American Express Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Express Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

1) HR Phone Screen - if internal or contractor, then will ask about current role inside Amex and if you've met with your new leader
    2) Your new hiring leader and someone on his team, usually a level below him (in-person)
    3) Laterally related leaders in same unit, but different group (in-person)

Interview Questions

• If you have multiple workstreams going and each manager/leader is looking for theirs ASAP, how would you handle the situatio?   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Process consisted of 3 main interviews:
    1. 30 minute phone screen with a recruiter. You walk the recruiter through your resume and answer a few standard questions
    2. 30 minute phone interview with a manager. Walk them through your resume and answer some basic behavioral questions
    3. In person interview with a Director and Sr. manager. More background and behavioral/situational based questions

Overall the process took 3 weeks and was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to convince a manager about an option that you had   Answer Question

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

1st interview: Video app, no live person
    2nd interview: Phone, with a live person
    3rd interview: In person, with 2 people asking questions, they cross examine you, and the other takes notes. The ladies were nice.

My cousin (they had no idea and we don't have the same last names) got the position but said they put you through the whole process for nothing, the position and the department is very easy and basic. Their interview process was a waste of time. I think they made their decision on their group of hires before my 3rd interview, or maybe I was a backup in case someone turned down the job or didn't pass the very thorough and extensive background check.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you fixed a mistake that you made/overlooked, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

Process was very detailed and focused on many aspects of my career. Wanted multiple references.
    Also met with multiple people on several occasions. I would say it is a worthwhile process, although it took several rounds to get through the process. I would suggest detailed preparation for the interviews.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I was recommended to apply to the company by one of the former employee. I had some experience in the field. I sent my resume through their website and was contacted with in a week. I guess they needed to fill that position quickly. I was screened first about my resume first time and the next day another person called and we got into some technical talk. Everything went smooth and laid back. A week later I was offered an offer letter via email and 2 weeks later I am an employee of American Express. Plain simple and easy

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle multiple works at a time? and how? give an example   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

First Round: Digital interview, mostly behavioral, basic finance/accounting qs. Hear back in 2 weeks.
    Second Round: Super Day in office (3 weeks after first round), consisted of case study identifying business exposures and macroeconomic climate going forward

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you failed and how you fixed the problem.
      On the spot case study
      Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

No interview - only a phone screening and writing assessment. Writing assessment takes 3 hours to test your analytical and writing skills. Got the offer the next day of taking the assessment.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Although the hiring process is long, I did not feel it unusual or excessive.

I interviewed in person twice, making it clear that American Express was my first choice. For the first opportunity I got no acknolewgement of my thank you letters and no response or updatefrom anyone. I figured it was an isolatrd incident.

The second interview came and went and after great communication up to the second in-person interview I once again did not receive acknowledgement or update on their decision.

The sad part of the story was when I received an email to complete a survey of my experience three weeks after the interview. I did not receive a generic rejection later a month after.

Needless to say it was demoralizing and downright unprofessional. I have no intention of ever applying to this (my first choice for years) company again.

Interview Questions

• What would your boss say about you? Coworkers?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

It was good and straight to the point. There were three rounds and lasted for half hour each, They want to know your exposure to the business environment and they way you deal with complicated situations

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Had the recruiter for the role reach out to to me after a month. They quickly asked for a short 15-20 minute interview and asked general questions, make sure you have a reasonable salary expectation for the role you are applying for. Then met with three members of the team, Manager, Director and then the Vice President.

Interview Questions

• Why this role?
      What Excel functions do you use?
      What role would you be interested after role?
      Answer Question