American Express Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

American Express Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jun 13, 2017

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screening with a Senior Analyst about the role. I was asked a series of questions regarding why I would be a good fit for the role and what I liked about it. I interviewed with Americans Express in June 2017.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

* I applied online through their AMEX career site* Got an email from a recruiter after 10 days. * Phone interview with HR scheduled. * HR asked about my current role, interest for the posion, avalabilty, skillsets * In person interview with 3 persons 30 minutes each

Interview Questions

• # Why Amex? # What is your weakness # Why are you a great fit # Existing job role # 1 case study # Asked to resolve an ongoing issue with the team   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I was contacted for a phone screen with HR 2.5 weeks later. A week later I met in person with 4 employees, two at a time for 30 minutes each. I had a phone interview with the director (works remotely) a week after the in-person interviews. I received an update via email from HR that I was not selected for the role the week after.

Interview Questions

• Where do you expect to see yourself after 30-60-90 days in this role?   Answer Question
    • Speak of a time you caught a problem that no one else caught, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and received an email within two weeks from the recruiter for an initial phone interview. The phone interview with the recruiter was very informative and professional, and covered an overview of the interview process. The recruiter then scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager where we discussed my background, interests, and why I want to work for American Express.

Business Strategy Execution Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

1. Initial phone screening with a recruiter (30 minutes): Pretty basic questions about your background and why you want to work for Amex and/or Business Strategy Execution Team
    2. Phone Interview with Director (30 minutes): More behavioral than initial screening, with some overlap regarding why you want to work for company and team
    3. In-person two-part Interview with Directors (1 hour): The first part is a case (30 minutes), and the second part is a PowerPoint presentation on a topic of your choice (30 minutes)
    4. In-person interview with VP (30 minutes): A combination of behavioral questions and fit questions

Pros: Everyone with whom I interviewed was very nice, which put me at ease almost immediately
    Cons: The process took an extremely a long time

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

The position I applied is for the Affiliate program. Started with a phone interview with a contracted recruiter, who honestly didn't know the full extent of what the team is looking for. And then I met with recruiting managers onsite. I was a little surprised they didn't get back to me after the onsite interview. As someone previously mentioned, it was a little unprofessional given the fact that it's AMEX. If they haven't reached out to you in a week or two, then you should probably move on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      3 strengths and 3 weaknesses (keep it to the point)
      How does your past experience relate to this job.
      Why American Express.
      What kind of marketing content have you been working with?
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the Amex website and received a call a week later by a general recruiter. She didn't know much about the job but was verifying graduation, previous employment, accomplishments and strengths/weaknesses. The next week I went in for an in person interview with a Director and Senior Manager. The following week I spoke with a VP and the received an offer the week after.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Why are you leaving your current job?
      What are your weaknesses?
      What can you bring to the team?
      Have you dealt with large amounts of data?
      Do you have experience multitasking?
      1 Answer

MBD Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

Ridiculously drawn out and inconsiderate of your time. Definitely a picture of what is to come. There are questions asked that are designed to trip you up which is not cool.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in high school.   1 Answer

Manager - Security Investigative Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The process began with an initial phone call from someone in Human Resources to obtain more background and experience information. The call was very informal and primarily serves as an introduction to the remainder of the interview and hiring process. The interview itself was done by video on demand via HireVue and consisted of six questions. The interview last approximately 25 minutes and can be completed in the comfort of you home or office.

Interview Questions

• How do you believe your background and experience qualifies you for the position?   Answer Question
    • What do you like about the company?   Answer Question
    • How do you think your skills and experience will benefit the company?   Answer Question

Digital Acquisition Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

My interview process happened to be very long. It began in the beginning of December and stretched through to February from holidays and vacations. First a phone interview with the recruiter, then a phone interview with the director, then an in person interview with the director and the team. Standard but definitely difficult. High pressure.

Interview Questions

• Describe your definition of Product Owner   4 Answers