American Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017
1,464 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Express in January 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview, followed by an in person by the hiring manager. Then a 2nd interview with the hiring manager & the final interview with the Director. The entire process took about six weeks.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about American Express & why do you want to work here?   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through college/university. There was a Skype technical interview with questions about definitions and some basic coding implementations. The second round was a "SuperDay" on their campus with two interviews and a tour.

Interview Questions

• What are the four principles of Object-Oriented Programming?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I met their recruiters in a job fair in canary wharf, and they talked me into applying, it was easy, no hassle, nice panel, had an online assessment, the phone interview, the assessment day in their office, and then another round of interview with dept manager. basically, everything was fine, except the salary negotiations did not go the way i wanted, so i refused their offer.

Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

I had an initial facetime interview during which I was asked basics about Java and edited a shared document a couple times to show basic Java skills. This was followed by a facetime interview with two engineers and a project manager where I was asked more about the intricacies of Java and talked about projects, experience, etc.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express in September 2017.

Interview

I went for the interview which was a mixture of competency based questions and a walk through of my previous roles and experience. The interview went well and I was offered the time after a couple other interviews with HR and someone from the business.

Risk and Information Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express (Ahmedabad (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

This was through the placement process of a business school. First up was a screening process done based on CV/resume submitted. Followed by a group discussion and then a personal interview. Personal interview was further divided into two: a technical interview and an HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Based on applicant's profile, they might ask programming questions. Otherwise, statistics and probability and logical reasoning questions were asked in the technical question.
      As for the HR interview, a couple puzzles here and there(they're fun and not at all hard, just relax and pay attention to the question being asked) along with the usual "Tell me about yourself" and SWOT analysis.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Very simple interview process, but it consisted of two steps. The first was an online webchat interview where I was asked many java and SQL questions. The second interview was a "super day" where I had 3 more interviews that consisted of fairly simple questions that wanted to see how you solved problems and how you fit into a team.

Interview Questions

• Brain teasers such as how many golf balls in a school bus.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

We are the central nervous system of global finance.
    Born in 1981, Bloomberg is a forward-looking company focused on building products and solutions that are needed for the 21st century. As a global information and technology company, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of data, people and ideas – accurately delivering business and financial information, news and insights to customers around the world. We are the central nervous system of global finance.

Interview Questions

• We are the central nervous system of global finance.
      Born in 1981, Bloomberg is a forward-looking company focused on building products and solutions that are needed for the 21st century. As a global information and technology company, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of data, people and ideas – accurately delivering business and financial information, news and insights to customers around the world.   1 Answer

Senior Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at American Express (New Delhi (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was real smooth starting with a Voice and Accent round, Then Operations round and a face to face discussion with the HR.
     Both V n A and Ops being Knockout selection processes.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

It took around 6 weeks. HR very nice people and responsive. HR phone interview, hiring manager phone interview, technical in person interview, and panel interview. No pay for relocation.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in employment in Amex? what is distributed systems? have you used distributed systems?   Answer Question

Work From Home Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express in March 2017.

Interview

The pre-interview consisted of a long, arduous computer-based testing, to include a rarely seen IQ assessment. The phone interview was a basic work-from-home experience. Over all it was a fairly simple process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for American Express   Answer Question