American Express Finance Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Express Finance Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express in March 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy, behavioral-based interview process. The hiring leader, VP, associate director, phone screen personnel etc. were all looking to make sure that subject matter expertise was there more than that I had credentials or baseless qualifiers. It felt like a very merit-based interview process and any added enthusiasm or effort to do well on the interviews was met well by them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Was hired out of college through off-campus recruitment. I had two phone interviews, and came in for a Superday where I interviewed with 2 directors. The questions were mostly behavioral. They also asked for any finance experience I had, or why I was interested in corporate finance.

Interview Questions

• How did American Express peform this past quarter   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express in December 2015.

Interview

App form,
    Tests, numerical verbal and situational
    Video Interview
    Assessment Centre which included 2 interviews with directors, presentation and group exercise.

straightforward questions and tasks but quite an intense day where you cannot relax at any point.

learn a lot about amex and was greatful for this day regardless of the outcome.

what an amazing company

Finance Analyst Interview

Interview

1. Online application followed by online testing
    2. Telephone interview - competency based (30 mins)
    3. Assessment Centre - 2 interviews, case study + presentation, group exercise

It might look scary like this, but I have to add the most important - people are extremely positive and outgoing, trying to help you do your best and show your skills. A smile is the word that describes best American Express. Best culture, easy to approach people, extremely open and friendly. Best interview experience, great organisation (breakfast, lunch, chat with current placement year analysts)!

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult client?   1 Answer

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

First I had to take the phone interview, then there was an assessment centre, which was a day - long interviewing process. It consisted of a couple of 1:1 interviews of varying difficulties, a case study and a group task. However, everybody there was super-friendly so you stop stressing and be yourself. The response from the company was also very quick at all stages.

Interview Questions

• Why Finance/ Why this company/ Who are our competitors/ What are the revenues for American Express   1 Answer

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

Three rounds, mainly competency based. First was with the HR business partner, then the hiring manager and finally the Finance Director.

As a big multi-national organisation, the process can be really slow. It took 3 months to go from the application through the website to the offer being made.

They will also do background checks before they give you the contract.

Interview Questions

• CV based and competency questions   1 Answer