American Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 23, 2017
1,392 Interview Reviews

Platiinum Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Plantation, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Apply on line. If you make that cut there will be a torturous online assessment test that will make you sweat. Next step a 45 minute phone call with a corporate recruiter that will feel like you are being interrogated by Johnny Cochran. If you make that cut you will be fortunate or unfortunate to be invited to their speed dating like group interview with 20-25 leaders at five tables and they ask you those stupid STAR Type questions. If you prepared and studied 5 weeks prior for 7-8 hours a day you will feel so proud of yourself compared to the losers that answer before you but the next day your odds are high that they will send you a rejection letter. You can search the internet or sites like this and just like when a boyfriend or girlfriend breaks up with you , you will never get the answers as to why so prepared and detailed in your responses and you didn't make the cut. No one will give you a clue as to what you could have done differently. It would be easier to get hired as a rocket scientist than to get hired by this company

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between expected customer service and extrodanary service and tell us time when you received extrodanary service.   1 Answer
    • Give us an example of a time you went over and beyond to please a customer   1 Answer

Digital Acquisition Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

My interview process happened to be very long. It began in the beginning of December and stretched through to February from holidays and vacations. First a phone interview with the recruiter, then a phone interview with the director, then an in person interview with the director and the team. Standard but definitely difficult. High pressure.

Interview Questions

• Describe your definition of Product Owner   4 Answers

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The process took almost one month. I was referred by a friend. First I got a email the HR wanted to interview me on the next day, but she disappeared the next day. Later on she contacted me again and we talked about 5 minutes on the phone. Two weeks later I was informed to have an on-site interview with the senior manager and the director. Senior manager asked me some technical things, and the director asked behavioral questions.

Director, Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

first a 30 min phone interview, and then a 3 hour on-site interview with 4 people. They were looking for someone who's experienced data science focused so there was lots of algorithms and coding questions involved.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview, most questions related to project experience, and some SQL and python questions. When on-site, a lot of questions regarding to analytics, algorithms and brain teasers   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

it was a panel interview process with 3 current management level employees all asking situational questions to gauge my experience. the overall experience was very good as I have been a part of this type of interview process in the past.

Interview Questions

• how many people reported to you   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express in January 2017.

Interview

The process takes awhile. Several weeks after submitting online then phone interview. Very nice and conversational type of call. The phone call lasted about 30 minutes. In person interview took another week.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

They take so long to get to you, then you have to wait longer after the initial Recruiter. The Recruiter called back and explained that I needed my prior bosses input . I said I spoke to him and he said he never got a call from them, however they said they spoke.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

I was fortunate to move onto a next interview with the general managers. There it got more specific about technical questions. The interview was done over Skype. They emailed questions and gave a time limit to answer the question.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

The process itself was not engaging and it felt like the interviewer was out to get you and stump you with questions. The interviewer lacked personality and often times gave very lackluster responses to questions. When asked about diversity and inclusion practices, he gave a weak response that I probably could have obtained by researching online.

Interview Questions

• Implement a method for the nth Fibonacci number both recursively and not recursively.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Express in January 2016.

Interview

I applyed for the position part/full time I immediately got a reply back for an assessessment I am not feeling very confident about the assessment I have many many years of customer service and management experience however I so not do well with all the crazy shape assessments and have yet to understand what do finding what triangle come next have to do with taking a phone call in my any years in a call center I have never used that nor do I see how it relate so with that being said I doubt if I will be moving forward in the process I'm just waiting on that dreadful we decided to move forward with other candidates email

Interview Questions

• I have not gotten to interview yet   1 Answer