American Express Customer Care Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Express Customer Care Professional Interview Questions

Interviews at American Express

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Express (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

It was very lengthy but I received an offer at the table before I left. I met with Alva and only spoke with her. I know some others had to be interviewed by multiple HR reps.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to provide exceptional customer service and how did you do it   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Employee in Maricopa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express (Maricopa, AZ) in November 2012.

Interview

All virtual for Homebased! Quite impressive. 2 extensive phone interviews, background check and drug screening. Must pass screening test to move forward with phone interview. Test consisted of customer service questions, keyboarding, basic math, basic apptitude test.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you resolved a customer complaint? Research STAR menthod to answer questions properly.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Very thorough, they weave out the best and are looking for your focus on Customer Service and the customer experience. Complete online application, if they like you, they request for you to complete a digital interview. If selected, phone interview within a day of completing HireVue. Moving forward? Meet and greet. Then they narrow candidates down for a final informal interview. STAR behavioral interview, then your offer!

Interview Questions

• Why American Express? What is your idea of outstanding customer service? Which of the blue box values relates to you the most and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

You apply online at Carreers.AmericanExpress.com and wait for a recruiter to call you for a Pre-Screening, then if they like you, they set up a video interview. If they are still interested, you will get an invitation for a meet and greet so they can check you out and finally a personal panel based interview.

Interview Questions

• In this position, the person will be managing multiple tasks at once. Describe the last time you had to manage several projects at one time. How did you deal with it? (Attention to Detail)

Describe a recent achievement that gave you a strong sense of personal satisfaction and how you accomplished it? (Self – Starter)

What has been the most difficult project or piece of work you have been involved with recently? How did you approach it? (Tenacity – Driven Results)   Answer Question

Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of one phone screen and one extensive telephone interview (on two different days) - the final phone interview lasted approximately one hour, as the position was home base

Interview Questions

• They were looking for extremely detailed examples of past experience that would directly correlate with the role   Answer Question

Negotiation

Compensation is competitive for this role and I was offered an amount that I felt was fair and far more than the starting salary, which was not bad either

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

They contact you if you qualify after the assestment to do a digital interview on HireVue, where you answer 5 questions, then if you pass that they call to talk about the job and set up a phone interview, and if you pass the phone interview a couple days later you get contacted to set up an In person interview

Interview Questions

• Responsibilities of previous jobs, why American Express? Why did you leave your previous jobs? A time when you were giving goals and merits? Your idea of great customer service? How do you give exceptional customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied Online. Phone Interview with recruiter, followed by 1:1 interview with HR. When offer was accepted did background and drug test. Called within a week to accept offer. Word of advice answer call as soon as you can and accept offer, can determine your shift you'll get.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time where you handled a difficult customer?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Received email to do test. After passing, they email to set up phone interview. Asked basic questions about application and resume. After that, another phone interview to ask behavioral questions. Afterwards, they ask me to come in for meet and great. Its like speed dating. If you passed that, you come back for final interview with hiring manager. Received offer couple days later.

Interview Questions

• Which blue box value relates to you and why?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Plantation, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is extensive and extremely intense. American Express is taking every precaution to ensure that the right candidate is hired. You have a video interview, followed by phone and a meet and greet. Then an interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you made a mistake or and error. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express in February 2016.

Interview

After applying online I received a online questionnaire which took about an hour and a half. It varies from personality questions to math. It can get redundent. Don't stress to much. After that I did my hirevue virtual interview. I got a call the next day to schedule a phone interview. Then I received an email declining to move forward in this process.