American Express Executive Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Express Executive Assistant Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Internal job posting. Panel interview with the department leadership team including the Vice President and multiple Directors to assess the candidate's business and technical knowledge, as well as how they conduct themselves in certain situations. Additional follow-up inquiries were conducted with the team's Managerial staff to collect their knowledge, experiences and input about the respective candidates. The leadership team allowed the staff to weigh in on the candidate selection process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a conflict with another employee. What was the nature of the conflict? How did you handle it? What was the outcome and what did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Miami, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview itself was not a long process, I received an email for a phone interview, and than a call back for a in person interview. The in person interview was not long, and it was very laid-back. still waiting to hear back from them to see if they extend an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was consist of three rounds, each persons interviewed me on a 1:1 basis. Firm hand shake and formal attire. Interviewer asked a random series of questions. I had a chance to be interviewed by the hiring leader. Most time was taken by hiring leader. The process lasted about 30-40 minutes. Because I interviewed for an Executive Assistant position, the questions and interviewing process strictly surrounded the EA role. The hiring leader made me very comfortable, occasionally smiled and gave me time to think before answering any questions. It was told upfront that their were several candidates applied for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe skill set and the range of knowledge., ie., intermediate, advance or expert.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I had one very long interview during which I met the two executives I would be supporting. Most of the interview consisted of being shown why there is a need for the position I was being considered for. A few questions about what my strengths and weaknesses would be within this position.

Interview Questions

• Do you look at this job opportunity as a career or as a stepping stone along your career path?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate on salary. Be fair and they will be fair as well.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process was great. If you get your foot in the door and contract, first, the process is even more of a breeze. The Leader was very detailed in explaining the position to me and what it would entail.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I got the initial interview through a recruiter which was an in-person interview. Questions were very basic and situational. That was followed by two more phone interviews that asked almost the EXACT same questions. That was followed by one more in-person interview which was again, consisted of basically the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a decision on your boss' behalf, even if you knew your boss wouldn't approve.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation---I was sent an offer letter that I could either accept or decline.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview was taken by all directors, they interviewed me face to face, and asked questions related to my job profile, I was also asked to describe the challenges that I face in my work life and the no. of people I am handling and how do I go about work everyday.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

Had two interviews; the first was with HR only and the second was with HR, a manager and two other staff. It was a fair and standard interview process. Punctual, asked expected questions, professional.