American Express Human Resources Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Express Human Resources Manager Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

The interviewers were very prepared and engaged during the interview. The recruiter was " OK. " Generally, a very good experience. I even received feedback, which is always appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Describe experiences with Labor unions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online for several positions and received multiple calls back from recruiters about the various positions. For the position I accepted, I had an initial phone screening with the recruiter, a phone interview with the recruiting manager, a phone interview with another recruiting manager, a phone interview with the hiring director and in person interviews with three VPs. Needless to say, it was a bit exhausting. However, none of the interviews were ridiculously hard and they seem to welcome people with varied backgrounds who may not have done EXACTLY what the new role entails. This is further solidified by the fact that they highly encourage you to move around once you're within the organization to learn new skills and follow your passions.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing to stay current in your field? [I had taken 6 months off prior to applying for a new job]   1 Answer

Negotiation

They wouldn't budge. I asked for $2k more and they said no. I have heard that is rather common for AXP and I can also confirm that they're generally at the low end of the pay scale, particularly for NYC.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Worst experience. First you are phone-screened quickly by a recruiter about your resume. Next round is usually by phone; can be anywhere from 1-3 managers in a panel. Next round is another panel, either phone or in person, again 1-3 Directors. Next, sometimes final round, is in person with an Executive. All of this can take up to a MONTH! So if you're interviewing with another company & get an offer from them, you may still be in the midst of the Amex interview abyss.
    Note - all this wasn't even for a Manager-level role!

Interview Questions

• Some questions in the different panel interviews were the same.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unless this is for a Director or above, there is no negotiation (at least in Human Resources), although I tried. I accepted due to the company reputation & was told there would be advancement soon.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

The recruitment team carry out initial telephone screening and arrange face to face interviews.
    The face to face interview over 4 hours with 6 different people was a farce & all over the place.
    The job was re- advertised before they had communicated to confirm I was unsuccessful, and I had to email them to ask the outcome!!!

Manager Human Resources Interview

Interview

Three rounds of interview with HR people with technical round wherein was asked to make a presentation.
    overall a great interview, but was not explained the hierarchy in detail.