American Express Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Express Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at American Express

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Okay process. Different. Switching rooms online was bit much but it was ok. You were answering questions with other people on the line with you. Be prepared to follow the star method. If you don't know, learn it because you will need it

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

I applied in July. Had 3 interviews between July and August and never heard anything back. I'm disappointed that they never even sent an email saying they did not choose me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (Lafayette, LA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied in early September 2017, this is literally my 3rd time applying. A week after applying, I was invited to take the skills level test. About 3 days later, I was called by a recruiter who then schedule a 45 minute preliminary interview with her the next day. The interview was intense with a lot of scenario based questioning. She also called 15 minutes LATER than the agreed upon interview time which I felt was very unprofessional. Approximately a week later, I participated in a panel style interview with about 6 other candidates. This interview was weird to say the least. We all gave a brief intro of ourselves, and then moved around to different hiring managers as if we were competing for the position. A week later, I received an email stating I would be moved to the final round of interviewing. For this interview I spoke one on with an American Express customer service manager. He seemed to be impressed with me, and told me I answered all of the questions well but appeared to be a bit nervous. Four days after the interview, I received a weird email stating because I claimed on my application that I was not eligible to work in the U.S, I would not be considered for the position?? I have been a U.S. citizen all of my life, and have NEVER indicated that I was not. I do believe that American Express has racist hiring managers. They are looking for that certain demographic that I proudly do not fit. I thank God that I will be graduating from college in 2 months. I hope to never have to be degraded again by scam companies offering employment based on ethnicity ever again! P.S. I have over 15 years of customer service experience, and a Bachelor's degree.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to overcome a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Normal interview questions .Using the five star method. First there was the initial phone screen.Then interview with recruiter.The last stage was was interview with hiring manager. I enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to adapt to change.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Only made it to the second interview. I take it that the recruiter did not like, my response because I was never contacted. She was so unclear on her interview questions. Along with terrible phone service that was fading in and out which made my interview difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Express (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2018.

Interview

Very easy and informative. The interviewer was very pleasant and welcoming. I enjoyed it. Very easy and informative. The interviewer was very pleasant and welcoming. I enjoyed it. Very easy and informative. The interviewer was very pleasant and welcoming. I enjoyed it. Very easy and informative. The interviewer was very pleasant and welcoming. I enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• What's you most difficult situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sierra Vista, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Sierra Vista, AZ).

Interview

The hiring proess went well. The representative was punctual and very informative. I had a chance to get ll my questions answered plus all my ppaerwork submitted in the system for training.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an irate customer by phone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Express (Sunrise, FL) in April 2018.

Interview

They hosted an open house! It was scheduled from 5-7:30 PM, and lasted exactly that long! It was a group inteview that had two parts... day one 10 potential candidates entered a room with a 10 minute timer and answered a few questions and themselves. If you were selected for a second inteview, which I received the call back for in less than 24 hours, than you joined another group for one more round of interviewing. The second day was set up like Speed date. 3 candiates sat at a table with 2 managers and answers questions. Then after 10 minutes, we all moved to the next table. It was very different and nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (Denver, CO) in August 2018.

Interview

Took 2 months to hear back from recruiter , the whole phone interview was very confused and recruiter talk so much and seem to be in a rush. i wish i had a different recruiter

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Express (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was seamless. There are several competency examinations to pick best candidates. Parts of the exams were timed and special attention was paid to ethical and moral standards and codes of conduct.