American Express Financial Analyst Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

American Express Financial Analyst Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Feb 16, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview began with a walk through of my CV. This was followed by general competancy questions. This was followed by a presentation of analysis completed in a previous role. I guess they were looking to get a sense of each candidates analytical skills. Finally, it finished with questions for the interviewers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Educational and thorough. I learnt a lot through this process and recommend to people applying to learn basic financial ratios. They should be prepared to perform an analytical exercise and also deliver the results confidently to a senior member of the Finance team. In terms of competency interviews, the usual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

There were two rounds. Each round had two interviews. First round was on campus in Barcelona with two Senior Managers who evaluated separately and after I cleared this round, the second round was in London at their office with two more senior Director level people along with candidates from other Business schools in Europe.

Interview Questions

• Motivation to join American Express and the reason for switching from IT to Finance.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

After completing the online application and relevent online testing, there is a phone interview which lasts approximately 20-30 minutes. The questions are straight forward competency questions asking about motivation, why AmEx, why Finance etc.

if successful, you'll be invited to an Assessment Centre which consists of an individual presentation on a selected case study, which you have 1 hour to extrapolate information and present it; 2 face-to-face interviews and a group exercise.

On the whole, the day was very enjoyable, you meet alot of new people and have the change to talk to current interns/employees of American Express

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time you have gone out of your way to deal with a difficult customer?"
       "was the fact the the customer was difficult your fault?"
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Internship role so no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

Numerical Assessment, Telephone Interview, Assessment Centre and then one final partner interview

Interview Questions

• What specifically did you learn in your previous internships that you can apply and what would be the result?   Answer Question

A better offer from another payments company.