American Express Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

American Express Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ

Updated May 7, 2017

Travel & Lifestyles Consultant Virtual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

This process was all done in 3 stages. The initial interview was done via telephone and lasted about 45 minutes. The second interview was done on the phone and computer simultaneously. You along with several other candidates log in on the computer and dial in on the phone. There are 4 managers and 1 facilitator in the room from Amex. Everyone introduces themselves and speak briefly about their background. After that, you and one other candidate go into a breakout room with one of the managers. There is general conversation and you are asked to answer 1 question. Then you return to the main room and meet with the other 3 managers one by one separately in private rooms. You are asked 1 question. Each session last no longer than 4 minutes and it goes by very quickly. The third part is either you get an email stating you were not accepted or a telephone call saying that you were with your starting date and salary.

Interview Questions

• Amex wants you to answer the questions using the STAR format.   Answer Question

Anti Money Laundering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Fairly long and tedious. Must be approved for the SAR or suspicious accounts report exam. They give you a senario with supporting documents and charts, and you must complete the report in 3 hours. After this their is a brief phone interview, then the offer.

Travel Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

***APPLICATION IS COMPLETE...I HAVE NOT COMPLETED ENTIRE EXPERIENCE YET, so I have not received an offer or a rejection. Just want to help people who are in the beginning or middle of the process so far.

I have completed the application process with a referral from a friend who currently works for Amex. The application itself is easy. In the past I have applied for a position with the in-bound global corporate customer care department. I made it to a phone interview with that position, but unfortunately goofed on my resume with stating I had my degree when I was technically one class short. I told the recruiter that I was one class shy of my degree and she nicely explained to me that American Express verifies everything on my resume and therefore that would look deceptive to a recruiter on paper. I am positive that is why my interview process with that position stopped and I was declined for the position. Between the application and the phone interview, I had to do the online assessment. Make sure you have an uninterrupted, distraction free hour to complete the assessment. It is not terribly difficult, but it did take reading and some serious math skills on my part to finish. I finished the assessment with time left over, and felt good about 90% of my answers.

Interview Questions

• Several questions for this interview were, "Why did you apply for the entry level travel counselor position" "Tell about a time where you provided an extraordinary experience rather than an ordinary experience for someone" "What is your proudest achievement up to this point in your career?" "What is something you are passionate about?"   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

On campus interview and flown out to Pheonix for Super Days. The Super Days included about 77 candidates of which they made offers to 20 of. Overall I thought it was a good interview process but the coding questions were a little unreasonable given the time contstraints

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Very easy 30 minute phone interview. A few weeks later they flew me out to Phoenix for an onsite. The company building looks very nice. The onsite interview process is pretty easy as well. They ask you weird brain twister type problems for some reason which is a little archaic for modern tech companies (i.e how many jellybeans fit in a school bus). There is also a group coding interview where a group of 4-5 applicants solve a moderate difficulty Hackerrank problem. My recruiter was extremely condescending and rude so she made the experience stressful and negative. When you get an offer, you have to accept it within a week - no questions asked. Also their starting salary is much lower than most other companies (mostly because Phoenix has such low cost of living).

Interview Questions

• How many jelly beans can fit in a bus?   1 Answer

HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Applied online, was sent an email to complete assessment. Then received an email to complete video interview where you answer 6 questions and the interview is just answering the questions and being recorded. A few days later, I was called by HR and she asked a few questions to see if I was a good candidate for the position. This lasted about 45 minutes because she was writing all my answers down. She then told me that she wanted to proceed and that I had an interview with the hiring managers a week later. So, the interview with the hiring managers is a bit strange. The best way to describe it is like speed dating. You are passed around to 2 hiring managers to answer questions and then to a team leader for a group interview. HR, the hiring managers, and the team leader all use the STAR method.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Very professional. I was contacted after the interview telling me I did great and they wanted to go to the next step. I never heard from them again. I followed up they told me they were very interested but we're very busy onboarding. I followed up again and was told they were interested. I was contacted 4 times by different recruiters wanting an initial interview. I told them I had interviewed and would go through the initial process. Nothing ever happened. I think the company has a process break down and do not think I will consider them. I imagine a chaotic environment inside based on this experience.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Express (Tempe, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Very friendly and encouraging! The interview was broken up into two 30 minute sections on the college campus. Mostly behavioural questions and a few techincal questions as well. Mostly based object oriented programming.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

I met with American Express representatives at a school career fair, and scheduled an interview with them the next day. This first round of interviews consisted of 30 minutes of resume review and logic questions, and another 30 minutes of writing programs on paper. It was absurdly easy. Basic intro class stuff. The second interview I had with them was at a "Super Day." That was a 5 hour event of an individual interview (similar format to the first interview), an online coding assessment, and an online group coding assessment (in a group of 4-5). The coding assessments were much harder, and possibly harder than any technical interview I had ever done.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

First round consisted of two interviews on campus with a mix of technical, behavioral, and brain teaser type questions. Second round was on-sight at their Phoenix location and consisted of a one on one interview and two coding assessments.