American Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017
1,333 Interview Reviews

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

I was fortunate to move onto a next interview with the general managers. There it got more specific about technical questions. The interview was done over Skype. They emailed questions and gave a time limit to answer the question.

Anti Money Laundering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Fairly long and tedious. Must be approved for the SAR or suspicious accounts report exam. They give you a senario with supporting documents and charts, and you must complete the report in 3 hours. After this their is a brief phone interview, then the offer.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

In- person, samples of my work, peer interviews before management interview. It took the company about 3 weeks after I had already been working for them as a contractor to get me into the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• There was a scenario presented that I had to talk about what I would do in a certain situation.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

Intra Company transfers from off-shore to onshore at new york, ny location. The position is challenging and was excited for the same. Intra Company transfers from off-shore to onshore at new york, ny location. The position is challenging and was excited for the same

Interview Questions

• Capable of handling the job   1 Answer

Travel Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

***APPLICATION IS COMPLETE...I HAVE NOT COMPLETED ENTIRE EXPERIENCE YET, so I have not received an offer or a rejection. Just want to help people who are in the beginning or middle of the process so far.

I have completed the application process with a referral from a friend who currently works for Amex. The application itself is easy. In the past I have applied for a position with the in-bound global corporate customer care department. I made it to a phone interview with that position, but unfortunately goofed on my resume with stating I had my degree when I was technically one class short. I told the recruiter that I was one class shy of my degree and she nicely explained to me that American Express verifies everything on my resume and therefore that would look deceptive to a recruiter on paper. I am positive that is why my interview process with that position stopped and I was declined for the position. Between the application and the phone interview, I had to do the online assessment. Make sure you have an uninterrupted, distraction free hour to complete the assessment. It is not terribly difficult, but it did take reading and some serious math skills on my part to finish. I finished the assessment with time left over, and felt good about 90% of my answers.

Interview Questions

• Several questions for this interview were, "Why did you apply for the entry level travel counselor position" "Tell about a time where you provided an extraordinary experience rather than an ordinary experience for someone" "What is your proudest achievement up to this point in your career?" "What is something you are passionate about?"   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed and quick process. I went through 3 rounds including 1 phone, 3 onsite, and then 2 additional onsite. They were all about 30-45 minutes in length. It seemed as though cultural and personality fit really do matter, and it was evident that they appreciated and expected thoughtful answers to all of their questions and cases.

Interview Questions

• Why this role, and why American Express?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for an interview. Recruiter screening was an hour long interview. A couple of weeks after was contacted for a follow-up interview with the hiring manager. That was another hour long interview - went through my qualifications, the role responsibilities, and then behavioral interview questions

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager reviewed the role; went through my qualifications and then asked 4 behavioral questions   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Miami, FL).

Interview

Asking questions to see if I can last a conversation. SIMPLE. Have a cold call before. Do I see myself doing my job. What have you done in the last job?

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

American Express uses the Situation - Action - Outcome model where they ask you to tell about a time that .... and your answer needs to be in the format Describe the Situation, What Action did You Take, What was the Outcome?

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a direct report who was not meeting expectations?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Two back-to-back interviews with both behavioural and case interview questions. The behavioural ones are ok/easy, but those case interview questions are definitely harder. You have to know AMEX's products well enough to answer those questions. Also, I feel like they really care about anything relates to integrity. Be prepared to answer questions that "tell me about a time you betray your moral conducts" or something similar to that.

Interview Questions

• How do you drive up the revenue we can get from supermarkets?   Answer Question