American Express Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

American Express Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Jun 13, 2017

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The process took almost one month. I was referred by a friend. First I got a email the HR wanted to interview me on the next day, but she disappeared the next day. Later on she contacted me again and we talked about 5 minutes on the phone. Two weeks later I was informed to have an on-site interview with the senior manager and the director. Senior manager asked me some technical things, and the director asked behavioral questions.

Director, Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

first a 30 min phone interview, and then a 3 hour on-site interview with 4 people. They were looking for someone who's experienced data science focused so there was lots of algorithms and coding questions involved.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview, most questions related to project experience, and some SQL and python questions. When on-site, a lot of questions regarding to analytics, algorithms and brain teasers   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

it was a panel interview process with 3 current management level employees all asking situational questions to gauge my experience. the overall experience was very good as I have been a part of this type of interview process in the past.

Interview Questions

• how many people reported to you   1 Answer

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

I was fortunate to move onto a next interview with the general managers. There it got more specific about technical questions. The interview was done over Skype. They emailed questions and gave a time limit to answer the question.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

The process itself was not engaging and it felt like the interviewer was out to get you and stump you with questions. The interviewer lacked personality and often times gave very lackluster responses to questions. When asked about diversity and inclusion practices, he gave a weak response that I probably could have obtained by researching online.

Interview Questions

• Implement a method for the nth Fibonacci number both recursively and not recursively.   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

In- person, samples of my work, peer interviews before management interview. It took the company about 3 weeks after I had already been working for them as a contractor to get me into the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• There was a scenario presented that I had to talk about what I would do in a certain situation.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

Intra Company transfers from off-shore to onshore at new york, ny location. The position is challenging and was excited for the same. Intra Company transfers from off-shore to onshore at new york, ny location. The position is challenging and was excited for the same

Interview Questions

• Capable of handling the job   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed and quick process. I went through 3 rounds including 1 phone, 3 onsite, and then 2 additional onsite. They were all about 30-45 minutes in length. It seemed as though cultural and personality fit really do matter, and it was evident that they appreciated and expected thoughtful answers to all of their questions and cases.

Interview Questions

• Why this role, and why American Express?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

There were two rounds. One on campus interview and one Superday at the office in NYC. The first was two 30 minute interviews and the superday was two 45 minute interviews. Each of the interviews required me to answer both behavioral and hypothetical case questions. The case questions were very vague and really served to show how I thought not necessarily the quality of my answers. The best way to prepare for the interview is to know your resume front and back and how each experience would make you a good candidate for the job youre going out for. Also, I would do a lot of research about the company. Know how they use big data, the closed loop system, and the purpose of coffee chats. I would also know a few programs they do outside of their core business model like their 1:1 model and small business saturdays. The more you show you know about the company the better you will look!

Interview Questions

• We are introducing a new corporate card for the healthcare industry. How would you gage the success of the card and how would you know whether or not to implement this campaign into the market.   Answer Question
    • We are having trouble having customers use their Amex cards at supermarkets. How would you have card holders make more purchasers there?   Answer Question
    • What is a time you've an encountered an unethical decision or have done something unethical and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • How does your experience prove you deserve a job at American Express   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my salary.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 4 people. They were all incredibly intelligent and knowledgeable of the position. They really explained the role and discussed the culture of the group. They definitely wanted the right fit and to make sure I meshed well with the rest of the team!

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was an internal hire and there was a negotiation freeze on lateral moves