American Express Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Express Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at American Express

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

They recruit on campus and then will take you to NY to do the finals in person. Interviews are mostly behaviorally based and not too difficult. Overall positive experience, very kind interviewers with no stress tests

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

No technical questions asked in both on-campus interview and on-site interview.
    Basically, they went through resume. And ask questions about your experience.
    It seems to me that they prefer people with good communication skills.
    You have the chance to ask current employees about their roles in American express in the super day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Express (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied via university career fair. Had on campus interview, and spoke with two interviewers. One technical and one behavioral. The questions were basic questions about java and sql, but there were also cognitive questions that were pretty tricky. After that, the behavioral questions came and the whole interview process took about an hour an a half.

Interview Questions

• How many times does the minute hand and the hour hand touch each other in one day?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

I met with American Express representatives at a school career fair, and scheduled an interview with them the next day. This first round of interviews consisted of 30 minutes of resume review and logic questions, and another 30 minutes of writing programs on paper. It was absurdly easy. Basic intro class stuff. The second interview I had with them was at a "Super Day." That was a 5 hour event of an individual interview (similar format to the first interview), an online coding assessment, and an online group coding assessment (in a group of 4-5). The coding assessments were much harder, and possibly harder than any technical interview I had ever done.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

I Interviewed for a Software Engineering Internship position. I talked to American Express at my university's career fair then scheduled to interview with them on campus a few days later. On campus interview was very easy (Do you know java, how do you make a class...) with a few logical questions. I was next asked to visit their 'Super Day' at the Phoenix Office. The Super Day event was much more difficult than any of the previous interviews and was pretty disorganized. There was a coding challenge which required dynamic programming (which no one completed in 30 minutes), additionally there was a 1 on 1 interview where the interviewer seemed bored out of their mind (similar easy java questions to on campus interview). Lastly there was a 'Team Hackerrank' where you and a random team of a few other people (also interviewing for the intern SWE position) with a question full of typos (Index starting at 0 at one line, starting at 1 on another, impossible to tell which was correct...), very few teams even understood the problem and my team's moderator actually got extremely upset at us. And yet they gave me an offer... Weird process.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online through company website. Interviewed with two directors back-to-back who came to my school for on-campus recruiting. Got a call a few days later from a recruiter saying I got an offer. There were no additional rounds of interviews nor an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• If someone applied for a credit card, what info would you want in order to approve/decline them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Two back-to-back on-campus interviews with very pleasant and encouraging interviewers. Then flown to NYC HQ for two more back-to-back interviews. Everyone was very friendly throughout the process and were very transparent on the close-knit culture, the main factor that drew me to the company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Everyone there was really nice, and want you to succeed and they ask a lot of technical questions, but not too hard, I really liked the people I met, and they called me within a week to tell me I got the internship

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Express (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

One on campus interview about an hour in length. Included both behavioral and technical questions. Received a phone call requesting interview after speaking with recruiters at the career fair. Spoke with two different interviewers.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Everyone was very nice and wanted you to succeed. Asked some behavior questions and then some technical questions on paper. Then they asked why you did it that way and if there is other approaches you can think of.

Interview Questions

• Using array.find(), find the first element that contains ___ within it's class variables   Answer Question