American Express Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

3.1

Business Development Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Told what was occurring a few weeks before the assessment centre, nothing to prepare for in advance, just revise your competency questions and research the company. Very friendly staff and sympathetic towards nerves (because as assessment centres go, this was early, so everyone was a first-timer). 2 competency interviews - 1 scenarios and other motivation for Amex and B/d. 1 group case study - prioritisation and contribution are key here. 1 individual presentation - study for 45 minutes and present for around 10. Breakfast, networking and lunch. All around a good day, requires focus throughout the day.

SummerMarketing Interview

Application

Interview

They were so fast in sending me the online test to complete (1hour) and following passing the test I received the video interview. Most people find it so strange but you are simply recording answers to their questions, most simple but one more challenging question where you think on the spot. I found out soon after that I had got the assessment centre and was delighted.

They only arranged my travel and hotel the day before - very stressful

AC was challenging but enjoyed it (8:30 am - 4pm)

They said they would call me 1 week later

I was called 1 week later but they said they didn't have a decision and would call in 2 weeks - this was very upsetting but I was patient

Called over 2 weeks later to a response that I didn't get the job and at this stage I couldn't be given any feedback - disappointing

Technology Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

first stage: phone interview
    second stage: online psychometric test
    third stage: online interview followed by programming challenge
    fourth stage: assessment center including 1:1 interview, technical challenge and board game with other candidates

Interview Questions

• Tell us something innovative you did and how it affected others   Answer Question

HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very thorough! An assessment (IQ, logic, numeracy and customer service scenarios), a recorded HireVue interview, and finally a live HireVue interview with a task. They kept me exceptionally up to date throughout the process and I have now been offered the position subject to background checks

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

I had three interviews. One competency and 2 case studies. I met with HR initially and then with hiring leader and his peers. It was very formal but they were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you drove results?
      How do you communicate difficult news?
      Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was very friendly and encouraging. I had to apply online followed by 2 phone interviews including a case study preparation and presentation as well as an interview with senior management.

Placement Student: Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

Initial CV, Covering Letter. After screening CV and Covering letter, initial telephone interview. Assessed about knowledge of excel and the company. Few competency based questions.
    Final assessment centre: Networking lunch (try and get noticed about , expected to prepare a presentation about the Amex business and two competency based interviews).

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

I went through 2 interviews. Group and individual. It was a tough environment, almost a bit pack fight mentality to seperate the weak from the chaff. But, a great sense of achievment lies if you are up to the challenge and good enough to come through the other end.

Interview Questions

• How does the history of AMEX effect its aquisition strategy going forward.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy enough, limited negotiation experience meant I was happy to accept what they offered me-which seemed (and still does) to be reasonable.

Analyst, Strategic Planning Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Description for London. A very similar process to all other consulting jobs - submit your CV, take an online assessment. If you are successful, you have 2 interviews in the first round, 2 in the second round, and one as the final round. All have two parts - CV part and a case part. Very similar to the consulting top companies - McKinsey and such.

Interview Questions

• No very ugly questions. Be prepared to answer what other companies you are applying for and why you prefer American Express. I was asked in the second round by both interviewers these questions and they went after me. Know how to solve case studies, the ones given to me were not extremely difficult, but practice, practice, practice makes perfect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - their offer was generous for a starting salary, the graduate programme looked promising.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial application
    Numerical, VErbal and personality SHL test
    Application screening
    Telephone interview
    Assessment day
    Offer

The assessment day is made up of 2 interview, a case study, group exercise and a presentation

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with current affairs
      Your degree has nothing to do with Marketing - why do you want to do this
      How do you time manage