American Express Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

3.1

SummerMarketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

They were so fast in sending me the online test to complete (1hour) and following passing the test I received the video interview. Most people find it so strange but you are simply recording answers to their questions, most simple but one more challenging question where you think on the spot. I found out soon after that I had got the assessment centre and was delighted.

They only arranged my travel and hotel the day before - very stressful

AC was challenging but enjoyed it (8:30 am - 4pm)

They said they would call me 1 week later

I was called 1 week later but they said they didn't have a decision and would call in 2 weeks - this was very upsetting but I was patient

Called over 2 weeks later to a response that I didn't get the job and at this stage I couldn't be given any feedback - disappointing

Senior Manager, Strategic Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Consulting cases and fit, half and half. Cases generally had both quant and qualitative aspects. Expect behavioural questions (situational) and motivation questions. Each interview is 50minutes. Round 1 has 2 interviews. Round 2 has another 2. Round 3 is a final round with a VP.

Business Development Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Told what was occurring a few weeks before the assessment centre, nothing to prepare for in advance, just revise your competency questions and research the company. Very friendly staff and sympathetic towards nerves (because as assessment centres go, this was early, so everyone was a first-timer). 2 competency interviews - 1 scenarios and other motivation for Amex and B/d. 1 group case study - prioritisation and contribution are key here. 1 individual presentation - study for 45 minutes and present for around 10. Breakfast, networking and lunch. All around a good day, requires focus throughout the day.

Strategic Planning Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

This was a pre-screen call for their MBA internal strategy role. Short (10 min) phone screen to see if they want to bring you in for a full interview. The questions were pretty standard as it really was a very short call. From here, you'll find out fairly shortly whether or not they'll call you in for the full interview.

Interview Questions

• Why American Express? Why SPG?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview began with a walk through of my CV. This was followed by general competancy questions. This was followed by a presentation of analysis completed in a previous role. I guess they were looking to get a sense of each candidates analytical skills. Finally, it finished with questions for the interviewers.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I was approached (after a couple of weeks) by an in-house HR manager from Poland, who simply went through the position and asked some standard HR questions (notice period, salary exp etc). She then arranged another phone interview with a hiring manager, a week later or so. This lasted around 30 mins, the lady (really nice and down-to-earth) went more in-depth through the position, explained the team and asked a few questions based on my CV and past experiences.
    A third (and last) interview was arranged in the London office a couple of weeks later, this time face-to-face with the line manager. It lasted 1h or so and again with an extremely nice and friendly lady, asked a mix of competency-based and scenario-like questions + told me a bit more about the Company, their values etc. In the end I was told a final decision would have given within a week.

It’s been over a month since then and no feedback has been provided even though I’ve tried to follow-up. I guess I’ll have to assume they moved on now. Honestly quite disappointed by how the process was handled, one would expect at least some sort of acknowledgment and a qualitative feedback to be provided considering that no further steps were organised.

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

There was an online interview and coding test in which we had to record our answers to given questions. Then on the assessment day we had 2 interviews- A technical and a competency based. This was followed by a group activity. Everyone was very friendly and they constantly showered us with refreshments.

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online. After a couple of days I receive an email to arrange a telephone interview. The lady over the phone was really nice, but the quality of the questions very questionable. Anyway, after one week I received an email saying that they wouldn't progress the application, without given a reason and I couldn't get hold of the lady I interviewed with.

Technology Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

first stage: phone interview
    second stage: online psychometric test
    third stage: online interview followed by programming challenge
    fourth stage: assessment center including 1:1 interview, technical challenge and board game with other candidates

Interview Questions

• Tell us something innovative you did and how it affected others   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager - Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

The whole process took a bit more than 3 weeks. I had to fill in an online application form, then had 4 interviews ( 1st interview was 20 minutes phone interview with an HR sourcing contact who screen candidate, then the 2nd one was a 45 min phone interview with the hiring lead who asked more specific questions about my background, general interest for the role, and quick knowledge test. The 3rd interview was a face to face interview with the hiring manager as well as 2 other team members. Questions where specific and more technical. The final and 4th interview was with the Director of Interactive development ( or VP); it was a mix of chemistry interview with background review and interest for the role. Final decision is given about 5 days after the last interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a digital product that you like and why?/How would you improve it?   Answer Question