American Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Express Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017
1,410 Interview Reviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express in May 2017.

Interview

This was an excellent process. Very comprehensive as far as interviewing and offer process is concerned. Managers provided helpful insight into the role of this position and how it fits in with the rest of the team.

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Video conference with 2 HR professionals. Tell me something about yourself?
    Which country would u like to visit & why?? Explain by giving some examples. How do u handle tough situations & clients.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself?
      Which country would u like to visit & why??Tell me something about yourself?
      Which country would u like to visit & why??The interview sucked. Cause they told me that they had a better post for me. Then they made me go through round robin style interview. I declined the interview cause it was not worth my time.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Nashville, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

After 2 phone interviews and an in person interview I was told I had made the final cut and would be advised of the outcome no later than the following week. I never heard back from the company.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward and quick. One interview with the hiring manager and two more panel interviews at their HQ. It was a well organised and efficient hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What in your opinion is more important for a sales person, communication skills or listening skills?   1 Answer

Interview

Normal interview questions .Using the five star method. First there was the initial phone screen.Then interview with recruiter.The last stage was was interview with hiring manager. I enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to adapt to change.   1 Answer

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (Sunrise, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

The whole process took 1 week. I applied and took an assessment the next day.
    The assessment took about 1 hour. The following day I was called by a recruiter who interviewed me for approximately 35 minutes and the whole processes was not stressful. She asked a few questions and also spoke about the position. I was then called about 3 days later to schedule an interview in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• What was something you had difficulty with at your previous job   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

* I applied online through their AMEX career site* Got an email from a recruiter after 10 days. * Phone interview with HR scheduled. * HR asked about my current role, interest for the posion, avalabilty, skillsets * In person interview with 3 persons 30 minutes each

Interview Questions

• # Why Amex? # What is your weakness # Why are you a great fit # Existing job role # 1 case study # Asked to resolve an ongoing issue with the team   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I was contacted for a phone screen with HR 2.5 weeks later. A week later I met in person with 4 employees, two at a time for 30 minutes each. I had a phone interview with the director (works remotely) a week after the in-person interviews. I received an update via email from HR that I was not selected for the role the week after.

Interview Questions

• Where do you expect to see yourself after 30-60-90 days in this role?   Answer Question
    • Speak of a time you caught a problem that no one else caught, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Manager, Initial Line Modeling Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a first phone call with HR, and two additional interviews with employer at the risk department (30 mins each). They asked questions about credit card model and some math quiz. After two week they announced me that I have not been selected.

Interview Questions

• Which features do you include in model to the initial credit line of a new customers?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview include two rounds. The first round is phone screen, which requires you to solve 2 algorithm questions in 30 min. The second round is on-site interview. You need to solve 1 algorithm question. And they will ask a lot about your resume.