American Express Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Express Marketing Manager Interview Questions

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

First round: Initial phone screen with HR. Second round: Met with direct manager and two other members from would-be team. Third round: Had to present two different case studies to two VP's, where details of the case study were given the night before. Overall, thorough interview process since they covered all: job competency, fit with team, and thought process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to move? What are some of your strengths/weaknesses? How have you dealt with difficult client and what was the result?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Mixture of "normal" questions on background and competency-based questions. Demonstrating you've worked on some kind of cross-functional type of project is good and important. Be prepared for telling a time when you developed a strategy for a new product or process and how you implemented it.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you managed a situation where there was opposing views and you needed to drive consensus.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2011.

Interview

The bazaar interview question that I was asked was: "What would make you so crazy, crazy that you would want to kill someone?"

Interview Questions

• Word for word: What would make you so crazy, crazy that you would want to kill someone??   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

I applied online through the site. After about 2weeks, I was contacted for an interview. I did my research, many alums from my school work at Amex, and I read that they promote heavily from within....which had me wondering why that wasn't the case for this role.
    In any case, they took awhile to get back to me after I applied. I had a phone interview/screen with the HR/recruiter. I thought I did ok. I had another offer in my pocket, so I wasn't sweating it. She claimed they had a quick turnaround and will get back to me in a day, max 2. She didn't!
    She sent an email saying the position had been filled from within (never would've guessed) but that they would have another similar position open in a few weeks. I'll pass.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

On campus interview

Interview Questions

• What are all the drivers for revenue for the charge card?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in August 2008.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager and a couple of her colleagues. Had a good interview but felt right from the start that I was not being seriously considered. Interviewers were all pretentious and couldn't wait to get out of there because I did not want the job any longer.

Interview Questions

• What question do you wish I had asked you which I haven't already?   2 Answers

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 1 round with HR and 2 rounds with the business. The entire process was completed within 2 weeks. The interview questions were competency based and questions about my past work experiences were also asked.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to do a presentation that I had previously done to pitch a product, sharing the thought process behind it.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

1) Phone interview with internal AMEX recruiter. Simple and basic screening questions.
    2) Phone interview with Director based in the US.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. It was conversational for both interviews.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express in June 2010.

Interview

Fairly standard interview process. Phone screen with HR. Round 1 of in-person interviews consisted of three interviews, one of which was geared to assess cultural fit. Final round was with the hiring manager. All interviews were standard behavioral interviews, no case interviews. The first round happened on a Monday, final round was that Friday. Received an offer by the following Tuesday or Wednesday.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Express in October 2008.

Interview

American Express like asking behavioral questions in their interviews. They like hearing how you handle certain situations (mostly bad) and how you handle them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with adversity and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question