American Express Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Express Marketing Interview Questions

3.3

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Two back-to-back interviews with both behavioural and case interview questions. The behavioural ones are ok/easy, but those case interview questions are definitely harder. You have to know AMEX's products well enough to answer those questions. Also, I feel like they really care about anything relates to integrity. Be prepared to answer questions that "tell me about a time you betray your moral conducts" or something similar to that.

Interview Questions

• How do you drive up the revenue we can get from supermarkets?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

There were two rounds. One on campus interview and one Superday at the office in NYC. The first was two 30 minute interviews and the superday was two 45 minute interviews. Each of the interviews required me to answer both behavioral and hypothetical case questions. The case questions were very vague and really served to show how I thought not necessarily the quality of my answers. The best way to prepare for the interview is to know your resume front and back and how each experience would make you a good candidate for the job youre going out for. Also, I would do a lot of research about the company. Know how they use big data, the closed loop system, and the purpose of coffee chats. I would also know a few programs they do outside of their core business model like their 1:1 model and small business saturdays. The more you show you know about the company the better you will look!

Interview Questions

• We are introducing a new corporate card for the healthcare industry. How would you gage the success of the card and how would you know whether or not to implement this campaign into the market.   Answer Question
    • We are having trouble having customers use their Amex cards at supermarkets. How would you have card holders make more purchasers there?   Answer Question
    • What is a time you've an encountered an unethical decision or have done something unethical and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • How does your experience prove you deserve a job at American Express   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First round interviews were over skype; two back to back then if you final round Amex flies you out to NYC. There is another 2 back to back interviews with similar questions. All the interviewers were extremely kind and professional; however, Amex's internal recruiting team lacks organization and is very unprofessional - they tend to ignore your emails or phone calls.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to go against your own morals, describe mobile payment trends   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interview

Just received a first round interview. It consisted of two back to back 30 minute interviews. Basic behavioral questions and some technical marketing questions too. The overall experience was pretty good, the interviewers were nice and nodded when they believed your answers were on track.

Interview Questions

• How would you market a credit card for a supermarket? How would you know which geographic ares to expand the credit card to? How would you measure the success of a new credit card?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

I applied through my university and was selected for a first-round interview. There were 2 45-minute back-to-back interviews. Questions were mostly behavioral, but a few were situational. Interviewers were reading the questions off of a sheet and taking notes, so the interviews didn't feel very spontaneous. The interviewers were nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision.
      Tell me about a time you had to handle a stressful situation.
      If you were told you had to lead marketing campaigns in 3 cities, what questions would you ask and how would you implement the campaigns?

+ plenty of other questions already posted by others.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

First round interviews were supposed to be in person on campus, but were done over the phone due to snow. Second round interviews involved traveling to the company's office in NYC. Heard back on hiring process in 3 to 5 business days after second round. Both interviews entailed two 45 minute interviews with different representatives from the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work to meet a deadline. Describe a time when you had to do what was right even if it wasn't the easiest thing to do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Two rounds. 1st was on campus and consisted of two 45 min interviews. These two focused on behavioral and situational, though most time was spent on one vague situational question. The 2nd round was super day at their NY office. This consisted of 30 min interviews and were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What would you need to know when selecting two international markets to focus your product on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Process was very smooth and quick. Everything happened within a weeks times between the first and second interview. Amex responded quickly within 24 hours after the interviews and the questions and structure of the interview were what were to be expected. Unlike other companies I interviewed for, Amex took a keen interest in my extracurricular interests, which most definitely embodies the type of culture they have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Initially a HR coordinator type person make a quick call, do minimum screening such as the if the candidate's expected salary range is within their range. Then this person or another person set up a call with a recruiter, who will check on minimum qualifications and if the opportunity is suitable to the candidate. Then the original HR person or someone else coordinate the phone interview with the hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Huge building swarming with people doing analytics. Very difficult to see how one would make a contribution...even the people interviewing me had a difficult time describing that they contributed or even their departments. Friendly people, but seemed lost.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example where you were literally frightened to present.   1 Answer