American Express Global Business Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at American Express Global Business Travel

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Senior Business Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express Global Business Travel (London, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

Call with HR, then face to face with line manager and finally with VP. Pretty informal. HR very professional and approachable, so were the manager and the VP. I thought I would be over-experienced but was given feedback they were looking for someone more senior. Really expected the opposite. No offer but overall the process was smooth and professional. Recommended, as it seems to be a company with good value through the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where your expertise really made an impact for the business   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express Global Business Travel (New York, NY) in June 2020.

Interview

Outstanding executive dress on point by custom ordered assessments process. Work at high ground Level with baseball players. I love being a personnel HR on board staff meeting as to guidance membership turbo.

Interview Questions

• How by long experience are you for a corporate division in travel.   1 Answer

Revenue Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express Global Business Travel.

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter after about two days of online applying. The recruiter is very kind and polite. ButI did't perform very well for the call. And after 1 month got email that they considered I am not fit for this position.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself and what your previous work content. Basic Excel formula questions. And the recruiter said there would be a half hour technical test if I could enter the next round.   Answer Question

Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Express Global Business Travel.

Interview

Recruiter reached out and asked a bunch of questions include salary expectations. When I mentioned the salary, I was told she'll check with the hiring manager as it may be out of their range. Received an email from the same recruiter several days later stating they have "decided to move forward with other candidates, whose skills we believe aligns more closely with the requirements for this role". By the look of the email, you can clearly conclude it was a cut and paste response from a third world country recruiter.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Express Global Business Travel in October 2019.

Interview

It was quite extensive! There were five interviews total - the initial phone screen with HR; phone interview with the hiring manager; a Zoom interview with a team member; an in-person interview with hiring manager and team member, with presentation on theoretical scenario(s) related to position; and a final Zoom interview with the Global VP.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think your skills can enhance this role, the department, and the company?   Answer Question
    • What reservations do you have about this position?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable working at your own pace, and creating your own goals and day-to-day activities?   Answer Question

MI Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Express Global Business Travel (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

There were two rounds of phone interviews, and then I went into the client's office for an in-person interview with a panel of people, one from American Express GBT and three from the client.

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at American Express Global Business Travel (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2019.

Interview

Initially received an email from Jennifer and scheduled a call with her. She went over my resume with me and then set up a phone interview with Barry. Barry asked me basic questions about my resume and explained the position. He then had Donna call me to schedule a 2nd interview. Donna called me the next day and again went over my resume and the duties of the position. She said next step would be for her and Barry to get together and I would hear from them within in the next 3 business days. Barry called me that Monday and offered me the job. Entire process took a week.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a day where things did not go as planned and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Associate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express Global Business Travel (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2019.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one with the HR recruiter and one with the manager. Both HR and the Manager were very pleasant and asked fair questions regarding your substantive experience in the career area.

Meeting Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Express Global Business Travel (Cleveland, OH) in December 2018.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews. Was offered the position verbally by a recruiter and asked to give a response in half a day. I asked if my job would be protected as I am pregnant and would need to be out on leave. Was given the run around for 4 days before finally being told the hiring manager offered the position to someone else the same evening I was offered the position, supposedly without telling the recruiter first. Cannot believe they discriminate against pregnant women.

Manager of Business Development | Virtual Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express Global Business Travel (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Interview process was exactly what you would think, except for this.

I was presented up front with a base compensation model which was lower than what I currently have but I was looking more towards OTE+ to make my decision.

When they came back with their offer, they came back with a compensation model that was $10, 000 lower per year than what we originally discussed. Then they said they need to go back to all candidates and share this with them. Really??

This was probably the most unprofessional encounter I've had while interviewing for a career. How do you initially offer someone a specific base pay and then say oops..., we were wrong it's $10k less for your base compensation and $25k less for your OTE.. Shouldn't this all be figured out through HR before you post a job opening?

I would have never even considered the conversation or going through the process for 2 weeks if the compensation would have been shared correctly up front.

Interview Questions

• Please walk us through your outbound/hunter sales process.   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express Global Business Travel.

Interview

The position listing didn't disclose the work on the brand. The interview was a panel interview with individuals who hadn't worked in any other facet of tourism and were not very knowledgeable.