American Express Customer Care Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Express Customer Care Professional Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

3.2

Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express in September 2016.

Interview

Very lengthy process, took over 1 month to get the initial interview. Then I had to video record myself answering questions, then a phone interview and lastly a 2 hour long group interview. There were 10 candidates and 6 managers. there were 5 rounds to this interview, a couple one on one with a hiring manager and a couple in groups with 4 other candidates. They asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process is extremely inconsistent. And there's no way to get feedback on why you don't make the cut. First, they have you apply, then they have you do an assessment. After the assessment comes a digital interview. It was a frustrating process for me. I've applied numerous times but nothing. And again, I cannot get the necessary feedback to understand where I'm not meeting the mark for them.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

Interview

Applied online and the next day had to do an assessment. Taking fake customer calls choosing the best option to help the customer. Few days later ask to do a video interview. Two days later received a phone call to do a over the phone interview the same day. A few days later invited to a meet and greet which was like speed dating. You sit at a table with 5 other people than two interviewers ask you all the same question. Once all answered you switch tables. Two hours after meet and greet was asked to do a f2f with the hiring manager which is this week.

Interview Questions

• Which blue box value relates to you and have you used it in your work experience?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you received extraordinary service?   Answer Question
    • Why would you be a good fit for the company and what do you bring?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Express (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I got an email to inviting me to complete the assessment test. This test is long, make sure you have at least 2 hours of quiet time. I got busy in the middle of the test and messed up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Applied online. Did a virtual interview through HireVue after hearing back 5 days later. 2 days later scheduled a phone interview. STAR method questions. Why do you want to work for American Express? Describe your previous positions? When did you have to deal with a difficult customer? What is your greatest task? Passed onto the "Meet and Greet" which is an in person interview with multiple panels. You received a number and went from table to table meeting with different Staff and answered STAR method questions. Received a call that night that I passed onto the FINAL interview which was scheduled for 3 days after. During this interview was the first time I heard about the schedule, which would've been nights and weekends. I asked worst case scenario questions about being able to change schedules, what if you couldn't do that schedule, etc., since I thought it would be okay due to the fact that it was my FIRST time hearing about the actual schedule after 4 interviews. I didn't think it would affect my chances of being hired but it did. I was told I would hear back in 2 days. I did not hear back from American express until 2-3 weeks after that final interview. I JUST received the email saying I was not offered the position. This position you train for 3 months using one schedule and once you are done training you must work nights and weekends.You have to accept the position not knowing what your schedule will be like after the 3 months of training. I think it's acceptable to ask worst case scenario questions and not have it affect your interview negatively. Guess I was wrong.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult task and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

First they have you do a thorough assessment online. then you have to do a virtual interview where you record your answers on a app on your smartphone that is video/audio but there is no live person on other end. then you do the phone interview. then you do the in person interview. the in person interview is round robin style. 6 people including me were going for the job. first I went into a room with 2 others and then the Interviewer and were asked a series of questions. then i went to a separate room with one interview and myself. then again back to the room with 2 others. then lastly one more room with a different interviewer. so i saw 3 interviewers total. Interesting style and VERY thorough process. 4 interview steps in all. Rest assured, they hire in large groups that go into "training classes" of around 10-25 people at a time so there is a lot of opportunity and the people you are interviewing with arent your enemies.

Interview Questions

• Why american express?
      What is your favorite Blue Box value?
      Tell me about your work background
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (Plantation, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume, receive invitation to complete assessment test. After the assessment test, I received a request for a phone interview. Did not received an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Does your position use a metrics system to measure productivity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Express (Miami, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume, received email for assessment test. Assessment test was conducted online by and took about 90 minutes. Received another email for recorded interview conducted by Hirevue with approximately five questions. Received a call to schedule a phone interview. I have not heard back from the company as yet with a follow up. Thankfully I am not out of work and relying solely on a response. But I understand how other candidates might feel frustrated with the process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years with the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Multi step process including a video, phone, group, and individual interview, in that order. The process was lengthy which caused natural nervousness. However, it also comes to show that the company works hard to find the right candidate which makes them more desirable to work for.

Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express in February 2016.

Interview

After applying online I received a online questionnaire which took about an hour and a half. It varies from personality questions to math. It can get redundent. Don't stress to much. After that I did my hirevue virtual interview. I got a call the next day to schedule a phone interview. Then I received an email declining to move forward in this process.