American Express Interview Questions in New York State | Glassdoor

American Express Interview Questions in New York State

Updated Mar 30, 2017

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and received an email within two weeks from the recruiter for an initial phone interview. The phone interview with the recruiter was very informative and professional, and covered an overview of the interview process. The recruiter then scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager where we discussed my background, interests, and why I want to work for American Express.

Business Strategy Execution Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

1. Initial phone screening with a recruiter (30 minutes): Pretty basic questions about your background and why you want to work for Amex and/or Business Strategy Execution Team
    2. Phone Interview with Director (30 minutes): More behavioral than initial screening, with some overlap regarding why you want to work for company and team
    3. In-person two-part Interview with Directors (1 hour): The first part is a case (30 minutes), and the second part is a PowerPoint presentation on a topic of your choice (30 minutes)
    4. In-person interview with VP (30 minutes): A combination of behavioral questions and fit questions

Pros: Everyone with whom I interviewed was very nice, which put me at ease almost immediately
    Cons: The process took an extremely a long time

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

The position I applied is for the Affiliate program. Started with a phone interview with a contracted recruiter, who honestly didn't know the full extent of what the team is looking for. And then I met with recruiting managers onsite. I was a little surprised they didn't get back to me after the onsite interview. As someone previously mentioned, it was a little unprofessional given the fact that it's AMEX. If they haven't reached out to you in a week or two, then you should probably move on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      3 strengths and 3 weaknesses (keep it to the point)
      How does your past experience relate to this job.
      Why American Express.
      What kind of marketing content have you been working with?
      Answer Question

MBD Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

Ridiculously drawn out and inconsiderate of your time. Definitely a picture of what is to come. There are questions asked that are designed to trip you up which is not cool.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in high school.   1 Answer

Manager - Security Investigative Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The process began with an initial phone call from someone in Human Resources to obtain more background and experience information. The call was very informal and primarily serves as an introduction to the remainder of the interview and hiring process. The interview itself was done by video on demand via HireVue and consisted of six questions. The interview last approximately 25 minutes and can be completed in the comfort of you home or office.

Interview Questions

• How do you believe your background and experience qualifies you for the position?   Answer Question
    • What do you like about the company?   Answer Question
    • How do you think your skills and experience will benefit the company?   Answer Question

Digital Acquisition Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

My interview process happened to be very long. It began in the beginning of December and stretched through to February from holidays and vacations. First a phone interview with the recruiter, then a phone interview with the director, then an in person interview with the director and the team. Standard but definitely difficult. High pressure.

Interview Questions

• Describe your definition of Product Owner   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The process took almost one month. I was referred by a friend. First I got a email the HR wanted to interview me on the next day, but she disappeared the next day. Later on she contacted me again and we talked about 5 minutes on the phone. Two weeks later I was informed to have an on-site interview with the senior manager and the director. Senior manager asked me some technical things, and the director asked behavioral questions.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

I was fortunate to move onto a next interview with the general managers. There it got more specific about technical questions. The interview was done over Skype. They emailed questions and gave a time limit to answer the question.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

The process itself was not engaging and it felt like the interviewer was out to get you and stump you with questions. The interviewer lacked personality and often times gave very lackluster responses to questions. When asked about diversity and inclusion practices, he gave a weak response that I probably could have obtained by researching online.

Interview Questions

• Implement a method for the nth Fibonacci number both recursively and not recursively.   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

In- person, samples of my work, peer interviews before management interview. It took the company about 3 weeks after I had already been working for them as a contractor to get me into the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• There was a scenario presented that I had to talk about what I would do in a certain situation.   1 Answer