American Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017
1,310 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Express in January 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview, followed by an in person by the hiring manager. Then a 2nd interview with the hiring manager & the final interview with the Director. The entire process took about six weeks.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about American Express & why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Agile Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express in February 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview was done remotely with a contractor via video conference, not the actual hiring manager or an employee within the group. Interview questions were based on script, starting with the following topics: Agile Methodology, Personality/Behavior Questions/Technical. The interview was a bit more technical than I expected for the role, probably because the role sat within technology. The questions asked were very "text book-like" questions. Meaning, you might have learned it in college and/or through certifications, but if your prior job experience didn't practice those methods, you will not know the answers to the questions.

Interview Questions

• User Story - In the agile methodology, how do you know a story is completed?   Answer Question

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Sent resume, received an email to do a visual interview. Took it with ease. A recruiter from FL called and left me a message to send her my resume and call her back. I did.... 3 times. No response. after a month, I was sent a rejection notice. Based on what? They like my resume and virtual interview. FL never interviewed me or returned my call .

MBD Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

Ridiculously drawn out and inconsiderate of your time. Definitely a picture of what is to come. There are questions asked that are designed to trip you up which is not cool.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in high school.   1 Answer

Platiinum Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Plantation, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Apply on line. If you make that cut there will be a torturous online assessment test that will make you sweat. Next step a 45 minute phone call with a corporate recruiter that will feel like you are being interrogated by Johnny Cochran. If you make that cut you will be fortunate or unfortunate to be invited to their speed dating like group interview with 20-25 leaders at five tables and they ask you those stupid STAR Type questions. If you prepared and studied 5 weeks prior for 7-8 hours a day you will feel so proud of yourself compared to the losers that answer before you but the next day your odds are high that they will send you a rejection letter. You can search the internet or sites like this and just like when a boyfriend or girlfriend breaks up with you , you will never get the answers as to why so prepared and detailed in your responses and you didn't make the cut. No one will give you a clue as to what you could have done differently. It would be easier to get hired as a rocket scientist than to get hired by this company

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between expected customer service and extrodanary service and tell us time when you received extrodanary service.   1 Answer
    • Give us an example of a time you went over and beyond to please a customer   1 Answer

Account Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2016.

Interview

I was sent an email with areas to be covered at the interview. There were two interviewers who took turns asking questions. They covered my resume first before moving on to specific competency based questions when I had to give examples. They were nice but still it was nerve racking especially if you're not the type good at selling yourself.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to give an example of a situation when I had to achieve certain targets but had to also keep my eyes on the bigger pitcture   Answer Question

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Express (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in February 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews. One through the phone and another face-to-face. The phone interview went well and the person doing the screening was pleasant and friendly as expected. The screening process did not take long as a request for another interview came on the same day.

After several days, the actual interview took place. It began with a brief introduction and a task related assignment was given (answering a phonecall) right after. Then one-on-one interview began. Let's just say the experience I had was very negative. Worst interview I had ever been through. I have never felt so biased in any interview before. It is surprising because it was against the values of the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you provided exceptional service   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Express (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

interview was good just a few things were asked about my experience , my working, hobbies, future interest, my qualifications , projects i did, the overall experience was really good as the interviewer was really cool and we had a two communication with each other which made the interview atmosphere very much cool.

Interview Questions

• what is my key skills for the roll?   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiation was good.

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process is extremely inconsistent. And there's no way to get feedback on why you don't make the cut. First, they have you apply, then they have you do an assessment. After the assessment comes a digital interview. It was a frustrating process for me. I've applied numerous times but nothing. And again, I cannot get the necessary feedback to understand where I'm not meeting the mark for them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

After applying, you may or may not be called to request an interview. If you are called, it is just to as a prelude. It is not the actual interview. The first call is just to ask a few questions and determine if they want to proceed with the interview process. A few preliminary questions are asked and you are advised that if you are scheduled for a second interview that they use the STAR method of interviewing. If you get the second interview, it is very intense, with many questions and scenarios. After that interview, if they want to hire you, then they will be back in touch with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an interaction with an irate caller and how you handled the call.   1 Answer

CCP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Express (Brighton, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Took 3 months, intense. Did not find out until 4 days before the start date I had the job. It could come across intimidating some of the approaches they take.

Interview Questions

• If your best friend was here what advice would he give you   Answer Question

Negotiation

Intense