American Express HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Express in January 2016.

Interview

I applyed for the position part/full time I immediately got a reply back for an assessessment I am not feeling very confident about the assessment I have many many years of customer service and management experience however I so not do well with all the crazy shape assessments and have yet to understand what do finding what triangle come next have to do with taking a phone call in my any years in a call center I have never used that nor do I see how it relate so with that being said I doubt if I will be moving forward in the process I'm just waiting on that dreadful we decided to move forward with other candidates email

Interview Questions

• I have not gotten to interview yet   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

After applying, you may or may not be called to request an interview. If you are called, it is just to as a prelude. It is not the actual interview. The first call is just to ask a few questions and determine if they want to proceed with the interview process. A few preliminary questions are asked and you are advised that if you are scheduled for a second interview that they use the STAR method of interviewing. If you get the second interview, it is very intense, with many questions and scenarios. After that interview, if they want to hire you, then they will be back in touch with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an interaction with an irate caller and how you handled the call.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Applied online, was sent an email to complete assessment. Then received an email to complete video interview where you answer 6 questions and the interview is just answering the questions and being recorded. A few days later, I was called by HR and she asked a few questions to see if I was a good candidate for the position. This lasted about 45 minutes because she was writing all my answers down. She then told me that she wanted to proceed and that I had an interview with the hiring managers a week later. So, the interview with the hiring managers is a bit strange. The best way to describe it is like speed dating. You are passed around to 2 hiring managers to answer questions and then to a team leader for a group interview. HR, the hiring managers, and the team leader all use the STAR method.

HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Express in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online, within the same day I received an email "Congratulations, based on your qualifications, we invite you to complete the next step in our standard hiring practice for this position by completing an assessment questionnaire"

HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position. I received an email the following day, saying congratulations, based on your overview, that I needed to take an assessment test for the next step in the interview process. I took the test, which I must say was ridiculous. I have been in customer service for a long time, and I'm not sure how the questions relate to customer service. Well, I must have done a horrible job on the testing. I received nothing after taking the test. I went back on the website to check on job update, about a week later......and the job was gone. So much for that.

Interview Questions

• No formal interview. Just did assessment test. Weird shapes!?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Express (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Great up until actual interview. Think the choose based in looks. Experienced, professional, just wasn't what they were "looking" for. Everything was honestly smooth until the rejection email. Part time customer service with my background... I'm sure they based off looks.

Interview Questions

• Basic customer service questions..   1 Answer

HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express in June 2016.

Interview

Completed application...
    Within 24 hours, recieved assessment and completed.
    Within 24 hours, completed one way interview through HireVue.
    The interview asked a few STAR based question and the rest was about availability.
    Literally a week later, I received an email saying that the position was cancelled.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to troubleshoot. What steps did you take and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

January 4th I submitted my application, about a week later I was invited to take the assessment which was extremely long and somewhat irrelevant when it came to the geometry, anyhow, about a week after that I was invited to do a one way Hirevue video interview such consisted of about 6 situational questions and took about 30 mins. A week after that I was emailed about setting up a phone interview, in which I scheduled for the following day. The phone interview lasted about 45 mins going over my background and about three situational questions he then told me he would like to schedule me for a two way interview with the hiring manager. The following day, I competed it and it was about an hour long and by far the most detailed interview I've ever had he really dug into every situation he asked me! Upon completion he thanked me for my interview and informed me that he would follow up with a decision within two days by phone or email. I was contacted within 24 hours with an offer, and details about shipping equipment, background check, drug test etc. They also cover the expense for your Internet and phone service, cool beans. I was a bit skeptical when I read a post on here claiming that the job listing was not real but that is completely false being that that person never even made it to the digital interview, but hey just to let you all know it's completely legit I Tait couldn't see American express, a fortune 100 company, pulling such nonsense myself; anyway my training class starts 2/29!!!! Good luck to all!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you didn't have the necessary resources available to make an important decision, what was the situation, what actions did you take, and what were the results   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied on 3/2/16, passed the initial evaluation and assessments. I completed the HireVue video session and my recruiter asked me to notify him once I completed the HireVue interview. I keep reading from other posts that the whole process takes 4-5 weeks. The difference between my experience and all others I've read about here is that received offers received a phone interview request; I have not. I haven't gotten an email from my recruiter since 3/3/16. I've already been offered 3 work from home positions while waiting for Amex. I even went on a job interview for Discover Financial Services. I emailed my recruiter 3 days ago to ask for an update because I have so many offers and a 4th one pending but he never responded. I don't want to assume the worst but it could be that they haven't chosen me to move forward but aren't saying. If I didn't get it, fine but I'd just like to be notified so that I can choose from my other 3-4 offers on the table. I'm a highly skilled customer service representative and I am in high demand. 4/3/16 will be 4 weeks since I started the application process. I feel like since I have not been asked to phone interview and silence from my recruiter means I was rejected by Amex. Please let me know if you have been in this position.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

It all started off with me applying for the position, and doing a lengthy (About 1.5 hours) assessment that tested a lot of different things. Less than 12 hours later, I received the email to do the original HireVue interview. It consisted of a few webcam questions, and then a few selection based answers. This only took about 20 minutes

After I did that, I received a call from a recruiter about 9 days later, informing me that she wanted to set aside a day for us to talk about some things. When the day arrived, we talked about my experience and there were a few situational based questions, I read that this portion is usually about 30 minutes long, but the recruiter and I spoke for about an hour. That was because she informed me that she normally has to forward my responses to the hiring managers and that they will select if they want to interview me or not, but she stated that she was sure that they would want to speak to me, so she scheduled me an interview with them for the following week.

When that interview came around, I sat down and talked with them, this was another HireVue based interview, except this time there were 2 hiring managers on the other end. They asked me some more questions about my experience and things that I've done at previous employers, as well as other situational based questions, that were somewhat similar to the ones the original recruiter asked. This interview was about an hour as well. They informed me that I would be contacted either by email or phone within the following 2 business days to be informed of the outcome. The next day I received a phone call from another Hiring Lead that informed me that I got the job and explained certain things such as the pay and the equipment I would be receiving.

Interview Questions

• To recall a time that I had to adapt to a new policy or regulation that changed how I did my job.   Answer Question