American Express Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

3.1

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied through university recruitment programme. Application process required a cover letter and CV. First round had 2 interview which was mainly behavioural/fit questions. Second round was pretty much the same as the first round expect a lot of questions around motivation.

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)).

Interview

There was an online interview and coding test in which we had to record our answers to given questions. Then on the assessment day we had 2 interviews- A technical and a competency based. This was followed by a group activity. Everyone was very friendly and they constantly showered us with refreshments.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Painfully slow process, the Sourcing Partner in charge of the initial stages has no inclination to work whatsoever. It took him weeks to set up the first interview, which was a phone interview just with him! The Amex career website did not work for days so I could not access the updated job description. Instead I was sent a word document with highlighted edits all over it. Very unprofessional. When we finally got round to having the first interview, I was told at the end of it that it was refreshing to find a candidate with the right experience like me, as they had been unsuccessfully trying to recruit for months. He said the Hiring Manager was on annual leave for Christmas until early January and that they'd get back to me then. 8 weeks later, I am still waiting. I sent the Sourcing Partner a follow-up email that he ignored. All in all, an incredibly unprofessional and inefficient behaviour that has put me off from working at American Express for good.

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions: why this job? Why American Express? What in you previous experience makes you think that you are a suitable candidate for this job?   Answer Question

UAT Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview was very easy and casual.Team manager and Testing manager were present and they briefed about the project and the expectations for the role. No Technical Questions were asked.They just judged my confidence level and communication skills.The whole interview lasted for 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe about my Previous Projects and how familiar I am with QC.   Answer Question

Payments Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

One round interview with the hiring manager, all cv bases questions and very relaxed and easy. Qs based on previous role and around client facing experience and if I was a good fit or if I would enjoy the job.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very disappointing, slow, uninformative. I spoke to a HR women for 20 minutes. Waited a month, kept chasing her. She then said she had more information about the role so I had another 10 minute interview where she asked 2 more very basic questions. Waited another few weeks, chased her. She said "Due to the role being previously placed on a hold process, we have had to reopen for further candidates to apply." She said I should hear in 2 more weeks. I didn't and I got another great job in that time. The whole process was a complete waste of time and the role obvious wasn't a real role. I was very disappointed in American Express for wasting my time.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone call with HR focused on basic CV Q&A, Followed by 3 round of interviews. The First was focused on behavioral questions, other two focused on business cases which were pretty simple.

Strategic Planning Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

This was a pre-screen call for their MBA internal strategy role. Short (10 min) phone screen to see if they want to bring you in for a full interview. The questions were pretty standard as it really was a very short call. From here, you'll find out fairly shortly whether or not they'll call you in for the full interview.

Interview Questions

• Why American Express? Why SPG?   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

They asked me to take them through my resume. After which they asked me how I would behave in 5 or 6 scenarios. Overall to took 1hr.

Interview Questions

• Detail a time where you had to work across business units to come up with an innovative solution to a complex problem.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in December 2008.

Interview

They only have guidelines. My interview process consisted of a 1st round & final round interview with the same person!

Interview Questions

• I find Amex interviews very structured with a lot of focus on competency-based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay structure is very rigid and managers who are recruited from the outside star on £50k-£60k.