American Express Platinum Customer Care Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Express Platinum Customer Care Professional Interview Questions

Interviews at American Express

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (Newark, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was 25 minutes long and done in a virtual setting. You are required to answer 5 questions and given 2 minutes to do so. The interview takes place in a virtual setting and will be view at a later time. Your answers are recorded via webcam and you are not given a second opportunity to answer. If you mess up on your first answer it is submitted. No second chances.

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Express (Plantation, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

After submitting the online application, I was emailed a link for the assessment. It was follwed by a phone interview, which was very detailed. The meet and greet with the leadership team was the following week, and lastly was the face-to-face with the hiring manager. Many steps, but simple.

Interview Questions

• Of the Blue Box values, (shown on a chart) which is the most important and why?   Answer Question

Platinum Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Express in January 2016.

Interview

I applied multiple times and was never given the opportunity until now to even be granted and interview. I am usually not nervous as I have worked in all aspects of customer service. I found the hirevue interview process unique but I was also very nervous. I find that live interviews with another person is better. I received that dear John email and was left feeling very discouraged. It sucks being turned down, my mother worked for the company and I wanted to as well, I am determined and will just apply for other positions.

Interview Questions

• My questions seemed to ask the same thing   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time you gave extraordinary service and a time when you were rewarded for your customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Plantation, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied on January 4th, 4 hours later, received an email to complete an assessment online. January 6th received an email invitation to complete an online interview thru HireRight. After the virtual interview I received a phone call from a recruiter to do a phone interview, the phone interview took about an hour to complete. Received another email on January 8th about an hour later inviting me to an in person meet and greet, which is a group interview of 25 Candidates. January 15th was the meet and greet which is a very different interview process, However it is one that will help you grow and keep you on your toes. Received an offer on January 21st to which I happily accepted. The background process started on January 21st as well and was completed on January 28th. All I can say is the process is lengthy but for good reason, American Express only hire the best Candidates for their company.

Interview Questions

• Why American Express? Which Blue Box Value do you most relate to and why? Tell us about a time when you provided exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Plantation, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and took the assessment. 2 days later I received a phone call to welcome me to do a hire right interview(a recorded interview of yourself), than the next day I did a phone interview with the recruiter. The next day I had a group interview with about 15 other applicants. Definitely different than all other interviews I've had before.. It is described as a speed dating event. Same night I got the call offering the position with a successful background check. The background check takes a month to complete. Got the final email stating I got the job and I start this Monday! Long process but totally worth it. Great experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (Sunrise, FL) in September 2018.

Interview

Fast process. Three days from application I had already completed virtual interview and had a phone interview scheduled. virtual interview is odd...but the way it is going now. use the practice option until you feel fully prepared

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

Group greet and meet. Given sheet with information to prepare for role play. Objective to prevent customer from canceling & upsell card member on higher annual fee. The rest of question were all behavioral based.
    Tell me a time when ...

Interview Questions

• Behavioral type questions ...
      Tell me a time when you dealt with an irate customer ...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hialeah, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express (Hialeah, FL) in March 2019.

Interview

After applying, I got an email the very next day from a Team Recruiter inviting me for a phone interview. I spoke with her the next morning and was asked why I wanted to work with Amex. She verified all the details on my application were correct, and before ending the call, she informed me that she would like to move forward with the interview process. I received an invitation to complete a video (recorded) interview within 48 hours. The video interview consisted of 3 STAR interview questions and 2 Yes/No questions. The Team Recruiter emailed me the following day to schedule a meet and greet as well as a video call the day prior to prepare me. During the meet and greet, I interviewed along with 9 other candidates and we were introduced to 10 team leaders who were to conduct the interview process. The process consisted of 5 tables with each table having 2-3 candidates at a time. 4 of the tables asked you STAR interview questions, and the 5th table was a role play. Overall, the hiring process took 9 days but it would’ve been half that time if it wasn’t for my work schedule.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a stressful situation and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you realized that a product or service a customer had was not a good fit for them. How did you know it wasn’t a good fit, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Platinum Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express in December 2017.

Interview

I had two different accounts. One was always automatically denied a second look. I created another account with a new email and received a phone call. Their format for the second interview is extremely impersonal, felt like they really didn’t care to get to know anyone. Probably the reason for such a high turnover.

Interview Questions

• How would you instruct someone on how to save a document using a browser   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Screening with human resources for twenty minutes, next a phone interview with a hiring manager, which was followed by an in person interview, I then received a phone call a few business days later offering the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer