American Express Manager - Risk Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Express Manager - Risk Management Interview Questions

Manager - Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Amex has three phone screen interviews where you can be asked any brain teaser like questions + usual behavioral questions.
The next round occurs onsite. You go onsite on a Interview Superday w/ dozens of other graduate students. You will be interviewed in two or different 1:1 setting.

Interview Questions

• Why should anybody pay a lofty fee say - such as $450, to get a credit card.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Manager - Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

I went through the campus recruitment process. Had two case interviews. One is about the credit card profitability. The other is about the direct mail campaign efficiency. The interview questions are not too difficult and both of the interveiwers are nice. I only went through one round.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Manager - Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express in July 2014.

Interview

I got the interview through an employee referral. It took place over 2 months. The process was very disorganized with multiple delays, and a break in communication. They had the hardest time scheduling a plane flight and would wait three days before the departure date, only to have to cancel and attempt to reschedule.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed through the full-time campus hiring process. There were two rounds. The 1st round was on campus with two interviewers, and the 2nd round was in their office with three interviewers. The questions were mostly behavioral, situational, and case based. Because this was a blanket offer into the Risk and Information Management group, all the interviewers needed to unanimously say yes before an offer is given. I did not know prior to the accepting the offer which team I would be on until a few days before starting work.

Interview Questions

• There was one statistical question about the t-statistic, but I can't remember the exact question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was automatically adjusted upward post-offering without negotiation in recognition of most current market rate.

Manager-Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Asked me working experience. However, the job description the HR gave to me was not clear.
    HR didn't deliver some msg to senior manager who interviewed me later. It seems that they are lacking communication, kinda made me not know what to say during the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background   1 Answer