American Express Customer Care Professional Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2016

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Brighton, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn - then a screening interview by friendly HR person from Krakow, Poland. Then invited for an interview with 2 managers. Then invited back for a second interview with relevant team members

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express (Brighton, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

after sending in my CV I had to complete a telephone interview and fill out an online form. after that I went in for a face to face interview with the two team leaders in their office in Brighton. Following acceptance they do a background screening to double check everything stated on CV.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a question that you don't know the answer to?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your role in a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Express (Brighton, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Monday. I received an email for a telephone interview on Wednesday and had my telephone interview on Thursday. The interview went well apart from the lady who was interviewing me did not speak brilliant English and was fumbling quite a bit. A couple of the questions I was asked were practically the same but worded differently so I was trying not to repeat myself. Also when they asked for the telephone number to call me on I gave them my house number knowing I get bad mobile signal but they phoned me on my mobile meaning I kept having to ask her to repeat the question as the line was so bad.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about American Express? Why do you want to work for American Express? How would you deal with a difficult customer? How would you deal with high volume of clients? Etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Express (Brighton, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Well, i havr been interviewed twice already by two different people. Both struggled with their English which i couldn't seem to oversee. At times i couldn't get what they were saying and i felt like they weren't even listening or understanding me as they repeated the same questions. On the other side, they were friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• Why amex?
      Why this position?
      How did i deal with a difficult situation at my previous job?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Brighton, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

It was all a fantastic experience and thoroughly enjoyable. I began by applying for the role via their online careers website. I filled in my personal information, work experience and qualifications. There was a section to include a cover letter to say why you are suitable for this role. Just go over the job description and show examples of where you meet this requirements.

The next day I received an email saying that they would like to advance me to the next stage which was an online assessment. You'll probably spend over an hour doing this however it's not boring and actually quite interesting. There are various tests, it begins with a multiple choice situational test where you select the best and worst options (fairy straight forward), there is also a speed typing test, a competency test, a maths/logic test, a personality based quiz and some other random questions. All in all some easy some more difficult but don't worry if you feel you got something wrong just move on.

Within 5 days I received a phone call from a member of staff from American Express who wanted to organize a telephone interview. It was very casual and laid back, simple questions and a few competency questions (use the star technique). He questioned me on my work experience and why I wanted to work for Amex. Also how I would deal with irate or difficult customers. The interview lasted about 15 mins and he told me that usually they organize a separate telephone interview to see whether one is suitable however because he was impressed by my answers he invited me straight to the assessment centre.

The assessment centre was a week later, and you have to dress in formal attire. They provide you with a PowerPoint on what to expect. There was about 10 people who arrived, 8 girls and me and one other guy. They took us to a room where they showed us a short presentation on American Express and the a tour of the building, which was really interesting. Make sure you're always inquisitive and ask a lot of questions throughout. After that we were all taken to separate interviewers who interviewed us 1-2-1 this was a standard interview asking why you are suitable for the role efc, then went back to our group where we socialized before going back to a situational interview which again was 1-2-1 and we were given fictional scenarios and had to think on the spot. The final task was a role play where we were on the call centre and were rang up by one interviewer, they provide you with flash cards with a scenario which is in regards to customer service but not necessarily Amex. You get ten minutes to prepare for it but just keep calm and speak in a polite positive manner and you will be fine.

The assessment centre lasted about 3 hours, and the next working day I was told that I had been offered the job, subject of course to a background check.

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with difficult customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Brighton, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very Convenient. I love the use of technology in the process and the On-demand interview with Hire Vue. It was more comfortable to use at my convenience and I was able to put my best foot forward to show my personality and skills. Every one I had contact with made me feel like an individual not a number lost in a global brand. Still in the interviewing process so will give more feedback as I progress through the stages.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me about your hobbies and interests outside of work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express (Brighton, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

One Phone interview - A friendly chat to see if you understand the role that has been applied for and then a competencies based interview to see your customer care skills and understanding of putting customer first

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were wrong and how you rectified it   Answer Question

Negotiation

NONE

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (Brighton, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

I had to complete 2 online tests, had a telephone interview, an assessment centre followed by a final face to face interview where I had to do a role play and answer more STAR style questions. It was a fairly lengthy process but I was extremely impressed by their organisation, and the help I received to prepare for the assessment centre.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation allowed but I was told about the benefits and healthy bonuses available.