American Express Marketing Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.9

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screening with a Senior Analyst about the role. I was asked a series of questions regarding why I would be a good fit for the role and what I liked about it. I interviewed with Americans Express in June 2017.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process is standard for a large company like American Express. However, I felt it was disorganized, and that influenced my decision to decline an offer. They use an HR agency, so the people who screened me were a little out of touch. There were many threads of communication - three people were handling my application on the HR side, which lead to lots of confusion over who to speak to and about what. After that, I had 4 interviews with 2 managers, a senior manager, and a director. Coordinating these interviews were a little insane - I had to come in for two rounds, but two interviews were done virtually due to a coordinating snafu. Even the hiring manager expressed some resentment over the HR system. Overall very disorganized and everyone asked me the same exact questions. I was offered a very generous salary that was fair and calculated based on my current position and role - however, I turned it down for a better opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Why American Express?   1 Answer
    • What is the first thing you think you'll do on the job?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a scenario where you had to analyze data. Tell me about a scenario when you faced a problem at work (any problem).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

The position I applied is for the Affiliate program. Started with a phone interview with a contracted recruiter, who honestly didn't know the full extent of what the team is looking for. And then I met with recruiting managers onsite. I was a little surprised they didn't get back to me after the onsite interview. As someone previously mentioned, it was a little unprofessional given the fact that it's AMEX. If they haven't reached out to you in a week or two, then you should probably move on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      3 strengths and 3 weaknesses (keep it to the point)
      How does your past experience relate to this job.
      Why American Express.
      What kind of marketing content have you been working with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The first round was a telephonic interview, the company was looking to augment their credit card business by rolling out schemes and needed credit analysts. I got this through a consultancy that I applied via my university career portal.

Interview Questions

• I was given a scenario where if a new scheme was being rolled out: If a customer spent $30 on itunes he would get cash back of $5. What important aspects or info would you look at to roll out such a scheme.

I was then asked from my past experiences, an instance where you directly benefitted the company, explanation how I went about it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for every marketing analyst position I could. Also if you get multiple interviews try not to tell each group your interviewing for other groups...be vague and don't tell recruiter or else they'll fix you with only one team when techinically their policy goes against that

Interview Questions

• Make sure to know how Amex makes money and their history...give good reasons for why Amex and tell the group their your first choice   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got offered 70k and negotiated to 75k... I wish I had negotiated to 80k ....I believe for marketing analyst they can technically go to 82k so definitely negotiate even if you told them you were fine with their initial offer ...esp if the group works longer hours than the 9 to 5 which some groups do!!!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews:
    -Initial Phone Screen with HR (Approx 20-30 min) Basic questions to gauge my interest in the position. I was contacted about a week after the initial phone screen to set up the in person interviews.
    -In person 45 minute interview with 2 directors that I would be working with.
    -1 Phone Interview with a VP (Approx 20-30 min). I received my offer about 2 weeks after the final interview.

Overall, the interview process was well organized.

Interview Questions

• Why Amex? Mostly behavioral based questions at the in person interview. What is your salary range? How did you hear about Amex? Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Interview

Went through a series of phone screenings and then came in for an in person interview. I met with three different people and had three separate 30 minute interviews with each of them.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Strenuous but fair, had 3 people interviewing me and the interview lasted about 1.5hrs where I was peppered with questions on my technical experience and background for each role I had on my resume. 1 interviewer kept coming back to certain key points and follow-up questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your main strengths, why did you leave your last job,   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer and counteroffer with the staffing agency

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Three-step process: phone screening, director/manager phone interview, on-site interview. The phone screening is by a regular recruiter to gauge your interest in the job and a partial rehashing of your resume. You will be setup with a director or similar manager for a more detailed discussion of your background and job goals. I think this is where I didn't make the cut because I said I was interested in doing more analytics when asked about my dream job. The director said the role was more of marketing and partnerships, since the data heavy lifting was done by their software engineers. The interview was otherwise easy with a few STAR questions.

The director took a month to reply with a rejection but at least I received a notice. If I had made it to the final round, it would have been an on-site meeting.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was a little under 2 months. The questions they asked were pretty standard. Meeting with the whole team took a while. Overall, the interview process was the norm.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to see more from our team?   1 Answer