handle it   1 Answer

Collections Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Went for d interview, just the ops round, waited for 2 hrs.
    There were 2 guys. Asked abt my professional experience,what was my core job. About my 2 qualities for which they should hire me. One weaknesses for which they shouldn't hire me.
    mock call for collections. Cross questions about my qualification. Told me how difficult it is to work, profile is full of pressure.
    When I told dem incentives doesn't matter, it's amex which matters.
    and guess what dey hired me
    Yeppppyyyyyyy hurrrrayyyy

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire and why shouldn't we hire you???   1 Answer