American Express Global Business Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Virtual Travel Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express Global Business Travel (Atlanta, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

Screened with recruiter. Schedule next day for manager to interview. I did have to follow up with recruiter and then everything went quickly after that. Interview has a few questions for formats and how to use the system.

Corporate Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Express Global Business Travel (Miami, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online and received an email 2 hours later. 1st interview was very straightforward and informational. I was offered a position and moved on to interview 2 which I completed a phone assessment regarding the Sabre system formats. I was emailed the official offer letter an hour after the interview for the position and everything ran very smoothly. Process took 4 days to get hired , background check completed in a week , now I am waiting for installation of equipment and my start date ☺ BTW I am a former agent of American Express Travel.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle a difficult customer and how do I show empathy   Answer Question
    • What are some of my strengths and weaknesses when it comes to customer service and travel   Answer Question
    • My experience level   Answer Question

Interview

Very easy. I wen in and met with the team leader and client. I was asked easy questions such as tell me about difficult experience with a client and how did you resolve the issue.

Corporate Travel Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express Global Business Travel (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

There were multiple interviews I had to go through before I was offered the position. First, I had to do a video interview where I had to read a question and then record my answer within a 10 second time frame which was an interesting experience. After that, I had a phone interview, asking similar questions that I was asked during the video interview, and the last interview was in a group setting, in a speed dating format where you sit with a manager and then rotate to another when your time is up

Interview Questions

• Why American Express travel? If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? What work have you done in the past to prepare you for this position?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at American Express Global Business Travel.

Interview

I had two interviews which I thought went well. I was told I would hear from them within a month. I thanked them for the opportunity and followed up on occasion as the months went by. Then about 4 - 5 months later, an inter-company email was sent out congratulating someone else on the position. I was never told I didn't get the position, much less why. Very poor form not to notify the other applicants first, much less at all.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Travel Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Express Global Business Travel.

Interview

Had to take an assessment test first then they set up phone interview with manager and recruiter. they took turns asking questions. International questions, some about airline codes. She said she would call me by end of week either way, never heard anything. I emailed 2 weeks later and never replied. At least they could do was let me know one way or the other.

Travel Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express Global Business Travel.

Interview

Applied on-line, got a call within several weeks from applying. Had several phone interviews and took personality assessments. Offered position after a few months from applying. Started immediately for training.

Meeting Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express Global Business Travel in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted three times by telephone. They were 30 minute calls, I never met anyone in person. In hindsight, I never met most of my coworkers either because they were virtual.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about how I handle difficult people. Little did I know they had a wake of former employees the left.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express Global Business Travel (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Once you get past the initial HR interview, which is the general questions regarding your qualifications, you will be interview by the hiring manager or team leader. They will ask you a series of questions that are competency-based questions. These questions, if you are not familiar with them, are questions regarding previous situations you had on the job and how you handled them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to tell a customer that you could not do something for them (tell them No). What was their reaction and how did you handle their response?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express Global Business Travel.

Interview

Had to do interview by uploading a video that required me to have a few seconds to read an interview question and then a few more seconds to reply.

Interview Questions

• What would your last employer say about your pros and cons   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express Global Business Travel (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviews were primarily conducted over the phone, except for the final interview which was in-person. The HR person / in-house recruiter was very helpful during the process and checked in after each interview to ask my thoughts and provide me with feedback. In the end, the in-person interview was with a person outside of the department I was applying for a position to join.

Interview Questions

• Questions were both experience oriented as well as operational (i.e., have you ever been in this situation and how did you handle it?)   Answer Question