American Express Manager Sales Effectiveness and Training Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Manager Sales Effectiveness and Training

American Express Manager Sales Effectiveness and Training Interview Questions

Interviews at American Express

1 Interview Review

Manager Sales Effectiveness and Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in January 2007.

Interview

I applied for the position directly via the AMEX career website. In less than a week I was contacted and scheduled a phone interview within the busines unit I was to work for. The interview lasted about 1 hour and followed the progression of my career according to my resume. It was conducted by a Director level individual. I was also asked to share specific examples of how to tackle some of the problems that I would encounter in the job. The interview went well and at the end, the interviewer said that I had passed and that they would like me to progress to the next step. This was an interview with her superior. This interview lasted about an hour and covered much of what was covered in the first session. I passed and for the third step, she said it would involve preparing a mock training plan and also delivering a presentation to the prospective team that I was to work with. Several days later I was called and given my topics as well as settling on a date. I took a day off of work from my current job to prepare the presentation and training plan. It was very professionally developed and designed. I arrived on the day of the presentation and spent several hours at their corporate headquarters. The first hour I delivered the presentation and discussed my training plan. The team asked me very specific questions. This was in a small conference room and the members were casually dressed and some of them younger than I, so the atmosphere was quite relaxed. Afterwards, I interviewed with the second phone interviewer. Questions this time mostly revolved arround how serious I was about the position and when could I start. I was clear I was very interested and could start soon. For a final step, I was asked to come a week later and interview with the Vice President of the department. This interview was the most serious in atmosphere as the VP was very interested in how my current role fit into the organization and what type of management structure I was in. The most particular question I was asked was did my boss consider me his best employee. This interview lasted less than an hour. Afterwards, I was shown around the office by the woman who initially interviewed me on the phone the first time. When I was leaving to go, I was told I would hear from them in two weeks, with the Director had returned from an overseas business trip. Two weeks later, I had not heard anything, so I contacted the original interviewer. I was told the company was reviewing the position. I followed up again a week later and recieved a similar response. Finally, I recieved word that there was a hiring freeze and that they would contact me a month later. About 90 days later I received a brief message saying they were no longer considering creation of that position.

Interview Questions